Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

harperdc posted:

I think it'll be global, but I'm not as convinced the licensed stuff will make it to the Steam version. Still a possibility.
The director has tweeted that it'll come to the Steam version in some form around the same time as the PS4 release.
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/948468944578293761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
According to the NJPW site, the Story Mode in the DLC will be based around NJPW's 2017.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

I can't understand how Activision hosed that license as hard as they did. They could have put out proper remakes of the first couple games in HD and it would have been awesome.

Instead we got Tony Hawk HD (which controlled like poo poo) and THPS4.
When Harmonix left to do Rock Band, Neversoft was shuffled onto the Guitar Hero franchise, which they did fairly admirably until the arse-end fell out of the instrument-controller-game market, at which point they were merged into the CoD machine. When Neversoft moved onto Guitar Hero, the Tony Hawk series was moved to a studio called Robomodo that was founded by veterans of... the Fight Night team. Huh. Weird how this topic comes together. Anyway, Robomodo didn't do a very good job and now they no longer exist either.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Can I just get a Tony Hawk game that was as fun as 1 or 2?
Grab a copy of THUG2 for PC and look up a mod called THUGPRO. It ports over all sorts of poo poo from across the series into one game to sort of make it the Tony Hawk All Stars game.

Tato posted:

I do weekly blood rituals to try and force AKI back into existence. I'll throw in a quick prayer for Skate next time for you guys.
The good news is that AKI still technically exist, they changed their name to Syn Sophia.

The bad news is they stopped making wrestling games and instead make the Style Savvy series, which, well, isn't wrestling.

Supposedly they made a barcode-battler-y wrestling game for mobile in 2014/2015, but the official website seems to have been replaced with domain squatters, so I suspect it didn't do well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/961779721070522369

For reference, that's $5,855.65

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/968177488273670145

tldr; In-game cosmetic tat being revealed in April and released throughout the year.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 27, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so, uh... is FPWW abandoned?

the last patch was 1/19 and there's been no news of any kind that I'm aware of since the dev restructuring thing. do we even know if MotR is still coming out?
Latest update was a month ago:

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/963225146898071552

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Spike Chunsoft will be doing a stream this week from GDC. There'll probably be Fire Pro stuff there.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/975840457463771136

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What what I understand the past games did quite well on consoles.
Also, the Japanese console market is quite a bit larger than the Japanese PC gaming market.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Fire Pro patch is out.

quote:

Version 1.0200 was published today.
Today’s patch (Version 1.0200) adds the following moves:

NEW MOVES
Standing (Big): Fierce Knife-Edge Chop
Counter: Fierce Knife-Edge Chop
Counter: Hip Toss
Front Grapple (SML): Face Slap B
Front Grapple (SML): Hip Toss
Front Grapple (MED) Fierce Headlock
Front Grapple (MED) Torture Headlock
Front Grapple (BIG) Pull Down Face Buster B
Front Grapple (BIG) Double Arm Face Buster B
Front Grapple (BIG) Reverse Gory SpecialDriver
Opponent Down – Face Up, Near Head: Iron Claw Hold

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/992260936680390657

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/996671549829627904

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Tekken 7 will be getting some free NJPW tat at the end of the month.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/999288940153618433

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mary had a little clam posted:

I'd like to see this on a PPV sometime frankly.
Mick Foley sleeping under a pile of newspapers in one of the ring corners, if he gets woken up both combatants are disqualified and Foley wins.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Fire Pro World comes to PS4 Aug 28
Now with pre-order deets and links for the west:
https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1002301443737464833

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1006558614918582277

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Steam store page for the Fire Pro NJPW DLC is up. Date is August 28, day-and-date with the PS4 release.

In addition, the PS4 version has been dated for both physical and digital European releases on September 28.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Basically, they've just replaced the season pass with Steam's bundle system where you can get discounts on the items in the bundle you don't have yet.

So it should work out the same as the season pass price-wise, you'll just have to buy each DLC for the discounted price manually.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

triplexpac posted:

So is there an easy way to clear out my 33 pages of workshop characters in Fire Pro? I haven’t touched the game in a year and want to start fresh with the DLC
Go to the Workshop site and click Browse > Subscribed Items. You can now review and easily unsubscribe from anything you've subscribed to.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Fire Pro patch is out on Steam with bugfixes and loadtime improvements. More importantly, Fire Promoter has been dated for February 27.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

well gently caress man don’t leave us hanging
The crowd won.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I believe there's also been multiple cases after the initial release of them completely replacing the external company hired to do most of the actual development, hence all the DLC delays.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

I got the "art disappears in Year 2" bug and it persisted through starting a new game, which is a shame.
Spike Chunsoft just pushed out a patch on Steam to fix this.

quote:

UPDATE NOTES
[FIRE PROMOTER]
  • Fixed issue where event graphics would stop displaying.

Thank you for posting your bug reports to the forums and social media.
We are working to address them and will release further updates as soon as possible.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Suda shared some brief comments with PCGN

The new campaign will place you firmly in the wrestling boots of the son of the character from the FPW Special storyline as he too becomes a rookie wrestler. Suda plans to "portray the internal workings of a pro wrestler, and all the drama that comes along with that", but it's very early in the process so he's not sure how dark it's gonna get... The release date is unknown, since Suda is basically doing his writing at home after work, but it'll hopefully be out this year.

In addition, Suda is trying to convince Spike to translate FPW Special and put it on Steam, so the rest of the world can be introduced to that ball of crazy.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
An interesting piece of history has floated online: An unreleased Universal Wrestling Corporation game for the NES, from that very brief period between their founding and their changing their name to WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Dcy2MecQg

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

it's pretty much what the UFC games have done for like a decade
Dunno how EA does it, but IIRC the Undisputed games did studio recordings - internet funnyman Seanbaby has mentioned being a writer on them in the past.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Just fuckin make a modern roster No Mercy port cowards
AKI haven't made a wrestling game in over a decade, I'd be pretty surprised if the brain trust behind those games (or the code that drove them) are still around.

Tato posted:

Isn't this the last Yukes developed game anyway? Is 2k just going to keep the code and assets and keep this bloated corpse shambling along?
Yes, although Yukes will, and I quote, "continue providing support to 2K with regard to the game engine", so you won't be able to escape the all-consuming gravitational pull of PS1-era jank.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tart Kitty posted:

FFNY loving rules, and it sucks that we won't ever get a remaster because of the insane licensing involved, but I would have loved to have seen that specific fight club-style engine get used in other games.
Hasn't Def Jam Records been threatening to do something with that series for a while now?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cavauro posted:

dude i'm pretty fuckin mad about comparing trespasser to this. that game's problems were titty health and being before its time. god drat it
The project lead on Trespasser has basically come out and said that drat, he really needed a goddamn producer to crack the whip and keep him on track. There was a lot of wandering into the wilderness on that game...

But he's also said that all his mistakes on that game taught him lessons that were instrumental in co-creating the original Xbox, so you know, swings and roundabouts.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Actual wrasslegame news: Fire Pro is getting a create-an-entrance system... as a twenty-dollar DLC?

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/1184744628936790017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

spongeh posted:

If it comes to pass that Visual Concepts are working on something entirely new in-house and they just had to get this year's out the door without Yukes
Yukes are apparently still providing support for their game engine, and the new NBA 2K game was apparently a bit of a mess, so yeah, I wouldn't be expecting a miracle in twelve months time...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Timby posted:

How on God's green earth is a nearly two-hour video a "quick look?"
It's fifteen 2009 minutes, adjusted for inflation.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Battlegrounds is being done by Saber Interactive, who previously did NBA Playgrounds along with a butchers dozen co-development/console port gigs like Quake Champions and the Switch port of The Witcher 3. This was never intended to be the Only, Main Event WWE Game Of 2020, but 2020 insists on being all weird.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cavauro posted:

there are a few heroes in this thread saying the 'game play' will mean everything, and they are right
I mean, it's being made by Yuke's. They don't have a history of quality even outside of their one-year-deadline wrestling games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Artelier posted:

I'm asking because Switch games have no regional pricing for me and Empire doesn't seem to be on PC (yet?).

Fawf posted:

It's coming elsewhere eventually

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There's also a pre-registration page for the Android version.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i am still amazed that a game in that series could run on the switch
From the sounds of things the whole thing was rewritten in Unity, an actual modern game engine (Same one that was used for Fire Pro World!) as opposed to the old 3D games' Blitz Basic mess that doesn't deal with modern systems well, or the recently-killed-off Flash used in the mobile games... That might mean that proper mod support for the eventual PC version might require some Fire Pro-style wrangling, though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

They always cut away from the entrance of tired because they don’t know how to animate taking things off
To be fair, it's actually really hard to animate taking clothes off in real time, pretty much every single game cheats at it in varyingly entertaining ways.

The only game to do properly and on-camera was a cutscene in Uncharted 4 where two characters shrug off their suit jackets, and even then there was a whole lot of R&D and lost hair getting that right.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Legacy have kicked off their Fighting Back charity stream. They're not even half an hour in and they're hit over $9000 in donations to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

coconono posted:

was there a version of WWF Attitude that didn't have Owen Hart? I'm trying to remember how that went down. I know I had the version where it had a tribute logo and Owen was playable.
I checked all the versions I had at hand, and it looks like he was playable in every version except the Game Boy Color, although I only saw the dedication splash screen on startup in the N64 port.