Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
gun kinesthetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
gonna cross-post this sick post from the Ultimate Video Games Weapons thread:

Gimbal lock posted:

Can't let the first page close without the cerebral bore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CaiXVbFZXI

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I need to know how they made the sound for the cerebral bore.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
rage wars is my favorite game in the series

evolution is a fascinating look into how not to program your game, snipers regularly run off cliffs to melee you and you can climb walls in a manner that would make a bethesda programmer scoff

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ok see its a missile launcher that targets heads and has a really long death animation

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

i mean how is that fun to use, sounds like you fire it three times and then just go back to your shotgun because its faster

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Great Joe posted:

i mean how is that fun to use, sounds like you fire it three times and then just go back to your shotgun because its faster

That makes it quite possibly the greatest weapon to piss off your friends with in multiplayer. Their anger knows no bounds. (That's why it's called "Rage Wars").

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

no i'm turok

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

i have a lot of nostalgia for turok but i know it hasnt aged well with its poo poo fps and z axis fog

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Great Joe posted:

1: can't switch out your weapon while it's in the air or it explodes

2: it takes a long time to hit the target.

So it's a weapon that insta kills 1 enemy but forces you to not shoot until it's done.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

So it's even less useful than I thought.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Great Joe posted:

So it's even less useful than I thought.

youre a cerebral bore

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also, did anyone ever play the GameBoy Turok's? I love Turok, but some of them look pretty poo poo:

Turok: Evolution on GBA is pretty good, though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Tek Bow
Sniper capabilities enabled

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Flannelette posted:

Oh that's right turok 2 had a lives system, weird choice but excuse to put little floating guidance "coins" all over the levels.
there was a nintendo power contest where the winner had his face planted all over them if you put in a cheat code

surc
Aug 17, 2004

First post had the image from the Turok 64 kart, voted 5.

Also I hated Turok at first then later I played through it in a dry spell one time and it was pretty ok and had some nifty ideas, and I enjoyed the old Valiant comics.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

growing up i wasn't allowed to play gory video games, but for some reason my parents made an exception for turok

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

growing up i wasn't allowed to play gory video games, but for some reason my parents made an exception for turok

Because they recognize quality gaming.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
dinosaur hunter is probably the best gameplay of the series, but man 2 pretty much has the best animated enemy deaths ever

3 was also really visually impressive for the time but it was weird

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i cheated in 2 to get to the final stage and holy gently caress how are you supposed to beat the boss legit

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

there was a nintendo power contest where the winner had his face planted all over them if you put in a cheat code

I thought that has one of the devs baby.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i cheated in 2 to get to the final stage and holy gently caress how are you supposed to beat the boss legit

At that point you're supposed to be good at the game, it's not a very hard boss.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Flannelette posted:

At that point you're supposed to be good at the game, it's not a very hard boss.

he had a lot of hit points man it was scary

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
only bad thing with the final boss in 2 that i remember is that you have to aim at specific body parts like his antennas when they glowed which was kind of a pain since n64 fps controls suck rear end

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my friends and I hung out late at night smoking weed and staying up on school nights and playing turok64 with the cheat where everything is in slow motion and flashing lights and it was a real good use of our time

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

the draw distance in turok was revolutionary

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

my friends and I hung out late at night smoking weed and staying up on school nights and playing turok64 with the cheat where everything is in slow motion and flashing lights and it was a real good use of our time

Using the nuke on everything was pretty loving rad. especially when you used it to hunt wild game, like deers, boars, and monkeys. Need those sweet, sweet +2 health packs, y'all

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
rage wars has the best weapon set in the series + is a fun as hell game in multiplayer

inflator was a one shot kill if you charged it, so was the emancipator, and both looked cool

you could play as a raptor or a swarm of mites and both had campaign modes

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
I unironically liked the Turok reboot. Shame it's never going to get a sequel b/c the concept art was hella cool

:hellyeah:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ppl always talk about the bore but the tek bow was a really satisfying weapon. gears of war ripped it off and it felt great there too. somethin about that delayed explosion + gibs is really good and nice

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lewie posted:

I unironically liked the Turok reboot. Shame it's never going to get a sequel b/c the concept art was hella cool

:hellyeah:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

This is the first thing I thought of... I wonder if it had anything to do with Turok?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
South park ran on the turok engine and had a control scheme called To-Rock or something like that well that's my story thanks

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
fuckin turok man. replayin Dinosaur Hunter and drat are the levels confusing. i remember just skipping things with cheat codes so i could have the nuke gun on level 1. playin it legitis kinda messed up. turok 2's stillawesome, though

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i hope they make another turok game, but not like the one that was released on the ps3 and 360 that had nothing to do with the comic books. i would like to see more great storylines from the comics see the light of day again through video games. like that time turok and andar went to jail:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Blind Sally posted:

i hope they make another turok game, but not like the one that was released on the ps3 and 360 that had nothing to do with the comic books. i would like to see more great storylines from the comics see the light of day again through video games. like that time turok and andar went to jail:

i own this and a whole host of other turok comics and i was really confused when they rebooted it when valiant was bought out

valiant comics were rebooted recently but they don't have the turok ip anymore

lots of people make fun of turok 2 and say how bad it was but i thought it was decent for th etime

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
who the gently caress says 2 was a bad turok when 3, evolution and the reboot exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
goddamn turok and turok 2 own bones

best console FPS controller layout ever

• Locked thread