Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can't think of a "famous rivalry" I care about less than HHH/HBK. I liked Wrestlemania mode, even if I still haven't been able to beat The Rock with John Cena yet for the last one.

I'm not upgrading to next-gen anytime soon, so I really hope Universe mode is at least in 360. And I really hope some kind of storyline ever actually happens/matters in Universe mode.

vvv But wouldn't Universe mode be in the next-gen versions, too? Or would that version be the souped-up version and the 360 would get the same ol' same ol'?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wonder if that means the matches are going to have a lot more close-up angles and such if you're 'lockpicking' moves each time, and then I wonder how the hell that's going to translate to Royal Rumbles and such, if you pick a guy and see through his eyes the whole time.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can't wait to run endless blood feuds between Bad News Barrett and Bad News Brown.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The only Dusty Rhodes I've seen so far is a Common, which is appropriate. He's just a common man.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been Super Rare Tier for a while, but the only SR I've gotten is a 2x4.

However, I just maxed out two Rare AJs and have a pro rare AJ now.

This is the absolute worst time for this game to happen because I have to pack for a cross country move and I have to fight my addiction.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I really want to get a Macho Man card. or Demolition cards. Are there Demolition cards?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, there's a limit to the amount of cards you can actually have, so completing a collection isn't likely.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

In the SR tier. I have only 2 SR cards.

They are both 2x4s.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I won a KOTR and got two SR Mizzes. Sigh.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Came in second in another KOTR and got two SR John Cenas. Sigh.

GIVE ME SOMEONE COOL. JUST GIVE ME MACHO MAN AND I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING HIM.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, if you win all three matches you should get to pick three cards.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

IcePhoenix posted:

So I finished second in that UR KotR

:getin:

Yes! Blue triangle! I won't have to rework my whole team when I finally get him!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just had a crushing moment of ennui, scrambling to finally break into the Ultra Rare tier, excited to maybe get that new AJ Lee or Macho Man Randy Savage... and getting a ladder.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Senerio posted:

I had the opposite; I was expecting a ladder and got a UR AJ. :smuggo:

Smuggo indeed.

Speaking of, I would also like them to stop giving me SR Vince McMahons. Seriously, give me SRs of somebody I like, please. You think I want to play this game with Pro SR Mizzes and Cenas?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I felt a little bad for beating a guy who had an Epic AND UR Macho Man Randy Savage, both of which I want.

Then I felt bad because I managed to get to Ultra Rare+, expecting another UR for reaching the next tier. R Justin Gabriel. What? Okay, maybe I have to have STARTED this round of card-pick in the tier. R Rey Mysterio.

loving GAME. The last SR it gave me was loving Fandango.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've gotten 5 SR Vince McMahons. I can't bring myself to abandon all hope of cards I want and spend time building up to ANOTHER pro Vince McMahon, nor can I bring myself to feed my excess Rares to Vince, Cena or Miz - I want to save them for good characters. My Pro R Rock is starting to look weak. Pro R AJ is still holding up fairly well, but not as well as she used to.

I'm in UR+ and still only have an UR ladder.

I wish I could set the ladder as champ.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Came in second in KOTR and got a pair of SR Yokozuna. Which I would be fine with if he had blue triangles. Maybe I should start trying to level up both a blue and yellow deck, just for variety. So I can stop looking at the stupid Miz.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just realized that it doesn't matter how many games you play, but it's the power of your cards that determines your tier. I have a maxed out SR Pro John Cena, Miz and Vince. And R Pro maxed Rock and AJ. I can't get up to UR++ without getting something better.

Guess I'll have to train up ANOTHER GODDAMN PAIR OF SR CENAS. Been in UR+ for a while. Still the only UR is the goddamned ladder.

Just gimme macho

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

IcePhoenix posted:

He's p cool

I WOULD LIKE TO SNAP INTO THIS, PLEASE.

Oh, yeah. Dig it, etc.

You have the Megapowers. I hope they don't explode.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

gently caress YOU RARE TYSON KID IN ULTRA RARE +. GIVE ME A loving ULTRA RARE THAT ISN'T A GODDAMNED LADDER.

