Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Timby posted:

I'm not surprised. As long as they have to devote resources to the legacy systems and deal with an engine that's had a decade of lovely code layered on top of it, we aren't going to see real improvement outside of the look.
I imagine we are still in the transitional period and hopefully 2K is getting a new engine made, I thought with all the mocap poo poo they were doing that it would mean new animations :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Saw like 300+ new comments and thought Benoit or someone was confirmed for 2k15. What is wrong with you people?
I didn't know people really loved Children's Card Games that much :v:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Testekill posted:

On the topic of NewLegacy INC, I wonder how they can just break the game so easily.

Like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I8ln2XFaE

How could you even do this?
Its like something out of the Thing :stonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQZCZiP6L3M

Also a personal favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubZ0AcX6_o

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

So I finally caught up to last decade and got a PS2 over the weekend. I know, as pro graps games go, HCTP is a must. What other wrestling games should I seek out?
Smackdown vs Raw 2006- you can solve the mystery of who ran over Teddy Long or watch Undertaker put Eddie Guerro in a casket months before his death! Also great caw mode and the game still has a lot of moves in it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well, yeah but the scene was put together months before that.
Its funny in a horribly morbid way to do that storyline with Chris Benoit. Then again doesn't 2007 have some eerie storyline Benoit in it?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Congratulations Corey Graves
Too bad with those concussions he'll be unable to play lest he get a seizure or something :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

"Rock You Like A Hurricane" plays whenever Brock hits the F5.
Finally I can have Corey Graves come out to "Renegade"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I just want to know if you can actually hold on to a hold even if the wrestler gets a ropebreak. I miss that feature and still don't know why they got rid of it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?
Big McLargeHuge

Roll Fizzlebeef

Stump BeefKnob

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pis4TcJUAH8
Personally this is the reason I'm most excited for WWE 2K15

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I still say they should have him be like Solomon Crowe's manager, they both like skeevy assholes who will mug you in a dark alleyway.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Apparently some code got leaked and they are adding these moves to WWE 15

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

publishers pushing out unfinished games is becoming a pretty big problem
I'm pretty shocked that Alien: Isolation wasn't a bugged half finished product when it was released. Especially since it was from Creative Assembly

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It showed in the human animations and AI but they clearly put everything they could possibly give into the environments and the Alien and it was the Right Choice.

Publishers are definitely stingy, but the scale of a AAA game is only increasing over time and thus so are the demands of project management. The more you have to put into something to make it work, the more often you have to cut things for time and budget, even when your programmers are good and your management is organized (Yuke's is probably lacking on both fronts, to put it mildly). The latest Deus Ex came out years ago but if you listen to the director's commentary, it feels like every conversation revolves around the massive amount of stuff that had to be cut. 2k15 stands out primarily because it feels so drastic, but also because it's a production that required a lot of work in a very short time frame, and as a yearly franchise it typically accumulated more and more bells and whistles with every iteration over the years.
I know Rope kid has had many a tale about the stuff that was cut from Fallout New Vegas so yeah I know how much cool stuff or gameplay gets cut because of the deadline and money running out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the first wrestling game that procedurally generates selling will be my fav game ever
All we need to do is ask Ian Cheng can program one his simulations in a copy of 2K or Wrestling Empire