Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus 250 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does this mean Dandelion is mjf?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll just wait for a sequel if it ever happens

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I play swtor for seasons

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Sounds like the arcade mode I've been hoping for so that's a thing I'll actually be back for

This was the career mode for WCW Revenge and I love it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

At this point I think M'Dickie can qualify as a game designer auteur

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I might just buy Cyberpunk this week, it's also only like $25 on PS5 or something. I fear every game I play is going to pale in comparison to Baldur's Gate now. Maybe if AEW comes back with a ton of other cool stuff I'll give this season pass a go in like 6 months, but "Beat The Elite" mode isn't enough to get my dollars.

Baldur's Gate is easily my favorite rpg of all time. But other games are fun too! Try something completely different. Have you tried Devil May Cry 5? Fun action game. How about a sports game? The new madden is on sale. You could also maybe get a chill game. I tried a tavern sim called Traveler's Rest and it seems really in depth if you like that kind of thing.

When in doubt play the sims or a civ game to eat up a bunch of your hours.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll probably never play that - I enjoy watching streamer's play it. Woolie's run was great.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that's what a punch from goku would look like in real life

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

I'm writing a piece on hard boss battles and it has me thinking, who's the hardest final boss in a wrestling game?

I never played it, but I remember hearing how Jarrett in the TNA game was some special kind of Hell. Then there's the special Undertaker and John Cena boss modes in the 2K games.

Master Barnes is up there just because 3 Count Bout is virtually unplayable to begin with.

The hardest boss match I've ever had in a wrestling game was Day of Reckoning ironman match against the undertaker at Wrestlemania 20. It was actually a great match. I was down 4 to 5 and there was a minute left so I was making a strategy in my head about what to do when I play it again. Suddenly I got a flash pin with 30 seconds left and Undertaker goes to hit me with the finisher. I reverse it which gives me a finisher instead and hit him with my finisher and bam I get the win 6 to 5. Like it actually ended like a good wrestling match organically.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

Oh cool a new update with some much needed content I can't wait to -

... oh.

They really couldn't make this a free addition next to the paid wrestler dlc's? The "prizes" kinda look like poo poo too.

Tony needs to give the rights for Fight Forever to Larian Studios.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lucifunk posted:

Punk's Charisma is 16, but his Stamina and Strength are 4. He has weaknesses to people younger than him, glass, and diving. Every game day that passes you have to roll to see if he attacks another member of the party

right lol so just a normal dark urge run.

Ace Steel is his butler goblin guy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that's what they should keep doing - just patch after patch of more CAW parts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

match types I'd like see added

Death Match

Dog Collar Match

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The337th posted:

In the good old days you'd drop a fairly shallow game (remember how extremely lackluster Smackdown 1's CAWs were?) and pretty quickly iterate onto the next one that builds way more depth and refinement

which is to say I'd kill for the alternate reality where a 2nd game would just come out with the depth leap of Smackdown 2, and a matching endless career mode

smackdown 2 was hilarious, over the cours of a month I started tagging with Road Dog, he betrayed me, then him and xpac started beating me down and then I started teaming with xpac against Road Dog.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Big news for games fans.

gently caress yeah. Mdickie is an auteur on the level of Kojima

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm the Doctor, and I'm here to help

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got hired by Vince and the first thing I did was go to his office and try to injure him lol

edit

oh this motherfucker asked me to market a gun!

Edit Edit:

Oh man Abyss just called Kenny Omega an empty headed dumb gently caress at a press conference. I love wrestling empire

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 13, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The last story mode I really enjoyed was Here Comes the Pain. I honestly don't know what I want from a storymode. I guess it would be high reactivity. Like if they could somehow make it react in different ways to my wins, losses and if I cheated or not.

Larian please make a wrestling game.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Play SLAMMED!

I love slammed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hate this family guy art style

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tiny

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

its so bad looking

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Been playing fight for new york and man that's all I want from a wrestling game. Fun to play. Cool story mode. Interesting match types. DONE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

the def jam games prove that no matter how much you tweak them, no matter how fundamentally you change the nature of the game, tag team and multi-man matches in wrestling games will always suck rear end and be dogshit unfun to play

I just don't have the patience for a tag team match. Unless it's all tornado tag.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yeah they really just need to focus on a sequel that is all about making a real game around the good gameplay. But I ain't buying anything day one from them until they prove themselves. I'm not hopeful

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now the game really has jumped the shark

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the one Kenny made is just another one of the Outrunner brothers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Beepie's getting his own DLC pack, brother

They should pay me to get that one

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

People are playing the rape company's new poo poo game?
Honestly I'm with you. I can't even play the old games anymore. Any time I do I'm just like eh I don't wanna see those characters. Same with the new ones

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

I concur. Like I haven't even been following NL's coverage of it. But nothing stops capitalism.

right. I'm not gonna rain on anyone's parade this is a personal thing. I got all these games set up on my steam deck for my son, but every time I thought to install Smackdown 2, No Mercy, Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain I thought about it for a few seconds and just lost all interest. Don't know if that will ever change honestly.

So I installed Def Jam Vendetta and FFNY instead.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fly Ricky posted:

Honest question and not trolling: everyone that is (justifiably) disgusted by the game has quit watching WWE entirely right?

I get it if that’s the deal. The company itself is still as awful as it’s always been.

(still watching myself, all respect due if you don’t)

for sure. I stopped watching it years ago because it's such a lovely show. Between this and the Saudi deal I never have any interest in ever watching again unless it's gutted, becomes a much better show and stops working with Saudi. None of those things will ever happen. And honestly it doesn't matter - they are making more money than ever and don't care if I don't watch so whatever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Put Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on there with the translation installed (or maybe not dude)

oh yeah I got this one too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Ruining a friends life forever because the crude approximation of his avatar couldn't stop jerking while being choked is the perfect use of a wwe game

A shame we didn't get him into season 2 in time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Posting is cool

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Double posting is cooler

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But triple posting?! only assholes would do that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005