I've given up. I'm leveling up two more of my three extra SR Vince McMahons. And half-heartedly leveling up a rare Undertaker to pro up.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm thinking that maybe, instead of leveling up a second batch of McMahons to pro them, I might start cultivating a yellow-triangle deck to change things up a bit when I'm sick of looking at stupid Cena and Miz and sick of angrily hoping for Macho Man Savage or a second SR Chris Jericho. I've got two SR Yokozunas, Big Shows and Dean Ambroses, all bottom triangles. I have no doubles of yellow top triangles.

Seriously just give me UR Macho Man. UR+ is a lie.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

DoctorDelaware posted:

I'm almost to Legendary+, and I haven't gotten an Epic drop (after my freebie.)

That makes me think I should just quit now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Finally got an UR human being thanks to getting into the first round of KOTR. It's Naomi. I'll take that. My R Pro AJ was starting to get middling, and the drive to get the second SR Paige is less crucial.

Naomi and a ladder. Ooh, yeah, dig it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I make Man-Thing faces lately.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Ok I'm gonna need a cap of that.

Stare at the cards long enough and they have eyes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hugh G. Rection existed outside of the lovely 80s sex comedy "Loose Screws?"

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I concur. Being just in Ultra Rare ++ and still getting constant Rare Tyson Kidd drops just kills my interest in this game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Mayostard posted:

Yeah, I got three rare Swaggers in one day on Friday and I'm in Legendary.

Exactly. That poo poo will never stop. Why am I bothering with this struggle for Macho Man?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, I guess I'm done playing SuperCard. It will only let me sign on through FB instead of GameCenter.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and I actually got an Ultra Rare drop to go with my ladder.

It's the 2x4.

I do have a handful of URs from KOTRs though, although I could really use a left blue triangle to work on putting my Max Pro R Rock to bed. Or a pair for the URs so I can phase out Cena/Miz. A pair for my SR Jericho or SR Rock would even be nice. I did just get a second SR Bray Wyatt, so maybe I should train those jerks up.

My desire to grind ebbs significantly though, so I basically just check in to manage KOTR and hope for decent UR drops.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, so much for this KOTR. Can't log in through GameCenter again. A recurring glitch.

I did, however, win one a few days ago and got a pair of UR Rocks, which is just what I needed to replace my Pro R Rock. Then I lost in the first round, and actually got a second UR Hogan, so I should be good to go for a while. But I have to boringly grind for cards to feed them, and that's when I remembered this game is pretty lame overall. Yet just addictive enough.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, I was just about to complain about finally cracking Epic and getting Randy Orton, but then RKO Outta Nowhere showed up in the wrestling gif thread and now I'm happy to juice him up to replace SR Pro Miz and/or Cena.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just got crushed in super card a bunch of times in a row now that I'm in epic. I guess this is why the sandbagging happens. I might be done, too.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

SuperCard is weird. I want the cards but I hate playing the actual 'game,' what little there is of one. All I've been doing is rearranging my KOTR deck.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap. Fuji? If they added Demolition cards, I may start grinding again.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, I just hooked up my XBox 360 again after moving, and while I expected to have an issue re-establishing the custom music in 2k14, I'm not having the usual problem where all my custom playlists aren't showing up at all. Instead, I'm seeing them as selectable, but they aren't playing the music in previews or in matches. I suppose I can try to restart, but since it's a different issue, I don't know if there's a different solution.

EDIT: Never mind. Gotta re-set up the Windows Media Center malarkey. Bleh. MUST HEAR JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR WHEN DON "THE ROCK" MURACO ENTERS.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 4, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I decided to check out Supercard for the first time in weeks to see this RTG thing. I try to play, and it says "Event Ended." Meanwhile, an "Event Over" countdown clock is still going for another day or so.

I'd delete this game, but my five year old niece likes to play it sometimes and point out how gross it is that you can see all the guys' nipples.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Let me know when I can get Bad News Brown.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been out of the loop for a while. Just fired up 2k14 again in my new home. Did they take down XBox Live capability for 2k14 now? Can I download no one else?

Also, trying to get it to remember all the custom theme songs I have to stream to it. I always forget how to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Got a bigger hard drive for my 360 and started ripping more music to it to circumvent the pain of setting up Windows Media Center streaming of theme songs.

Then Hacksaw Jim Duggan comes out to "Grab Them Cakes" and when he wins, they play Superfly Snuka's song for some reason. So 2k14 will occasionally be crappy and just grab random files to play entrance music no matter what's assigned.