Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Happy Happyist posted:

... dang, Supercard is WAY more fun than it has any right to be.

Training Summer Rae to be a murder machine is fun!!

edit: She just got beaten by Eva Marie. whut

Having a good Diva pretty much is a guaranteed match win right now (my currebnt record is 49-1) as far as I can tell. Combined with smart playing of a boost card and it seems pretty easy to get 2-1 if not a 3-0 result.

King of the Ring seems like it takes way too long and takes too many cards out of your pool I'm not sure I'll compete again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

What's up with the special abilities on the cards? They just kind of seem to get activated randomly and I have no idea what's going on there.

Even if you don't see the animation or the number turning yellow, the stat boost still counts. :eng101:

Over 100 matches now with only three losses. There are a few people with a really low number of matches played with some good/leveled cards. Likely just the database not updating constantly, but it could also be a sign of money being spent.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Please End, King of the Ring mode.

If they added pay to give all your guys energy or something to make KoR less painful, they might make some money. Pay to leave KoR?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I feel like I'm going to the next tier of cards without ever getting a second Super Rare, my luck sucks.

Or does it? Because somehow I'm tied for First in King of the Ring, even though I have no idea what's going on in it.

The good news is if you're the only one paying attention and feeding your team energy cards you should be able to sweep a lot of matches.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Uncommon Summer Rae is amazing in terms of stats against other Divas.

If your W/L record is important to you, don't level your guys and just replace them with higher stat spread guys. Once I started levelling my non-Diva cards I started getting much rougher matchups for sure.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Of course that's balanced by not levelling limitng the potential prize payouts by keeping you in a lower seeding.

Eh, with one Super Rare (Kane), three Rares and UC Summer Rae I was doing just fine in the blue belt prize tier. I should have sat there collecting more Rares and Ultra Rares before levelling my guys.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Pro versions of cards seem to take up half the 'pokedex' and my completionism is itching - anyone done the math on how much of a hit xp takes if you smash doubles together before feeding them to your rares?

Do they give less xp? I'm like 12 pro cards away from completing the Common pokedex due to not feeding cards away unless im sure I already had the pro version.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

You call that a Mr. McMahon? I'll show you a Mr. McMahon!

A reminder to train before you combine.

When you make him pro, take picture when he gets to 15 so we can compare the difference!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Turns out commons are worth 21xp and pro commons 45, so think the rule is always combine before you feed your trash cards to your team

Thanks for figuring that out definitively.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sockser posted:

Rolled with a rare Natalya for three rounds before scoring a super rare AJ. My diva is unstoppable.

I got about +9 to all stats with my UC Summer Rae fusing two together at max level. I haven't maxed out the pro card yet because I got a second Rare Rock and want to max that out first, but so far I haven't had any empty levels or anything suggesting that those stat boosts for going pro at max level wasn't worth it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Another Person posted:

What determines how special abilities activate? It just seems random, which is a bummer.

Special abilties always count, even if they don't do the animations, as far as I have observed. Tag team powerups require the same color, opposite facing symbols to get the bonus. Same symbols provide no bonus and different colors gives you a debuff to all stats.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Here you go!

That's certainly a marked difference!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mister E posted:

Those seem like they're okay if you absolutely MUST WIN a round, but to me I'd rather just use Manager in the first round since that will boost all your cards for two stats for the duration of the battle.

Eh, I much rather the other setup, though the only manager I had was the +3 uncommon one, so maybe the rarer ones are better?

Currently I'm at a 250-17, though, fallen from 200-10 earlier.
All I need is one more common Ryback and one Dean Ambrose to finish the Common Pokesex!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate you fuckers for talking about this game and making me get it.

I can't stop playing. I need to get more cards.

The good news is-- you're not spending money!

Yet? Maybe? :ohdear:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

It secretly charges you $9.99 for every match, you'll get the bill after 6 months. That's the real reason why there's no cooldown timer!

:negative:

So, the King of the Ring (I'm tied for first at 24-4 right now, only 22 more hours/matches to go!) is maybe a place where they're expecting to get money? So your wrestlers stay juiced up and all? The rewards aren't really worth it, though, and it seems like straight grinding exhibition matches win or lose is still a better use of time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This is hilarious.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

These technical difficulties provide a nice relaxing breath from laughing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'm dying of laughing here, the Big rear end team is breaking up over Chicken Necks on the first show.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lights go down, phones go up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sockser posted:

I'm up to 350 / 20. Someone please help me I can't stop.

300/20. You're doing better than I.

As soon as my KotR finishes later today, I'm going to give Supercard a rest. And then just pick up exhibition mode when I need to waste some time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The KOTR thing sucks. I wish I hadn't started one.

If someone makes a separate thread for the game, this should be the title.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

I am become farts, destroyer of worlds.

Not pro + max level.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Has anyone found any Mick Foley cards because if they put Adam Rose and John Studd in this game and left out Foley I'll be quite mad indeed.

You can see all the names of cards in the game in the gallery thing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I play on Android and don't have that issue. What device/Android version are you running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Looking at the specifications, I don't see anything that jumps out as a reason why you would see that kind of behavior. My best guess at the moment would probably be something like the device reporting the wrong screensize to the program, not taking into account those soft keys.