Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got a Super Rare Shawn Michaels earlier. It's been a wonderful thing, and goes pretty well with my rare Ambrose & Rollins tag team, Brock, and the green AJ I just kind of fed a lot of cards to in lieu of getting a better Diva drop. Only person she's lost to is a super rare Brie Bella, and I can only imagine the disappointment of the guy who got that thing.

This game is too addicting :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

WE ARE STARTING, YOUNG BUCKS VS. COMPUTER CLASSICS (BJ BLAZKOWICZ AND PRINCE OF PERSIA) ON NOW

Just want to say that Goldberg/Hogan match was something special. It got to the point where I was expecting a Critical on every decently big move for the last few minutes of the match. Just a spectacular murder.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I bought Fire Pro in the Steam sale, and was wondering if anyone had tips for the grapple timing. The most prominent tip I got from googling was to actually go by the foot stomp sound, but I just can't get any consistency even in mission mode. If I hit the input the moment I hear the sound come in, I'll often get Too Early, and if I try a slight hesitation then it ends up being late. The few times I've gotten a chain going, it inevitably ends and I can't get started again for the life of me.

EDIT: hosed around some more and the actual timing point seems to be right at the end of the stomp sound

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 11, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Wait, you can actually PLAY the matches in Fire Pro?

speaking of, whose poo poo should i look for on the steam workshop

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there a way I'm missing to turn off fatigue carryover in a tournament or is that just how it is.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I want to like Fire Promoter more than I do but it's options are so limiting. I hate not being able to really do multi-man matches in particular.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any present-day RL mod folks are gravitating to for TEW '20? I'm kind of eyeing grabbing it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I just got Fire pro recently and I've figured out how to download wrestlers but is there a limit for how many I can download? I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Seems to be about 1000, with slots being shared between your downloads and your own CAWs.

I got back into Fire Promoter recently since I took advantage of the current PSN sale to rebuy the game, as I just dont enjoy watching cards play out on PC compared to my TV, and I'd forgotten how simultaneously great/annoying the RNG can be at times. I ran an Ibushi/Keith Lee (c) non-title main event on a random card that went to 35 minutes and a perfect evaluation. The next month I did the same match for the title and Kota just knee'd Keith's face in within 10 minutes to take it from him and it was just kind of disappointing in spite of the "whaaaat" factor.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Invites are risky because if the guy doesn't show, you can't rebook, that match just gets dropped and fewer people show up. You can do it but like one per show. (However invites can be good for improving someone's interest in your company, if you want hire them later.)

Keep in mind if this happens you can just exit and reload a save. The flake isn't set in stone

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm going through Fighting Road because the only wrestler that can't disappoint me is myself and while it can be hokey a lot of the time I lol'd hard at the CAW being loud in the locker room only for SANADA to just come back in and stare at him.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Reminder: there is infinite Random Fire Pro World Matches here https://twitch.tv/saltysuplex https://www.twitch.tv/saltysuplex

What the fuuuuuuuuck

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Dakota Kai, Shayna Baszler, Mia Yim and Jessamyn Duke were playing Grounded, a new Early Access game where you roam around the backyard while ant-sized

Needless to say it went well (don't have the audio up high) https://streamable.com/jisqzi

Ah good, the horror of SimAnt returns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Poor Shingo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fire Pro will never have any business putting on the bangers it does

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Testekill posted:

The big red loving idiot

I can't stop laughing at that poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i will nth it, this is torture lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GOD DAMNIT

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

terry funk is just a skeleton by the time this gets to his match

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this is the most cursed loving tournament

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

karmicknight posted:

RE: nL Kingiest of the Ringiest.

Holy poo poo was the SVR 08 king of ring tournament really loving bad from a technical perspective.

But what a masterclass in psychology!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

oh my loving god

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Fire pro is great. My favorite part is building characters and their AI and watch them interact with the rest of my roster.

Being able to have someone like, say, Bret Hart target the leg in the first two acts of the match before busting out the sharpshooter just makes the matxhes so much more interesting, especially when the AI goes a little off script.

Compare that to 2k where there's no rhyme or reason to what moves are used and when.

Yeah I got bored and played 2k19 for a little while in December/Early January and it kinda hit me a little bit in as I adjusted CAW movesets that in 2K, at least when it comes to sims, you...really aren't building a wrestler to the same extent you are in Fire Pro, which is wild because you have so many goddamn move slots to fill in the former. Yes the core of it is assigning a bunch of moves you want but as you said, in Fire Pro you're also essentially building a match structure for them (and then setting how much they can deviate from it) and a character of sorts that will be expressed through it. Obviously in 2k if you're actually playing then you can do that kind of buildup yourself, if you want to, but there's just something a bit more neat about the game still doing it even if you never touch a controller.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

drat I'm real pissed that the case for this game I'm not buying a physical copy of is ugly

probably gonna have an ugly-rear end tile on playstation as well

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

Honestly wasn't expecting community creations especially if they have to build a cross-platform system from scratch.

It should be considered a standard feature lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

poor tony, cant compete with spike chunsoft

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They have a community creations component for what its worth.

That's actually really big, what form is it taking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's one of those things where matches basically being the length of a fighting game set just sort of defeats the purpose of it being a wrestling game, imho