Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How is this game 2 months away, and they haven't shown anything from it aside from some still images?

Anyway, IGN posted more details on how the gameplay works today

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Seems more simulation than being able to start the match with a running clothesline which we all probably are use to doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Just what I wanted in a wrestling game, to play an elaborate game of Rock, Paper, Scissors!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

There's no longer an AKI, that's why. Though I've wondered why no one has ever bought the engine and used it as a basis for a wrestling game.

I do not understand why they have not attempted to basically recreate No Mercy as a cheap digital only title. With poor low quality characters and all. Didn't that just happen with RBI Baseball? NBA Jam and NFL Blitz were also brought back as barebones digital games

Ultra realism does not make these games fun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There are 92 spots on that Character Select screen :psyduck: I did not expect anything close to that with these new detailed models.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why is this not on The Network so I can watch it on my TV?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Sting vs. Robocop at Wrestlemania 31 confirmed!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's much easier to look at who they didn't reveal...

Adam Rose
Alex Riley
Alicia Fox
Bad News Barrett
Big Show
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Camreon
Chris Jericho
Christian
Curtis Axel
David Otunga
Diego
Emma
Eva Marie
Fernando
Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hornswaggle
Hunico
Jason Albert
JBL
Jerry Lawler
Kane
Lana
Layla
Mark Henry
Natalya
Paige
Rosa Mendes
Rusev
Ryback
Santino Marella
Sin Cara
Star Dust
Summer Rae
Zack Ryder

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

2k15's site has a lot more people. don't know if there really are more to be revealed or not.

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster

You're right… Alberto Del Rio is still in there too, and Star Dust is listed as Cody Rhodes

Updating the Cut list so far:

Adam Rose
Alex Riley
Alicia Fox
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Christian
David Otunga
Diego
Emma
Eva Marie
Fernando
Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hornswaggle
Hunico
Jason Albert
JBL
Jerry Lawler
Lana
Layla
Paige
Rosa Mendes
Rusev
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how do I free up my cards from this KotR bullshit?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

IcePhoenix posted:

wait for kotr to end (it runs for 48 hours)

I've done that, I am at the point where it asks me to begin a KOTR, and all those cards on the screen are "in use" when I go to train those cards.

It seems like you need to have 5 lovely cards just sitting in there at all times.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

YouTube Doubler

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just want the isolated cat calling from WWF Warzone back in my crowds... too much to ask?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

smashpro1 posted:

Now that I'm in the UR+ tier, it would be nice if drawing a Rare didn't reset the table.

do you get something special from clearing the table? Or a certain number of uncommon cards in the table?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Isn't that just how 2K Sports is when it comes to prerelease info? I saw a reveal trailer for NBA 2K15 that had nothing but cinematic camera angles and no real gameplay, and then stuff like this on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/sNcdizH6lx?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bard Maddox posted:

on the Network schedule for tonight after Raw there's a 2K15 roster reveal so there will probably be more information there

No there won't, it's just the same stream we watched before Summer Slam.

Guh, should i have expected anything more from the "trailer"? It's still dynamic camera angles and not real gameplay.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blasmeister posted:

The gameplay and AI in 2k14 is pretty good, and the load times while long aren't as insane as previous titles. It's probably going to be known as the best WWE game of the 360/ps3 era. It's still a yukes game though, so there's bugs aplenty and it all still looks pretty bad. I enoyed the wrestlemania mode and the CAWs and universe mode are pretty fun, but yeah if you have the ability to run the next gen 2k15 you should maybe think about waiting on that to come out.

I didn't think 2K14 added anything to make it better than 2K13 for me. The roster has The Shield, but you lose all the Attitude Era people in exchange for a bunch of legends, a dozen of which are "retro" versions of people on the main roster.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

harperdc posted:

My two potential tweaks to the game would be moving the floor of "resetting the board" up to Rare once you hit a certain point.

Didn't someone prove that the board means nothing, and you get the same card no matte what card you pick? Like... there are not guarantees of X amount of a certain class of card on the board, so why does it even matter that the board resets? There doesn't even need to be a card selection game to it, just give you two random cards.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jayou posted:

Season pass details revealed for WWE2k15. $24.99 for the pass which has Paige, and...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/wwe-2k15-dlc-and-season-pass-details-revealed

"Accelerator

Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
2K Showcase: One More Match

Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain

Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
NXT Arrival

Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
New Moves Pack

Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99."

$25 for THAT?!? Please... I can't believe they expect people to pay $85 for all that as a bundle for withheld content. Putting Paige with the $25 season pass is ridiculous too

Edit: The IGN US description makes it sound as if the Season Pass only is for the three 2K Showcase storylines, Accelerator, and Paige. They couldn't be withholding the DLC Wrestlers from the season pass, right?

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 14, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I felt very proud of myself for getting WWE 2K13 for $25 on Black Friday, and then getting the Season Pass for $10 on Playstation Plus, all within a month of the initial release.

I can't justify spending $105 on a wrestling game that I know is going to be cheap as hell in a year when the next version comes out. But now they put $45 worth of content behind a paywall that will most likely never come down in price.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Regarding the whole DLC Debacle, It's not so much that the DLC is on the disc or off the disc, it's that it all feels like content that should be in the full game. It's like getting a football game and having to pay extra to play as the Bears, Seahawks, Chargers and Colts, and having to pay extra for common offensive and defensive plays as well as the stadium for your home team. It would just feel like an incomplete game.

When we all imagined DLC for wrestking games, we pictured it being a way to patch in new guys that made their debute AFTER the game was released. But that has never happened, and it never will. Game comes out in November, new guy debutes after Wrestlemania, and then we have to pay extra for them as DLC in the next game if we want to play as them.

