Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

CaptainFuzychin posted:

Oddly enough I actually was considering one of these as well, but I had to discount it because I figured it might not be big enough to haul lumber on. That and it seems like they were made in smaller numbers; presumably as a result, they seem to demand a pretty high price tag, and I also have concerns about parts availability.

The baja is just a 00-04 outback with the back ripped off. Everything else is the same minus heavy duty springs.

It has a rear ski/lumber flap.

Standard things to watch out for are headgaskets/timing belt and all the other standard subaru thread poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The jeep comanche checks off all your boxes except MPG. But jeep comanches are really sweet.

You could also do all that stuff with a subaru wagon...

The bonus of a wagon or SUV over a truck is dry storage. You don't have to worry about someone nicking your tools out of the bed.

I have a 50lb tool bag, 20lb recovery gear bag, full size spare, etc etc and I can still fit a couch in the thing and nearly shut the door.

• Locked thread