Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

food photography is hard. it looks delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

poverty goat posted:

I got this ham

devious dawg

ty manifisto

alnilam

About to throw some sour boiz in the oven

Considering whether i should take the backstrap out of the brine now and rub it w salt and herbs, or wait to rub it until cook time. I should rub it now and put it back in the fridge shouldn't i

alnilam

I'm gonna rub it here i go rubbin

alnilam

lookin good

I just took out and fed le starter, going to make some dough tonight :toot:

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

i love that your little dog somehow makes into all the pictures

alnilam

poverty goat posted:

also, I cut some peppers earlier, and now there is capsaicin in my eye

the ol spicy eyeball... I get it almost every drat time i handle hot peps

alnilam

Alwaysy love a good nut milk bag story with a happy ending

alnilam

yeah seriously when i saw it was six hundred and sixty i was like ".....and?"

alnilam

did your dog look @ it

ty manifisto

alnilam

I've been baking beautiful loaf children and they are impossible to photograph well so you'll have to take my word 4or it tia

alnilam

PIC i wish you the best i am extremely a one trick pony on the sdough breb but i do the trick well so i can't give good advice on most things

alnilam

Stupid milling is my favorite kind

alnilam

Hunting goose is surprisingly hard. You think it's easy cause city/park geese literally come up and attack you, but out where hunting is allowed they are surprisingly hard to find, and wary of people.

alnilam

This weekend we made the traditional food of my wife's people - Cincinnati style chili. If oyu've never had this before, it has a lot of regular chili spices with some substantial secret ingredients like cocoa and cinnamon and anise (apparently it's loosely based on uh pastitsio i think). Also it's fairly thin in consistency and served atop mac with a mountain of cheddar cheese on top and other things that you put on top too.

Their ancestral word for "ingredients" is "ways" so we had 5 "ways" on our chili.

The way of the onion.
The way of the bean.
The way of the cheese.
The way of the chili.
The way of the pasta.

The last 2 are kind of funny to me because they are the base of the meal itself, so I guess if you had 0-way chili it would be an empty bowl which sort of makes sense. I guess.

anyway we made it with ground venison and used good cheese on top and it was v good thanks for reading

ty manifisto

alnilam

they look good! hey did you *asks a bunch of detailed questions*

Manifisto: none of your beeswax

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

what is the dixie cup on the wall for?

not much, what is the dixie cup on the wall for with you?

ty manifisto

alnilam

I assumed the drill was in the shot to give that "oh this? i just installed this seconds ago, nbd" look

alnilam

Preserved lemon
Presemon
Persemon
Persimmon
:tinfoil:

alnilam

Mixed greens and poached eggs from my back yard, sdough breb i made, v good brek

ty manifisto

alnilam

I wrote that post this morning and my phone died but the draft was still saved hallelujah

ty manifisto

alnilam

I usually feel the same way the only exception is when i have too many lettuces out back and decide to do the Breakfast Salad. Feels too weird to put a fried egg on lettuce. idk why poached feels better in that context but it does.

alnilam

Have you tried the good poo poo

alnilam

Lettuce greens are one of the easiest low commitment things to grow, get a seed mix called "mesclun mix" and sprinkle it on somw fukken dirt and that's about all it takes, eat them as babies and let their younger brethren bathe in the light left by those who came before them before they meet a similar fate

alnilam

Mesclun is like mustard greens, butter lettuce, endives, arug, chervil

anyway you don't gotta like it spinach is great too! I just wanted to offer a suggestion of something to try

alnilam

As a kid I always thought lettuce was so boring and bad bc my dad thought anything other than iceberg was terrible. I've really enjoyed discovering the world of good salad greens.

alnilam

alnilam

I strongly agree that salads don't require leaves

i also suspect that what you call "spring mix leaves" is more or less what i call a "good lettuce mix"

alnilam

I may be factually wrong bc i am an idjit for sure but i generally consider lettuce as a category of small leafy plants that are eaten raw and aren't herbs

hell even baby spinach is a lettuce of sorts, to me

sorry if I'm dumn

alnilam

Lettuce is like, a g-g-ghost, scoob

alnilam

read the title :prepop:

alnilam

ty manifisto

alnilam

This post brought to you by the Fennel Growers Council

alnilam

Roasted bets are extremely good do NOT be deceived by salad bar tier pickled beets from a can :barf:

alnilam

Make a the pesto then can it or fer3ze in ice cubes, we usually do the latter :effort: it works really well

alnilam

Not much wat's cookin with you

alnilam

Nice ppies.... for me to chew on!!!

alnilam

They are good and also loud

alnilam

garlic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Oh man the local Chinese grocery (well one of them) makes their own tofu in house and sells a roughly 5x5x2" block for a quarter and it's so much better then packaged stuff you get at a supermarket for $4

ty manifisto