Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

career mode should be infinite seriouspost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they wanted to slow down the progress because the faster you progress the quicker you realize that progress is an illusion and the whole thing has been the exact same grind since the outset

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

interesting choice to manifest all of Roman's metaphorical plot armor

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The best Yukes game, Smackdown 2, had crowd ratings for exciting matches and let you book whole shows to try to make great cards. but as with everything else in the series it's all downhill from smackdown 2 (2000 a.d.)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gas

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

So the Christian 2K Showcase DLC gives you an extra Del Rio, Mark Henry, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. However the Mark Henry 2K Showase DLC seems to give you an extra Daniel Bryan, Usos, Big Show, Kane, Ryback, Sheamus, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton. Then there is the Warrior 2K Showcase DLC that gives you an extra Warrior, Hogan, Taker, and HHH. So in total with the DLC ones and the already in game versions there are multiples of these characters: 2 William Regals(Next Gen only), 2 Stings, 2 Ultimate Warriors, 2 HHHs, 2 Undertakers, 2 CM Punks, 2 Batistas, 2 Chris Jerichos, 2 Jimmy Usos, 2 Jey Usos, 2 Rybacks, 2 Big Shows, 3 Kanes, 3 Alberto Del Rios, 3 Hulk Hogans, 3 Mark Henrys, 3 Daniel Bryans, 3 Sheamuses, 4 Randy Ortons.

It seems insane that making duplicate characters is still the only way they know how to do this. Or even if it is, that they can't put something in the UI to appropriately hide the fact that they're duplicate characters and not different versions or whatever

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sorry.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sasha banks just tweeted that she got scanned for 2k16 so let the previous lovely game discussion end and let the hype cycle begin anew

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stop playing the game dummies

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

throw your phone away imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

open the calculator app and type some big numbers in

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna say no but I dunno what the special is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Freddie Blassie rules idiot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Worker profiles should all be name and birthdate imo since they're a fuckin full-time job to do otherwise

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

isnt it about time for 2k16 though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sounds probable and idiotic

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes, what is the weird situation?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

even if it were "infinitely moddable" which is not a thing you still cant mod poo poo gameplay into something good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"yeah this sweet era-accurate lighting is really cool for the five seconds I'm noticing it oh ok now time to play the same drat match that this series has been offering since 2002"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Alright I had an ebay refund go to my paypal so I bought the dumb wrestling game while it's $36 on GMG. is it worth trying to get some steam matches goin

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok this is good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello i have the game u can add me https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984652095

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it is my opinion that you always have to push the reversal button before they initiate the grapple but after they initiate the strike. the grapple animation is too tiny to try to hit it in progress, you basically have to guess at it coming, whereas strike animations you have to catch their limb while it's in mid-air or else you're too early

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The game still feels really floaty and hinky and clumsy and the sound effects suck. and half the animations suck. the combination of these two things means very few of the moves have any impact that makes you go heck yeah that was sweet. triple h ain't doing a little bitchmade chop where his arm doesn't come more than 4 inches away from his own chest.

The thing I like about the game so far is they added way more selling like people crawling across the ring to get up by the ropes and like one time I tried to run up the turnbuckle while exhausted on the apron and the dude sold the whole way up. so that's neat

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so what are the good sites to keep an eye on for mods and poo poo if nobody's gonna repost em here

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

because the DLC is already out on every other platform

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they'll probably change some stuff like that on the fly. If a modder can do it in a week on 2k15, they can switch out someone's hair by the time 2k16 ships.

:allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the game being "good" or not "immediately obsolete" or "worth the money" are factors that are important to you, you should never buy a wwe game, no

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that angle sucked

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fred Durst is BACK

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

I have been staring at this quote for like ten minutes trying to come up with a reply.

I mean they're trying something different, dude, okay and maybe you don't like that and you know what? That's fine. But I think it's kind of bullshit that THAT is the reason you dismiss 2K16 as "another piece of poo poo." Really? Was the chain grappling system that bad? Because it wasn't. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad, and at least they're doing something new and rather than what THQ did they're actually improving upon it. If it was still THQ and they introduced this system? It wouldn't have gotten updated, been in for two or three games, and then suddenly disappeared.

You're really dismissive. That IGN article gave me a lot of faith. I'm just waiting for them to say PC release. Honestly that's all I need to get on board.

A better computer wouldn't hurt, either, because I can't even run 2K15 on this one.

source your quotes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Create a Diva, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship have all been announced as being in 2K16. They removed them in 2K15, which is a step backwards, but when they did they said this:

"For WWE 2K15, we were unable to support new versions of Create-an-Arena, Custom Divas, Create-a-Championship and Story Designer. This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game. The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible."

Now look at what they did with the other Creation tools in 2K15. If you're going to tell me Create an Arena and Create a Championship aren't going to be vastly improved in comparison to what 2K14 offered or 2K15 on last gen consoles then you're blinded by the hatred you have for the fact they took these out in the first place. It's obvious that what they were working on wasn't finished and they were not going to inject the old code in. Now that's it IS finished and it IS going to be added back in I have no doubts in my mind with what they did with Create a Superstar that these things are going to end up being amazing.

Again, like I said, 2K Sports did more in two games with the WWE Brand than THQ has done in years, and honestly I'm just not seeing how you CAN'T see it.

its shite mate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/mannoji_gatame/status/628773631091302402

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does that work with any other game on PS4? I would straight up buy a PS4 today if this is the case.

does what work? i don't think you can trigger the playing of specific songs on spotify through gameplay, no, but you can replace all game music with spotify yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Guy that is apparently leaking stuff says no because that'd involve them making a new skybox. 2K is apparently removing Adnan and maybe Mustafa because so many people complained.

people complained... what, that they were included at all? or was there something else

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I was reading up on it and it sounds like that's the case. It would be sick if I could access Spotify for entrance music but even the implementation they have now is enough to get a buy from me. Looks like I'm gettin a ps4.

the spotify integration on ps4 is really superb, well especially for me since I was already a subscriber. you can just control the whole thing with your phone so you don't need to go up to the system UI and can flip through tracks or whatever without pausing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the gently caress is a music cd

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"last match some against the rock bullshit"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

goldmine this page of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy