Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

I walk in, the crimson light reflects off my face. Flexing and stretching my fingers in my favorite fingerless leather gloves, I scan over the familiar grounds of the arcade, my yard. I own this place. Name a machine and I've got a top-3 score on it.

Dig-Dug? Top score.
Pacman? Top Score.
Donkey Kong? Top-five but don't get me started on that Billy Mitchell punk. It's a touchy subject.

Gonna warm up with some Missile Command. Normally, I start with Gallaga, but some poo poo-head and his kid are hogging the machine. Their scores are pathetically low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Y'know people always say to me: "Julio, you're a real arcade pro, wanna be my time crisis partner?"

I just look at them like "Time crisis? really? I play games that take quarters, not dollars tyvm :smug:"

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
At my local arcade on the mega man game, I have both the top score and fastest run. I am also the only person who has ever played it.

tao of lmao

Though to be fair, I've been coming here for so long, I could probably play any game for free. It's possible I'm the only person keeping this place open though.

tao of lmao

Walked by a kid no older than 12 struggling to beak 100 points in ski-ball. I dropped a 285 on the lane next to him and walked away. No, I didn't give him my extra tickets.

pogi

You should bring in a 6 pack and drink it like it ain't no thang.

tao of lmao

DrSanchez posted:

You should bring in a 6 pack and drink it like it ain't no thang.

Ummm, you don't get to be as good at games as I am with alcohol or drugs. The only highs I need are scores.

tao of lmao

The thing I like about this arcade is they have a genuine Budweiser Tapper machine. If I walk into an arcade and see Root Beer Tapper, I turn around and walk right out.

Noctis Horrendae

Air Julio posted:

Ummm, you don't get to be as good at games as I am with alcohol or drugs. The only highs I need are scores.

preach it, Air Julio

alnilam

Do uncle festers elextrical thing

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Air Julio posted:

Walked by a kid no older than 12 struggling to beak 100 points in ski-ball. I dropped a 285 on the lane next to him and walked away. No, I didn't give him my extra tickets.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Air Julio is a chump who can't play through the first stage of Area 51 the dude is a liar.

FluffieDuckie

the manager of the arcade told me not to return. something about tilting the pinball machines.

but we all know it was because i was primed to beat his Ms. Pacman score

google THIS

i don't mean to brag but during my adolescent years, on two separate occasions, i had hot girls hit on me while i was playing arcade games

and i didn't let it break my concentration

tao of lmao

Jett posted:

i don't mean to brag but during my adolescent years, on two separate occasions, i had hot girls hit on me while i was playing arcade games

and i didn't let it break my concentration

this guy gets it. eye on the prize!

tao of lmao

I've held my local Mortal Kombat 2 machine for a record 5 days. After day 2 they let me take it home, but I kept bringing it back every morning and wrecking noobs.

I was finally defeated by my arch nemesis Billy Mitchell, but it was only after a horrific thumb strain took me off my game.

I'm going to murder Billy Mitchell.

saboten

T I E

tao of lmao

Billy and I go way back to the golden age of NBA Jam. We absolutely dominated everyone in our way, eventually taking our show on the road. An arcade jockeying version of the Harlem Globetrotters, we were on top of the world; rolling in money and women won through various bets. We were so good only one of us would actually play at a time.

Things were going well. Too well, apparently.

super macho dude

You'll find me at the back of the arcade, dominating the Paperboy machine, steering with just ONE hand because the other is too busy high-fiving everyone who passes by in awe of my skills.

Am I wearing official Bret Hart wrap-around shades?

What do YOU think, chump?

Pedantra

by Lowtax
if theres one thing i cant loving stand its noobs. the worst thing ever is when some complete noob pops in next to you at soul caliber or similar and you ahve to mop the floor with them and they're like "wow, you're good" and im like "lmao i know, and you suck really bad, i wish i could do some of the moves from the game on you in real life right now and send you into an epic juggle combo and utterly destroy your body for real" and then they call the cops or whatever, but its worth it cause it totally harshes a good gameflow to suddenly be playing against someone who just doesnt know poo poo about video games anyway.

i am he

Air Julio posted:

Pedantra posted:

if theres one thing i cant loving stand its noobs. the worst thing ever is when some complete noob pops in next to you at soul caliber or similar and you ahve to mop the floor with them and they're like "wow, you're good" and im like "lmao i know, and you suck really bad, i wish i could do some of the moves from the game on you in real life right now and send you into an epic juggle combo and utterly destroy your body for real" and then they call the cops or whatever, but its worth it cause it totally harshes a good gameflow to suddenly be playing against someone who just doesnt know poo poo about video games anyway.

