Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Like if you don't see a pretty big difference i don't know what to say

there's a lot you can knock the new generation version for, but i don't think character models are it really

even if they're not perfect, they're a huge improvement

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Evil Canadian posted:

I am pretty sure that list is full of poo poo?

I mean, like here is a 1v1 ladder match right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO15Zx7SIM

*ed*

and here is triple threat extreme rules match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pznrs2n2iLU

That's a TLC. Basically the same thing though.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 16, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's unfortunate because some of the new stuff is pretty cool

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hmm..

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Reviews for PS4/XB1 (excuse the marketing terms) hit at midnight tonight.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

BRIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE MOOOOODDEEEEEE

FTFY

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LoboLoboLobo posted:

East Coast or West coast?

EST, so 9PM Pacific.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rusev was unlocked from the start for me. Weird.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Tried and failed against Bo Dallas, Rusev, and Corey Graves. Failed. Regal puts me against Sami Zayn. I practically squashed him.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey, My Career is pretty darn accurate. I keep having great matches on Superstars and Vicki keeps telling me creative has nothing for me.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

slightly off-topic but i'm watching the 2k15 quick look and as much as i love jeff gerstmann he has some terrible wrestling opinions

It makes it very hard to listen to podcasts like Powerbombcast. A lot of them have horrible opinions and their fantasy booking ideas often rival the WWE thread on the scale of horrible ideas.

Reminds me of David Shoemaker constantly suggesting that Hulk Hogan be a central character on Raw in 2014 when I listened to Cheap Heat a few months ago.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I've beaten the likes of Rusev and Lesnar with my 73 CAW

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

That's one thing that really bums me out about TEW. I wish it was something where there is a X% chance of getting someone really over quickly by putting them in a program with a main event guy.

Yeah, I wish it did that. All it does is drag down the main eventer. It's hard to elevate people and takes good, consistent booking to do it. I know, I know, just like in real life.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The EA UFC game is $13 on Xbox One right now. Is it worth it?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Looking back on it, a lot of people seemed to be outraged that Career mode in 2K15 is too short. That's bullshit. I'm only halfway through the Smackdown tier and I am basically sick of it. I've probably put 10 hours into it.

The mode should be renamed "Dolph Ziggler's Career" mode because that's what it is. Wrestle John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton over and over and over and over and over and over and get loving nowhere, even if you beat them. I don't know what happens when you get to Raw but this is a bit ridiculous.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 1, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

pressedbunny posted:

People are calling it short because it basically ends once you get the title.

And that doesn't make it short. The lead up to getting the title takes a ton of time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Finally finished MyCareer in 2K15. It seemingly went on forever and I finally got a shot at the WWE Title.

Cena teases a heel turn at the end but then pulls a "Oh I actually respect you" right before you win the title from him.

Then I wrestled a final match where I "passed the torch" to the next guy who was some dork in a neon orange outfit. I beat him in my final match. Geek.

Then you get some message from Triple H about how you're one of the greatest of all time.

I'm just glad you can export the guy. I maxed out all of his stats and had a 6 year career before winning the WWE title.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Yardbomb posted:

I do not have a PS4 or Xbone and I'm not keen on buying either any time soon, so 2K kinda blew my sale on 2K15 by stripping career mode.

What I'm asking is, what's another good rasslin game with a well done career mode? (On PS3)

Here's the thing, the career mode in 2K15 (current gen) is actually the best once since SDvsRAW '07, which had the season mode that we came to expect at the time.

Starting with '08, the first one available on PS3, they started screwing with the career mode and it hasn't been as good since. That said, starting with SDvsRAW '09, they added the "Road To Wrestlemania" modes which were good and lots of fun, but short. '09 also had a Career mode, but it's much lamer than 2K15's. No stories, no cutscenes, no drama, just play matches and win titles. Not very fun at all.

The later games on PS3 kind of focus on Universe Mode as the central part, so you really don't have any options for a meaty career mode. Universe mode is kind of a hybrid of the '09 Career mode and the old GM mode. The problem is that it's a master of neither. WWE '13's Attitude Era mode is awesome, and I liked 2K14's 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode too. Go with which one of these heavily scripted modes you'd think you'd like best. I remember hating WWE '12's mode just because it was too scripted, to the point you'd almost never finish matches. It was infuriating.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 6, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Basically what I'm saying is WWF SmackDown! 2 might be your best option for a career mode on PS3.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I can't even remember a WWE game past HCTP with a career mode that wasn't brutally repetitive and/or filled with poo poo like "win 5 handicap matches!"

