Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puffins
Apr 29, 2009
I would also be interesting in hearing people with experience perspectives on social work since I just got accepted and will begin the first of my four years at university next week here in Sweden. Another question for me that pops up is how this type of work differs across national borders and especially how the profession is viewed by everyone else in different countries? Also how is the education and workforce split up genderwise? Here it's very much a field dominated by women.

Here in Sweden for example people tend to either be pretty belligerant about socialworkers or just "meh", the hostility probably stems from socialworkers being in "control" of whetever social security will be paid or not in case of emergencies, as well as "taking kids" stuck in bad situations. People with little or no need for the financial help tend to not have an opinion or a small bit of pity for the "messengers" of politicians sometimes insane decisions.

Still I'm really looking forward to starting, it's been a bumpy road career wise for me so far and it's going to be a fairly drastic change from telemarketing and working with taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread