Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yo on the MMA side, we need to spend a few moments talking about EA UFC.
Pros:
-use the cage to do funny kicks and punches
-landing a submission is satisfying as hell
-cool blocking mechanics

Cons:
-very arcadey, expect to throw 100 strikes per round
-goofy capoeria movesets
-no cagewalking
-ref standups are spastic as gently caress
-no sprinting
-no pride mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Little Mac posted:

Destiny does not look interesting, though. :(

Agree, the beta lacked suplexes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

First THQ now 2K is snowjobbing us. Wrestling games are cursed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvVRqMIrWs

It's a better looking 2K14.

same pig, new lipstick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Train just wastes cards to level another one up, Combine combines to of the same cards and makes them better.

I've been feeding other common cards to my only Diva. Works pretty well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Under the vegetable posted:

Hopefully next year virtual concepts does the whole thing. Fingers crossed.

:laffo:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The chances of getting a high level diva card are pretty drat low because of their sample size in cards. Which sucks because you absolutely need:
-a decent matched tag team
-another matched tag team that you can use as individuals
-a diva.

This game has made me realize I want to see a Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton tag team happen. They could go indie as gently caress with the tandem moves.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Swagger Dagger posted:

That reusing cards trick works on iOS.

yeah I just used it. welp.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Supercard booking has told me that a Daniel Bryan managed by Vince McMahon is the golden pathway to money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

I beat Coconono and made him ashamed.

I cried and haven't touched the game since.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

They built the consoles along the all-in-one box philosophy and as such they probably envisioned streaming music from a hard drive as being more forward-thinking than ripping files directly. Lack of the feature was something that PS4 owners aired their grievances over pretty early and Sony was caught flat-footed. They promised to implement it at some point in the future, but that was over a year ago.

easiest way to get around it is to have a way to for games to link to your amazon prime/itunes/whatever account and let you use the music you have rights to on there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't suplex people in Destiny and it makes me angry.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Titans can do busaiku knees

I'll run that next. I'm currently having fun with my grenade melee deadpool warlock.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny Angel posted:

Who did Tyson Kidd piss off to get such abysmal stats?

His wife.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

I want to run a Total Divas themed deck, I just need to figure out how to hack the game to let me use more Divas or at least make a Vinnie card

Usos, Cena, Bryan and pick a diva.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

they're not going to because Skyrim has actual modding tools and this game won't. there will be some basic stuff but don't get your hopes up for a ton of crazy mods.

Wasn't it the 2k NBA that someone mod together a looney toons team and they made it a DLC pack shortly afterwards?

efb

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

smashpro1 posted:

Just a quick SuperCard observation: All four members of Evolution have their triangles facing in a different direction.

proof that HHH has a hand in game design. That nerd.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayostard posted:

I want to drop crates on Hogan backstage.

Evict Sting from the Rafters using sneaky real estate tactics that only work in the wrestling universe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

EA actually released some pretty extensive patches for that UFC game. Like, not 'changed 2 numbers' patches, but adding new animations, fighters and mechanics big. It's pretty decent, actually.

still doesn't have sprinting and butt scooting, tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please explain butt scooting in detail, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ3MaimiGvk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

PS4 will be getting an update soon which includes, among other things, custom soundtracks

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/16/ps4-system-software-preview-usb-music-player-new-home-screen-colors-more/

Time to prepare a USB full of themes...

if its not a USB stick full of Ahmed Johnson soundbytes you're doing it wrong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

yeah, surprised IGN gave it anything less than a 7.5

Sounds like they didn't send a big check to IGN for this year's edition more than anything.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no Los Matadors is kinda bullshit, IMO.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brie has pissed on more women than Elgin ever had. Therefore Brie is the hossest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does 2k15 have the Community Creations stuff that previous versions had? Thats the only way I can see 25 slots getting filled quickly for non-obsessives.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I tried importing Rowan's lamb mask in the EA UFC game and it kept breaking. This gives me hope.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Please tell that's not a next gen render. That looks like poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Authentic WWE experience right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seems kinda dishonest that the game's already gold and they're doing the "oh by the way..."

So can we dispense with the bullshit of "well maybe next year they'll get it right"?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02-c8ZiDqY&list=UUxWypy81laoaOKJOhKiV2Zw

I guess it's exactly what I expected. A few new things like HHH's desperation pedigree are cool. The rest looks basically the same as 2K14.

where the gently caress is the ref?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have a $400 gamemachine that's so advanced it runs my loving living room and Yukes still can't figure out ref.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna wait on this to get cheap and then get it. There's no way I'm paying $60 bucks for a next gen game that can't animate hair right. Probably going to pass on the DLC too unless there's game modes or whatever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Me too; unfortunately, it seems that the most vocal part of the audience demand VOs, which is why we went from the awesome season mode in HCTP to the lame ones since HCTP. I guess they hate reading or something?

JR and Lawler always sound so enthused when they're doing VO work.

I'm surprised WWE hasn't forked over mic only audio for Yukes or whoever to splice and play with. Given a large enough sample size, you could probably invent new material out it(think like Siri). But you know innovation, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spongeh posted:

YEA!! why DOESN'T 2k have a computer speech research lab for their sports game! fuckin just trying to make a quick buck off of DLC instead of trying to solve very hard computer science problems for their games!

Solves very hard problem, makes a 10000x more money off licensing the tech to other companies. All because some limbdick nerd wanted to have John Cena says fart jokes he never actually ever said.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They're not using A Man Called Sting and that's the greatest tragedy of this game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fired up EA UFC and did a career mode with my newest HW prospect Big "Jumbo" Johnson. First match in dude catches a kick and dumps me, thai style. Holy crap.

EA UFC was a horrific launch but they've polished up the gameplay and continue to add fighters, its worth a buy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i've heard EA UFC is a game that's really shaped up post-launch, it's nice that the devs have stuck to it

I bought it day one and it really wasn't much of a game. Then they issued a few mechanics patches and it suddenly got fun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, the gameplay has been polished up to be much more decent. The real problem is there still isn't that much to do in the game. The career mode is super-repetitive, the create-a-fighter is too thin to have any real fun with and there's no ladder/title/etc. modes, so it's basically just "well, do you want to play career mode again or go online?"

Still, if you like punching people, worth the discounted price.

Its great fun with friends. The controls are right enough that my super mashy friends can hold their own evenly against super fighting game nerds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EA UFC Career mode trip report:
KO'd Chael Sonnen with my supperweight via handplant cartwheel kick in a superfight.

I hope next year they'll make the damage model a little more realistic. Landing 4 jabs and followed by overhand right should wobble a dude at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Show hasn't had a gut that trim since 99.