Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
lol

lol

lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
This has been a shiter of a season but what a loving ending. Almost worth it to finish down there just to do they cunts. Hibs 1st St. Mirren 2nd and winning the playoff next season and keep the spfl hun free for one more year?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Scotlander posted:

This has been a shiter of a season but what a loving ending. Almost worth it to finish down there just to do they cunts. Hibs 1st St. Mirren 2nd and winning the playoff next season and keep the spfl hun free for one more year?

Hibs are gay lovely frauds

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
What a great season.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

DrWrestling69 posted:

Then why are the Celtic fans still posting?

:goonsay:

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Grievo posted:

What a great season.

It wasnt

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

Remember how all the Irish celtic fans have been saying Rangers would no longer exist any day now for about 2 years now

Didn't you hear, they died

These are THE Rangers

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Can I do the new thread for this coming season please :shobon:

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

duckmaster posted:

Can I do the new thread for this coming season please :shobon:

I thought tradition was wait until the next season was already under way and then throw something out in a tasteless, rushed manner? What's a please?

Favourite moments of 2014/15?

The cosmic joke of Celtic's Champions League qualification saga still makes me laugh, will be hard to beat. Ex-oldco manager ignoring the rules and landing his team in the poo poo, pointlessly - and the nice meltdown of Legia Warsaw - who threw everything from failed hashtag twitter pleads to mass printed T-shirt campaigns at anyone who would listen until Celtic done went and hosed up their chance to have their top tiers open weekdays. It was around then I believe Warsaw became a central hub of mass human sacrifice in order to placade the hate and get Celtic drawn in the Europa League so's Legia could trounce Celtic a third and fourth time and do it without fielding any illegal players. Maybe next time, lads!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Reminder that "Celtic" got rodded by Maribor, a tiny Slovenian village without even a McDonalds

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Reminder that "Celtic" got rodded by Maribor, a tiny Slovenian village without even a McDonalds

Who went on to take points off Sporting Lisbon, Schalke and Chelsea in the group stages - but hey - I guess you'll take any highlights you can get. :)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

BisonDollah posted:

Who went on to take points off Sporting Lisbon, Schalke and Chelsea in the group stages - but hey - I guess you'll take any highlights you can get. :)

Does this make you feel any better?

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

St Johnstone have taken 5 points off Celtic in the past year and we only just got a Subway.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Does this make you feel any better?

I think the whole thing would have been funnier if Maribor got tanked 5-0 every game they played, is all. Stop riding on the coat-tales of my favourite thing of the season fuckface.

Ramagamma posted:

St Johnstone have taken 5 points off Celtic in the past year and we only just got a Subway.

:bahgawd:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Perth doesn'ay even have a Nando's and we've still pumped Dundee/Dundee United for the past 2 years.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
SFA have still not restructured the SPL yet which I find surprising. Figured they would've did that the second Rangers lost

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

SFA have still not restructured the SPL yet which I find surprising. Figured they would've did that the second Rangers lost

They wrote a clause in when they did the most recent changes that the approval of every club in Scotland would be needed for any further changes in the the next x years.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Ramagamma posted:

Perth doesn'ay even have a Nando's and we've still pumped Dundee/Dundee United for the past 2 years.

who needs nando's when you got rancho pancho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33061483

This is good

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

We have had that in the Allianz Arena since this season, it's a cool and good system.
But credit where it's due, this was introduced in Stuttgart.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33028189

Better.

Scottish Fitbaw 2015/16: It's Always Sunny in SPFLia

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

It is good. Wish more teams would introduce it

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Summer season would be great.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

BisonDollah posted:

Good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33028189

Better.

Scottish Fitbaw 2015/16: It's Always Sunny in SPFLia

quote:

Potential for more lucrative TV deals
LOL

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

No football on non-International tournie summers = TV viewers (or "on demand" viewers, whatever). Simple enough idea.

Think it's a brilliant idea and the big winners would be the fans - fully expect the status quo to remain, however, as reading between the lines it looks like Celtic would veto it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Has 720p even made it to that godforsaken place yet?