It would be one thing if we had the entire main roster on the disc, and paid extra for things like a WCW Pack, NXT Pack, or Legends Pack. That feels like additional content. Just the concept of having to unlock Paige by buying a season pass to a bunch of storylines I don't want to play is ridiculous. Like I mentioned, it's the equivalent of witholding the Green Bay Packers in an NFL game by making you buy a $30 career mode where you build up a rookie player from scratch and make him go through spring training by playing stupid loving mini games.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Noticed this in the footage from the PS3 version of the game

Full price game, over priced DLC, and now there are advertisements in the match? gently caress that.

Swagger Dagger posted:

People are botting, they talk about it on the reddit site for supercard sometimes

Why would you even use a bot to play this game...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mayostard posted:

What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?

I'll be honest, I'll be disappointed if there isn't commentary that mentions the Network for $9.99

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

I cancelled my preorder for the PS3, and to be honest, and am glad I did. Because really, the roster for this game really kind of sucks.

Every roster feels like a downgrade since WWE 13 with the Attitude Era guys.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

PunkBoy posted:

drat, the last gen version must be really bad if even IGN doesn't try to make it seem better than it is.

yeah, surprised IGN gave it anything less than a 7.5

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Quick list of active wrestlers/divas missing from 2K15:

Alicia Fox
Otunga
Diego
Fernando
El Torito
Eva Marie
Health Slater
Huncio
Layla
Rosa Mendes
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already had models for a lot of them.
That's actually not bad considering the size of the roster. I'm convinced that all roster complaints come from the fact that the current roster or active wrestlers is just pathetic compared to previous years.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Always one step forward and two steps back all the way back to the ps2 era with these fuckers. Can't have all those CAW dudes cutting into the dlc bottom line too hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the point of limiting CAWs is because they don't want eveyone just downloading CAWs of all the DLC wrestlers.

But then again, I am also surprised you can't buy DLC CAW Slots. Because seriously... these systems come with a 500GB hard drive. There should be no limit to this stuff.

Also, the game has been delayed a day until Nov 18th (seriously)
http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-new-release-date-for-wwe-2k15-on-next-generation-consoles

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm still surprised there are 13 loving CM Punk attires in this game across 2 versions of him. Like thanks for the detail, but literally most of these are just the same design without the small specifics he had on them, like the halloween theme one doesnt have the webs in the design, or just have a different entrance attire. Whatever thought, last game with CM Punk I guess do whatever and go hogwild.

It's because of the rivalry mode, and them putting in the exact attire they were wearing for their matches

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looks like if you can wait until Black Friday, Target is offering a $15 Gift Card with WWE 2K15 from 11/27 to 11/29

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Astro7x posted:

Looks like if you can wait until Black Friday, Target is offering a $15 Gift Card with WWE 2K15 from 11/27 to 11/29

And Best Buy will have the PS3/360 version for $30.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I never noticed the 'no 2 count" glitch in 2K13... I probably didn't play it as much as some of you though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Timby posted:

At least they came out and said something. THQ would have gone on Twitter and said that removing all the creation modes was actually a feature aimed at ensuring players' focus is on the in-ring gameplay so they could appreciate all the small tweaks.

I forget what was said exactly, but the reasoning for removing the Nitro arena was bullshit considering it was completely done.

pressedbunny posted:

There's no excusing this or shrugging it off when they already announced, months ago, a big DLC plan. You don't list a season pass—which doesn't cover all the content—and a bunch of other DLC packages and then say "oh we didn't have time to include basic features, sorrylol."

I never touch these modes, but I can see how some people enjoy them. That said , wouldn't call them 'basic features' by any means. It's not like they are taking out match types like cage matches or the royal rumble or whatever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pressedbunny posted:

That's what's happening this time. The review embargo lifts the night of release day, not the morning. The game will be on sale (and pre-orders intact and fulfilled) for the whole day before reviews can go live.

Who the hell pre-orders games these days… we are past the days where games are on cartridges and actually scarce on their release date. The last time I had trouble finding a game on the first day was back in the N64 days.

Edit: God, what horrible announcing…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxR0jAFXDQ&t=170s

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why do all the videos this guy is uploading to YouTube have no entrance music?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Daniel Bryan posted:

Like if you don't see a pretty big difference i don't know what to say

there's a lot you can knock the new generation version for, but i don't think character models are it really

even if they're not perfect, they're a huge improvement

You never play the game with the camera that close though. The camera is closer than in other sports games, but you will not see the veins of Cenas arms unless you are performing some cinematic move where the camera cuts in.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.

I remember Killzone being $40 like a week or two after launch of the PS4. It's not unheard of...

Perigryn posted:

The only thing that 2K can do at this point is a lot of make good free DLC to add stuff back in like match types and creation parts/entrances for wrestlers not in the game.

Hahahahahaha. Are you serious?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Those games are not yearly sports titles.

We have always hoped for Wrestling game DLC to give us new features and wrestlers before the next game is released. It will never be that, and looks to not be changing from locking away a good portion of the roster that is already on the disc.

Why give us those modes for free when it can be a feature of WWE 2K16.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Don't get your hopes up for free DLC...

This is like... everything I want a WWE game to be. How is the actual game not like this?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
for the next 38 minutes, Amazon Lightning Deal with a $15 Amazon Credit when purchasing the PS4 version at full price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

AlbertRayon posted:

I finally deleted Supercards. It feels good. More of you should do it too.

It was fun for a couple days. Then I realized there is no point to the game other than it being a glorified Rock Paper Scissors