Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i made pizza on the grill for my little brother and sisters and family because i am an incredibly great son and brother

half black forest ham half roma tomato, ricotta and fresh basil. also a pepperoni pizza but they ate it rly quick. turns out that making pizza on the grill owns because that motherfucker can hit like a million degrees and the pizza cooks up crispy and beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i tihnk i made a total of six pizzas tonight and every time i'd put one down my family would descend on it like loving vultures

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
heres an illustrative video of my younger brothers/sisters eating a pizza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwVogZQtjI4&t=19s

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
about to make a can of Dennison's Chunky Chili. lot of ways to prep this dish but i'm going with heating it in a saucepan; love that lonely sound of the spoon scraping against the bottom of the pan

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i think the worst part about being a cook as a job is that instead of going home and cooking good meals you go home and make the easiest thing you can think of. for example the other day i had for dinner some bread

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
someone on fb posted this cool recipe and i made it. she basically shared it because some people were talking poo poo about kale, i think? i'm calling it "in defense of kale" and the idea is that you can chop kale up ultra small and slowly add it to a sauce and it will dissolve and make your sauce cool and colorful and herby. the sauce comes out really thick, you'll probably think "this is too thick" but trust me you're wrong. also this recipe is pretty cheap

ingredients
1lb uncased sausage (or you can chop up cased sausages, try to remove the skins)
1 big yellow onion
1 small red onion
about ten oz of kale leaves (maybe like 1 bag) (take out the ribs)
mushrooms (use your judgment)
parsley (i don't care however much you want it's parsley)
garlic
tomato puree
1 lemon (for juice)
thyme
lovely white wine
1lb pasta that can handle a nice thick sauce (rotini)
salt and pepper

mise en place: brunoise yellow onion (chop into tiny tiny pieces), thinly slice red onion, mince 2 cloves garlic (original recipe called for 1 clove but gently caress that), chop up mushrooms, chiffonade whole bag of kale (cut it into tiny ribbons) and then turn the ribbons 90 degrees and cut it into confetti (not a technical term)

1. throw your sausage into a big pan and cook it, chopping it into bits w your spatula, on med hi heat

2. once the sausage has cooked some and a fair amount of fat has built up in the pan, add the onions and garlic. if you feel like there's not enough fat in the pan add maybe 2-3 tsp of olive oil. throw some salt on there. add a few tsp of thyme. (recipe called for fresh but i used dried, so sue me)

3. keep stirring for a bit then let it sit. once poo poo starts sticking to the pan, add a little of your awful wine to deglaze. add some tomato puree and your lemon juice.

4. ok now you basically want your sauce to be just cooking. add a handful of kale, let it cook into nothingness, then add another handful. you don't have to be real scientific about this or anything. i was at medium heat, maybe med-hi, just adding kale by increasingly large handfuls as i got bored. essentially what is gonna happen here is that the kale is going to break down, like it's melting in the fat from the sausage and water from the onions. the kale is the real body of the sauce, the tomato puree and wine are just there to keep things fluid. add a handful of parsley if you're into that. if stuff sticks to the bottom of the pan, add a little more lovely wine. once you've thrown in all your kale, add some pepper to the whole thing, then turn it down to a simmer and cover it.

5. now get your water boiling and make your pasta, which is enough time for the sauce to simmer and the onions to caramelize and for everything to get all smooth and pleasant. i used rotini because i think rotini is a versatile and underrated pasta. if, by the time it's done, you really feel like your sauce is too thick, you can add a half cup of pasta water to the sauce to thin it. (i did)

6. put the pasta into the pan and toss it all together, realizing as you go that no, the sauce wasn't too thick, it just seemed that way at first.

that's my hand in the photo, no it's not a trick of photography i'm just naturally blurry

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
hellll yeah those look bomb

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
hey can one of you guys help me

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/04/chorizo-chicken-jambalaya/

ive never made jambalaya before and it seems like this recipe is just asking me to throw dry, uncooked rice into a hot pan? then you add a bunch of chicken broth and stuff so it doesn't seem too weird but i've never heard of doing that before. is this on the level

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i mean if it works it seems like it would be badass

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
that sounds like a terrific cost saving measure

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
cool thank you. i'll mail you some jambalaya

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
im basically just letting the jambalaya simmer at this point but guess what every step of the process has looked loving amazing

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Security Drone posted:

did you take photos

honestly since it's a bunch of brown stuff in a single pot pictures wouldn't have really come out but here's a picture of the finished stuff on an ugly plate

i've never made jambalaya before so i don't know if it's good jambalaya but it's DEFINITELY good food, just the most awesome rib sticking delicious slop. i wish it had some heat to it, i'll throw in some peppers next time

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i put that sprig of parsley on the bread, took a picture, and then immediately threw the parsley away

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
i made pepper jack stuffed sliders w butternut squash puree and cucumber for my birthday, but i got too drunk before cooking the sliders so they came out way overcooked lol. i seared them in a cast iron pan and cooked them in the oven at 450 because i was making a lot of them, i meant to leave them for like five minutes but it ended up being much longer oops.

making stuffed sliders is super easy, you just roll your tiny burgers up into little balls the size of the inside of your hands. then push your thumb into them and throw in a block of cheese roughly 1/2 inch to a side. then press em down and make em as flat as you can, sear them in a pan, and cook them in a 450F oven for five minutes or so. this is how you make a lot of stuffed sliders in a short amount of time.

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
cooking food is cool

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Blue Couch

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
today i ate a half pound of bacon and a gallon of miller high life the champagne of beers. pm me for recipe