Matoi Ryuko

Posting in an Air Julio thread. :kamina:

FartGhost

Air Julio posted:

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Posting in an Air Julio thread. :kamina:

badly though (ba-zing)

Captain No-mates

its tough being a celebrity down at the arcade, you get the high scores and then you get the women throwing themselves at you with no self respect. im in a good mood, just crushed some poser at street fighter so i decide to give them what they want. get out my sharpie and upon overflowing bosom initial the autograph theyve been waiting for: "N M 8"

Matoi Ryuko

Pedantra posted:

badly though (ba-zing)

Me? Bad posts? :cheeky:

i am he

i tend to gravitate towards the basketball shooting games nowadays. sure, i messed around on the cabinets back in my younger years looking for a good time, but im an adult now.

tao of lmao

Captain No-mates posted:

its tough being a celebrity down at the arcade, you get the high scores and then you get the women throwing themselves at you with no self respect. im in a good mood, just crushed some poser at street fighter so i decide to give them what they want. get out my sharpie and upon overflowing bosom initial the autograph theyve been waiting for: "N M 8"

FluffieDuckie

Captain No-mates posted:

GEExCEE

you know what I hate? when some kid comes up to me and is like "you've been playing the star wars game for an hour, can I have a turn?" yeah idiot I've been playing it for an hour because its the best game here. the early bird gets the worm, that's what I say.

Ace of Baes
im a pretty famous arcade player, you may know me from my signature tags, rear end, DAM, BCH, and CNT

alnilam

silent scope? more like silent nope

alnilam

wtf is with the time limits in that game
*lines up perfect shot to save president's daughter*
*clock expires, steam whistle blows*
"welp my shootin is up, union rules, i'm off the clock"
*reclines and cracks a beer right there in the helicopter*

tao of lmao

Billy and I owned the NBA Jam scene. We were the best team in the contiguous 48 and riding high everywhere we went. I don't know what got him into Donkey Kong, but he went down that rabbit-hole hard. Our first loss I remember looking down at his hands and seeing him doing DK moves. Can you believe it? DK moves on an NBA Jam machine? There are no barrels to hop over in Jam, idiot!

We got crushed, but something in Billy just broke. He began to obsess over Donkey Kong. He grew his hair out and started wearing American flag ties. He was like this yuppie/hippie hybrid. It really started creeping me out. We lost something like 20 straight games before I finally confronted him. He had stopped speaking words by this point and communicated only in Donkey Kong sound effects.

It was clear he only cared about that loving monkey at this point. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure he's the reason Jam isn't as popular as it once was.

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Air Julio posted:

Billy and I owned the NBA Jam scene. We were the best team in the contiguous 48 and riding high everywhere we went. I don't know what got him into Donkey Kong, but he went down that rabbit-hole hard. Our first loss I remember looking down at his hands and seeing him doing DK moves. Can you believe it? DK moves on an NBA Jam machine? There are no barrels to hop over in Jam, idiot!

We got crushed, but something in Billy just broke. He began to obsess over Donkey Kong. He grew his hair out and started wearing American flag ties. He was like this yuppie/hippie hybrid. It really started creeping me out. We lost something like 20 straight games before I finally confronted him. He had stopped speaking words by this point and communicated only in Donkey Kong sound effects.

It was clear he only cared about that loving monkey at this point. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure he's the reason Jam isn't as popular as it once was.

Blue's Clues

lol if you don't have qbert record or joust

Captain No-mates

Air Julio posted:

FluffieDuckie

Nacho Destroyer posted:

im a pretty famous arcade player, you may know me from my signature tags, rear end, DAM, BCH, and CNT

yeah i've seen you around, but my tag is aaa and i'm everywhere dude

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

yeah i've seen you around, but my tag is aaa and i'm everywhere dude

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Billy Mitchel became the Donkey Kong king, setting the record top-score at the now-famous (thanks to us) Fun Spot arcade in the lakes region of New Hampshire. I watched from a distance as he would attract a crowd of up to 10 people, dazzle them with his DK skills, then amble around the arcade like an ape. I always found it odd that he would imitate Donkey Kong, when he was the bad guy of the game he loved so much. Was his subconscious aware of the fact that he was the villain, and I, the hero? No one really seemed to mind until he started flinging his own feces around. The owner pulled me aside and said: "you must kill Billy Mitchel before it's too late"

• Locked thread