Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain No-mates

its tough being a celebrity down at the arcade, you get the high scores and then you get the women throwing themselves at you with no self respect. im in a good mood, just crushed some poser at street fighter so i decide to give them what they want. get out my sharpie and upon overflowing bosom initial the autograph theyve been waiting for: "N M 8"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain No-mates

Air Julio posted:

Billy and I owned the NBA Jam scene. We were the best team in the contiguous 48 and riding high everywhere we went. I don't know what got him into Donkey Kong, but he went down that rabbit-hole hard. Our first loss I remember looking down at his hands and seeing him doing DK moves. Can you believe it? DK moves on an NBA Jam machine? There are no barrels to hop over in Jam, idiot!

We got crushed, but something in Billy just broke. He began to obsess over Donkey Kong. He grew his hair out and started wearing American flag ties. He was like this yuppie/hippie hybrid. It really started creeping me out. We lost something like 20 straight games before I finally confronted him. He had stopped speaking words by this point and communicated only in Donkey Kong sound effects.

It was clear he only cared about that loving monkey at this point. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure he's the reason Jam isn't as popular as it once was.

• Locked thread