Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sky Shadowing posted:

Alright, from what I can see in this stream MyCareer is 100x better than last year's version.

:laffo: Not able to control title matches in Universe mode confirmed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tonfa posted:

Title matches still happen, right? I can't believe I actually have to ask this
From the stream, it seems that in Universe mode, you don't have the ability to give someone a title shot, the computer just doles them out according to that months power rankings in-game. AND if you attempt to edit said title match, it defaults to a non-title match.

What still isn't clear is if GM mode is similar, but I assume in GM Mode you can dick around with who gets what, you're just not able to play any matches, only sim them.

Hopefully 2K does a day one patch and fixes this poo poo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My Paul Heyman is going to take Velocity to the top of the ratings!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Davros1 posted:

There's no GM Mode in this game.

Well gently caress me then. Teaches me not to trust random youtube videos.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm buying it tomorrow cause I dint give a gently caress and look forward to posting videos of how buggy and terrible it is.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I got it. its cool. but wtf, you can't put designs over the lucha masks? :wtc:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rowdy Ringsports Games Thread: Lets talk about Tyler Breeze

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you hire a manager in MyCareer mode like last year and if so can it be Gerald Brisco

Yes you can have a manager im pretty sure you have to buy it and unlock it in the skills(?) menu. But no Brisco. Unless you create him, but im unsure if you can have a CAW as a manager.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Also, HOLY gently caress never EVER preview items in any create a mode. Maybe its my copy of the disc, but previewing stuff instead of just picking it and seeing what it looks like freezes up or just straight up hard crashes ma game :smith:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Big Bidness posted:

They still really needed to put some generic library music in there, though. Its whats lacking the most.

True, but that Ricky Steamboat theme song is straight HOT FIRE.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

How do you unlock the greyed-out moves in the moves list? If the only way is buying them as dlc, thats hosed.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Havoc904 posted:

I am guessing you are talking about My Career Mode? If so, then you buy movesets (like John Cena's move set, so you get the AA, STFU, etc).

I haven't noticed any greyed-out moves in normal creation mode.

Thanks. I didn't realize that since I just jumped into career mode first. Seems pretty dumb to make you "work" for the extra moves when you can just make a CAW first, then just copy his move set to a Career character.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

If I'm not incorrect, MyCareer characters all start with the same moveset, even if you import.

They do, but you can edit them right after the introduction.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

Right, but that still means that the movesets are locked.

Gaz-L posted:

And MyCareer guys start without skills/abilities, so no second finisher or top rope moves, for instance. My guy is using the Tanahashi preset, but I can't do the frog splash till I get the top rope ability.

Correct, but at least when you copy from a moveset from the get-go, you'll get access to MOST of the locked moves in Career mode like grapples, taunts, corner grapples, submissions, etc...

So if you want a rookie Nakamura in Career mode, you can start with the Strong Style Running Knee finisher by copying the moveset from a CAW that has it. Suplex breakbreakers on Tyler Breeze all day from the get go.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

xbone gt: HardFartVictory

most of folks I know on Live don't own this crappy wrestleman game, so hit me up nerds.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

dont discount the facelock grapple, if only for the ability to do a resting hold. resting holds are good. use resting holds.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Create-a-finisher was never that good

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the color bar is your stamina which has three(?) levels: dark blue to blue to purple to empty. no stamina means no signature or finisher. you really need to pace yourself in this game, otherwise you burn out pretty quickly in a match.

percentage numbers is your momentum. 100% for a signature, 150 for a finisher.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Yeah, its almost as if wrestling is a work.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This seems pretty minor but how about fixing the issue where if you only have two taunts in career mode, it only allows you to use one.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I know the strong style running knee is Nakamura's, but who does the other corner finisher finger point running knee to the head?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ShadowedFlames posted:

Watching Extreme Rules in Universe Mode, Sheamus (c) vs. Stardust for the US Title.

