Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the purposes of the Reverse Gas Chamber Challenge, does DDRD / Imp Zone count as a gray forum? No poll just post your argument why or why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Please spell out what exactly a gray forum is, sir ralp.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lmao read this as 'gay forum'

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

Please spell out what exactly a gray forum is, sir ralp.

That's what this thread is for idiot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The fields where posts are read are gray, OP. For this reason I call it a gray forum, despite the cute background and some of the quirky style choices.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Ralp posted:

That's what this thread is for idiot.

drat dude my tension meter is spiking.

Dec 26, 2012

yes because in my opinion the restriction should really be "any non-fyad forum"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said I don't really know what the reverse gas chamber challenge is, and frankly don't care much. Farewell.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Reverse gas chamber challenge could be fun so yeah, probably

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

That said I don't really know what the reverse gas chamber challenge is, and frankly don't care much. Farewell.

Now he's going to make you do one!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yes it does because this can only lead to fun things.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I miss when it was a purple forum

Dec 26, 2012

did someone nominate a thread or is this just a general question?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Silver Alicorn posted:

I miss when it was a purple forum

Stfu

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm going to say it isn't. It's close to YOSPOS in terms of what is and isn't allowed (though it isn't nearly as lovely) and that is considered by all to not be a gray forum.

Also, there is a style sheet.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yoshi's Island is anything but gray.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We seem to have a blend of FYAD lite and gray forum rules so in the end that's something that you guys will have to decide on...

But a reverse gas chamber challenge sounds like fun so we can at least try it out.

Arguments against gray forum:

Much looser moderation than Games

Not everything is a Mega thread like games (even though in Games' rules thread it says that "megathreads are bad" lol)

Different style sheet

Arguments for gray:
Stricter rules than other FYAD lites

Gray posting background like other gray forums

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 11, 2014

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
We in the imp zone are gray as hell. The grayest of them all

Dec 26, 2012

for real though i dont see a particular reason why the various fyad-lites and similar cant be nominated as a thread recipient

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

its baby blue and gray, which i find to be a very calming color

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I think this forum is more of a FYAD-lite and not a gray forum, but I also don't see why it can't be used for the Reverse Gas Chamber Challenge.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

for real though i dont see a particular reason why the various fyad-lites and similar cant be nominated as a thread recipient

I think sending a thread to YOSPOS might be different than sending it straight to SH/SC though (one place is much more used to generally nice/courteous posting) and that might be the crux of the Gas Chamber Challenge. That's Ralp's deal though so I could be wrong.

The problem I see here is that Games is basically only populated with Megathreads; a gas chamber challenge wouldn't really fit there unless it's "[INSERT GAME] MEGATHREAD [INSERT CRAPPY TITLE]". If people want to discuss gaming without megathreads they come here, I've noticed, so maybe a gas chamber challenge would be better suited here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

01011001 posted:

It's because people would use it to poo poo up YOSPOS with jokes.

Dec 26, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

god forbid

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The horror

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Give us the best of both worlds and give us a Reverse Gas Chamber Challenge, too. We here in imp zone deserve only the best.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yes because in my opinion the restriction should really be "any non-fyad forum"

Yeah, this imo.

or rather any non-fyad non-byob, since fyad has their own personal gas chamber and byob allows basically any kind of garbage no matter what

Dec 26, 2012

yeah its not much of a challenge putting whatever shitass thread in byob

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I like to think of the iz as the forums dmz

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i don.t know abiout a grey forum but it certainly counts as a gay forum. LOL

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Well we already get some of GBS's garbage so I don't think this matters in the case of Imp Zone.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The answer to whether or not this is a "gray forum" isn't black and white. It seems to me to be more of a "gray" area.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Ralp posted:

For the purposes of the Reverse Gas Chamber Challenge, does DDRD / Imp Zone count as a gray forum? No poll just post your argument why or why not.

no bc its a BYOB-lite

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is it fascism yet posted:

no bc its a BYOB-lite

:stonk:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Only in flesh.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Blind Sally posted:

The answer to whether or not this is a "gray forum" isn't black and white. It seems to me to be more of a "gray" area.

You mother fucker. Voting this thread a 1. Ralp's thread just received a crappy score and that blood is on your hands

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ralp posted:

gently caress off.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
The Reverse Gas Chamber Challenge is stupid.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Widestancer posted:

We seem to have a blend of FYAD lite and gray forum rules so in the end that's something that you guys will have to decide on...

But a reverse gas chamber challenge sounds like fun so we can at least try it out.

Arguments against gray forum:

Much looser moderation than Games

Not everything is a Mega thread like games (even though in Games' rules thread it says that "megathreads are bad" lol)

Different style sheet

Arguments for gray:
Stricter rules than other FYAD lites

Gray posting background like other gray forums

Widestancer posted:

I think sending a thread to YOSPOS might be different than sending it straight to SH/SC though (one place is much more used to generally nice/courteous posting) and that might be the crux of the Gas Chamber Challenge. That's Ralp's deal though so I could be wrong.

The problem I see here is that Games is basically only populated with Megathreads; a gas chamber challenge wouldn't really fit there unless it's "[INSERT GAME] MEGATHREAD [INSERT CRAPPY TITLE]". If people want to discuss gaming without megathreads they come here, I've noticed, so maybe a gas chamber challenge would be better suited here.

Wow, this person really puts a lot of thought and care into their posts. Make this man a mod!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
whatever the opposite of what you think OP

• Locked thread