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
There's too many problems with a Summer season to make it worth it in my mind. With the international blackout dates being what they are, we would still be playing our season into December and starting back up again end of February/beginning of March, which gives that block of time to fix/relay the pitch (hard enough to do in Summer). Also, any clubs reaching group stages/knockout rounds of Europe would have no close season at all. Don't much fancy having the Cup final in December either.

Best bet in my mind is starting the season up in July and having 3-4 weeks off in January.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Shrapnig posted:

Has 720p even made it to that godforsaken place yet?

yeah I got someone to send it up to me so i could afford a night with your mum #rektbyscotskrew

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Russ posted:

yeah I got someone to send it up to me so i could afford a night with your mum #rektbyscotskrew

I'm glad my mum could get on the :russbus:

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Shrapnig posted:

I'm glad my mum could get on the :russbus:

Your mum is grievos old av.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The main problem that nobody seems to have picked up on is that for the last few years, March and sometimes April is when seem to get our coldest weather. January and February are cold, yes but March is worse.

Which means that both options are hosed.
Play March - November and have multiple postponed fixtures at the start of the season or have a month long break in January then have lots of postponements after the players come back.

Scotland.txt

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK
Hamilton say it will open up new commercial opportunities in a time of a less competitive sports market. The trouble is that when the football season ends everyone goes "OH MY GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE" but there's plenty to tide them over. Every other year theres the Euros/WC, then you've got F1, poo poo loads of golf, the Tour D'France, Wimbledon etc. So it's not like Scottish football would be entering an untapped market with every TV station creaming themselves to get Ross County vs St Johnstone on TV; they'll be asking if that game is going to get more viewers than Andy Murray vs Some Anonymous Slovakian, and the answer is no.

Plus, friendlies: when do we play them? Quite a few clubs have links with smaller clubs and agree to hold a friendly every year or other year or whatever, basically to keep that smaller club afloat. Aberdeen basically do the rounds of the Highland League clubs in the region, which is good for the fans and is useful to get triallists a game or two to see how they play with 2k+ people watching them. If we're playing through the summer then those games have to happen in January, and I'm not sure how many Highland League clubs have undersoil heating (I'd take a guess at zero). Plus testimonials have to be played then as well: Aberdeen have had Manchester United (twice!), Villarreal, FC Twente and Everton up in the last 5-10 years, would any of them have come up two days after Christmas?

Plus we'll also have hilarious issues with the summer transfer window. Overall it's a crap idea.

edit: VVVV you could even play football :aaaaa:

duckmaster fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 11, 2015

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

duckmaster posted:

when the football season ends everyone goes "OH MY GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE" but there's plenty to tide them over. Every other year theres the Euros/WC, then you've got F1, poo poo loads of golf, the Tour D'France, Wimbledon etc.

Yeah, or you could go outside.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
As much as I love the idea of watching football in the summer and relaxing in the Pittodrie sun it's probably too complicated. Oh well.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Good news for the sheep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33112310

quote:

Aberdeen: Derek McInnes agrees two-year extension at Pittodrie

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is targeting further silverware after he and assistant Tony Docherty agreed contract extensions.
The pair, who led the Dons to Scottish Cup success in 2014, have signed deals until 2019.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Mark Warburton is the new Rangers manager, good appointment that.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Warburton's the right man for the roll, since he's born and bread for success, and you might even say he has the same name as a baked goods manufacturer known nationwide.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Russ posted:

Warburton's the right man for the roll, since he's born and bread for success, and you might even say he has the same name as a baked goods manufacturer known nationwide.

Nice bit of English crumpet IMO

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
From next season Rangers will be known as The Buns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK
Warburton won't be able to rise to the occasion, his transfer policy is on a knead to know basis, his training is half baked, and Rangers are a scones throw from being toast.

HJB posted:

From next season Rangers will be known as The Buns

lol I think you mean the puns

• Locked thread