Cole in game: Listen to the WWE Universe! It's reactions like that that have Superstars enjoying coming to Baltimore!

Me, watching the game: The display card said Tampa, you idiot!

Its not a glitch. Tampa is a complete poo poo-hole compared to even baltimore.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

this should be the thread title

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

You can also just NOT lose the match if you want. The sp bonuses aren't all that good in the long run. Reminder: this is also the game that gives you the option to join the Hall Of Fame by being a perpetual midcarder, so who gives a poo poo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Joining the hallowed Hall Of Fame jobber ranks, standing shoulder to shoulder with such luminaries like Johnny Rodz, Pete Rose, and Ivan Putski, is THE SUPERSTAR!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

cool they added Shibata's PK combo, because trying to make him as a CAW using the default moves list loving sucked.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

or you could, ya know, just make a moves list in the MyCreations mode which has those moves already unlocked, go into Career mode, edit moves, and Copy Created Superstars move list to your Career caw. Everything will transfer over BUT you will STILL have to "buy" the abilities and skills to do like any of the top rope, springboard, and other situational stuff.

But you'll still get to do cool poo poo like the Rainmaker and Nakamura's knee from the get go.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

a massive patch for a handful of things and prepping for the Legends DLC pack with Dusty and Piper.

too many to list, here's a link http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3891746-WWE-2K16-Patch-1-03-on-PS4-XB1-is-live!-Official-patch-notes-here&p=13700266#post13700266

Steels steps tossed into the ring near the end of an Iron Man match will no longer unnaturally fall from the air during victory scenes

Bullshit. Im trading this game in now.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the new TEW is going to be Mac-compatible?

Also, how the hell do you do the Million Dollar Dream on the Rock in the Showcase mode? I can't seem to find anything about it. thanks in advance. And my Xbox One gamertag is PopeCorkytheIX

re: million dollar dream

iirc its a direction+finisher from a standing position. in the pause menu, you can click on special moves and it'll tell you what is what.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

my dream game is literally just an updated version of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. thanks for listening.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Diddums posted:

NL fooled around with his phoenix splash, and got him to jump over the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyqKqCt_s0

im impressed that you can botch it and land gut first onto the top rope

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Naga Sucks

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

some new ufc 2 poo poo: http://youtu.be/ulO8DyPQ34w

knockouts mode looks pretty fun, but Im not sure how the online mode is going to work with ranking up to the current title holder. is it just luck of the draw that the other guy is online when your playing, or are champions determined during the current game session?

edit: online mode link: http://youtu.be/4xTFuu-v5gE

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 26, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ufc2 talk: It feels like a WWE game, where they touted out this years special awesome new feature (better striking, knockouts) and completely disregarded another (submissions).

EA game rep: "There's always next year!" :suicide:

Playing as a broad is alright though. They get the best hairstyles in the game and my tatted up punk rock waifu can grapplefuck with the best of them.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 16, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MDickie's newest game coming along nicely

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If you play on xBone, WWE 16 will be free next month for Games with Gold.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Davros1 posted:

How can 2k gently caress out the game this year? How about not being able to place a ladder anywhere you want? Or losing a multi-man match because the game forces you to be outside the ring?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/15/wwe-2k17-the-6-biggest-changes-so-far

these are both good things, trust in 2k, trust in WWE, and anyway if it sucks wait until you see WWE 2K18 with a completely overhauled cage match system!

2k has to dump MyCareer and Universe Mode to fit in the cage match system

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

career mode is the only thing I play :shrug:

tbh I think the changes are good, though they could have just as easily made a zone in the middle of the ring that automatically sets up the ladder right in the center but whatever. the new triple threat/tornado match stuff sounds good and the only people bitching about it are trash.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm gonna trick Hulkamatt, CC, and Goog into buying it again this year.

I've already preordered mine because I'm a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

theres some really good NoMercy and VPW2 mods out there, so no thanks to something thats probably going to be as bad as the Triple A game.