Up until '08, I recall that the season modes at least had substance and storylines. They're all going to get repetitive at some point but they still tried.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They released a patch for WWE 2K15

quote:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One – Patch 1.02 Highlights

TOTAL NUMBER OF PATCH UPDATES: 190+; improvements include the following items:

MAJOR FIXES

Fixed issues that could affect a player’s save data and downloadable content
Fixed an issue that could impede progress in MyCAREER
Addressed several issues related to downloadable content presentation and intercompatibility
ONLINE MATCHES

Custom Superstar names now properly display on the loading screen of a Ranked Online match
Addressed an issue affect COM selection in Online Private Matches
GAMEPLAY & USER INTERFACE

Improved gameplay presentation related to the performance of certain moves.
Improved AI behavior in Tag Team and Royal Rumble matches
Springboard attacks against grounded opponents who are reacting or recovering will now animate more naturally.
Players are now able to use Tag Team Finishers properly with a custom-created tag team.
Comebacks should now be easier to perform
Clarified numerous message prompts to offer more useful information to the player
Addressed inconsistencies in text presentation in WWE Universe mode
Addressed scrolling issues for selecting Divas in the Superstar selection screen
Addressed a menu flow issue in Community Creations
CREATION SUITE

Addressed several issues related to downloadable content presentation and intercompatibility
Addressed a number of display issues when editing in WWE Creations
VISUAL PRESENTATION

Reduced the occurrences of visual distortions that can occur during entrances featuring characters with long hair
Characters who wear hats during entrances will no longer have two hats if you assign a hat in an alternate attire.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sanguinia posted:

Another TEW question: if there any benefit to having a lot of road agents? I know having two referees is smart because if one gets in a car crash or something you can get really screwed over by not having someone who can do the job, but I don't know if having several road agents has any similar upsides, or if that answer changes based on the size of your fed for that matter.

Have a few at least. Some are better at putting certain types of matches together, and it's good to have some variety in the matches as well.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

WWE and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are creating WWE Immortals, a free-to-play mobile game that will feature epic Superstar battles in a fantastically re-imagined WWE world. WWE Immortals is being developed by NetherRealm Studios, the creators of the best-selling Mortal Kombat franchise and Injustice: Gods Among Us, in conjunction with Phosphor Game Studios, and will be available worldwide on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices in 2015.

So, Wrestlemania The Arcade Game 2015?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Finally

WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 14, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
At least they animated the Diamond Cutter correctly

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I like that you can push dpad up and she screams

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

sup. legit no clue for iOS

Home and Sleep button at same time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

simosimo posted:

2K15 is a good buy as long as you're happy with it being a periodical game. You play it once a week maybe and get your fill, and that's that til the next game. Sort of like WWE Programming, if you expose yourself to it too much you get sick of it.

I do hope they get rid of the objective based crap in the 'featured modes' though; the second time now I've 'done wrong' on something. I believe it was the HBK elimination chamber match where you have to elbow Triple H with your signature from the pod. I did that but HHH reversed and I lost. Time to do the 6man elimination again, from the beginning!

Yeah, not touching that mode for a long time.

Could be like my problem where I'd do the elbow drop off of the chamber and it wouldn't count time and time again.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

simosimo posted:

Oh god. Well at least it's not a limited window of use-move so you don't have to wait for slow animations/being reversed before traversing the pod and hoping HHH is still floored.

Yes but at that point, HHH becomes practically invincible and keeps trying to hit pedigrees and reverses everything. Plus, you have to charge up another signature if you hit him too much and you have to knock him down to set it up. UGGHHH.

The key is to only ever try it off the back right pod. It just doesn't register otherwise.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Niwrad posted:

MITB is a nice touch.

Why is HHH so prominent on the machine?

The game the king of kings the asskicker

Its triple h do you have to ask

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

projecthalaxy posted:

Doesn't Immortals come out Tuesday?

Thursday.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

IcePhoenix posted:

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to input commands, I guess

It's not a traditional fighting game. It's going to be like the Injustice mobile game, which plays like this:

quote:

Injustice iOS is mostly a button mashing affair, tasking you with tapping for basic combos, swiping for heavy hits, and completing various maneuvers to power up your super abilities (like tapping when a line hits a moving line hits a certain point on the screen, or rapidly swiping a certain direction).

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE Immortals is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT