Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Aliquid posted:

Why is education privatization such a Thing in Sweden? It's only recently caught on in the States, facing a larger resistance than I thought possible from us.

As I understand it they started ruining their schools in the 90s with "free choice schooling" or some such, basically it allowed parents to decide where to send their children to school. Here in Finland and before in Sweden, where you lived decided where you went to school.

The natural result of this is that schools started turning into good schools where the rich sent their kids, and bad schools where the immigrants and other poors who couldn't afford or bother to send their kids further to good schools.

This is my outside perspective anyway, also they allowed private schools back then too, but I think the "free school choice" is considered the primary culprit in undermining the quality and equality of education in sweden.

I also know lots of people satying they'd vote Social democrat but are too fearful of S having an alliance with the greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I disagree with the idea that SD has agrarian roots. While lots of SD strongholds are in smaller municipalities and towns, they're also mostly in Skåne or the south. The Väster/Norrbotten area which is the most sparsely populated and most agrarian in the country are weak places for SD.

The places where SD seems strong are actually industrial (bruksorter) in nature rather than agrarian.

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/politik/valet2010/har-ar-sd-storst-och-minst_5366905.svd

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Seems like there could be some kind of middle path that could leave both sides unhappy but at least grudingly accepting of a solution. But it's gotten so infected what with the "loving retard inbred hick fucks" and "goddamn inner city cunts who wouldn't know nature if a wolf ate them" type of rhethoric inflaming the issue.

Then with crazy groups that drive smear and hate campaigns against individual people on the net, posting their names and pictures and encouraging vandalism or violence.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I don't think this portraying rural people as racist and uneducated is really helping tbh. Seems more like ones own prejudices/dislikes against "the other" bleeding trough and it's more likely to alienate and drive said people to where you don't want them to go. "Hey you stupid redneck gently caress, don't vote SD like your kind tends to ok?"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Answering as a finn, I got PP, KD and SD but my maximum compatibility was no mor than 60-65%.

Weird I got SD and KD since I said I thought it was a very bad idea to have more christian values in society and I basically skipped most questions about immigration, or those I answered where against what I'd consider SDs policy.

I didn't check any questions as especially important, and I skipped a load of questions because I don't care about them. Basically I said I want to less income disparity, grades earlier in school as well as grades for behaviour, less "friskolor", very bad idea to remove "vårnadsbidrag", don't allow profits from health care, yes on rich tax back, don't sell state owned companies, don't force 50/50 parental leave might have shoved me towards the more conservative side I guess, but as a parent currently using parental leave, we would have been hosed if my SO hadn't been able to take out more than 50% of it and allowed us to customize it to our own situation. Yay for supporting rural places, yay yay yay for nuclear power, out of eu yes please.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I skipped on that whole wolf thing. I don't really care if they shoot more or less wolves tbh. It's a very emotional issue I have seen but I don't give a poo poo about it to be perfectly honest. I live rurally and I don't care if we got wolves around either, seems like a whole lot of fuss about something statistically unlikely to cause any great harm. This upsets right leaning folks. When I express a similar logic re: guns this upsets left leaning folks, I basically piss off everyone :v:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Isn't the population growth issue something that eventually needs to be solved in other ways than importing people to try and feed an eternal population growth for an eternal economic growth, both of which aren't possible anyway? Seems to me the whole world, if everything goes really well*, will soon have the same issues with declining populations and that's good. We're too many people on the globe. Ideally the whole world would have about the same population density as Scandinavia does though that's probably hundreds of years in the future.

* By really really well I mean standards of living and education will continue to rise world wide resulting in less births. Ofcourse it could also be really, really bad, with worse case scenarious regarding global warming and climate change etc..

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

One would really think an agrarian party would be leftist, because capitalism is pretty much _the_ enemy of the countryside, if the capitalists ruled unopposed everyone would be forced into cities to live as consumer drones in apartment boxes soley for making profit the most effectively.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Good thing I live out in the sticks and don't expect my investment to grow or pay off. It's live here till I die basically.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

So basically we'd specialize every country and the roles would look something like this

Finns = Army
Swedes = Airforce
Norweigans = Navy
Danes = Kamelåså

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

hosed up if true

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Vem ska trösta finlandssvensken?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Alhazred posted:

Michael Tetzchner isn't that bad. He refused to work with FrP and don't have a silly "von" in his name.

I'd like a silly von in my name, can I have his?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

So you're swedish?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

So maybe you should mortage that loan you planned to keep on paying the interest only on forever. I swear this must be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

I guess we know now why Swedens economy is in better shape than Finlands, you just borrow assloads of money to keep your consumption going and never pay them back. I guess it works until the whole idiotic farce implodes in your faces and you're left with soaring interest rates and millions of SEK in debt you never bothered mortaging down.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

We wish we could be putting down more on our mortage while rates are this good but it's difficult. Still we're paying it down and hoping to be free of it some day.

I also read the swedish govt wanted to mandate paying mortage to something like 50% of the loan at least, but it got shot down recently.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

We do have ränteavdrag here too, until 2011 it was 100% deductible, then 85%, then 80%, in 2014 you could deduct 75%, in 2015 65% , I think it's going to decrease further but not sure how much.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Xoidanor posted:

Without actually looking I'd bet on lower wages, more conscription and less high-tech & high-maintenance weaponry to explain the discrepancy.

Yes, but this is what you want / need in a large defensive army that's actually gonna be effective and a deterrent. The professional hitech militaries of a lot of countries these days are not defensive, they're mostly used for excursions around the world. If an actual defensive war needed to be bought with these small professional armies against an enemy like russia, yeah good luck.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Couldn't sweden and norway just give their defence budgets to Finland, earmarked for our defence budget, then you can just sit back and sign the checks while we guard the border for you.

An additional 10% on what you give would earn you the right to look down on us too.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Not paying mortage = more money left over for consumption. Plus I'll just sell the house later for profit and I would have only wasted money on the mortage if the market value on the house increases faster than the mortage decreases the loan. So basically they're living for the now, hoping the bubble won't burst.

This is how you keep a postindustrial economy going anyway. You need cheap credit and cheaper (crappier) products from developing countries in order to offset the lack of purchasing power after decades of wage stagnation due to globalization and rightwing "trickle-up" policies. Only question is how far we can go before we run into a wall of diminshing returns.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm afraid they cleverly made it so that free lunches only applied to people who didn't beat up dark skinned people with lead pipes. Politicial machinations most foul.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'll buy that for a D-mark!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

They're untermenschen

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Ligur posted:

This is racist.

13% of swedes can't be irrational

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Puistokemisti posted:

Nice excuses but I have read finnish newspapers and I know for a fact that large parts of Sweden has been conquered by immigrants mafias that police is too terrified to stop lest they be called racists, and that from these holdings rowing gangs emerge to pillage and rape the few remaining swede strongholds.

What part of this doesn't fit the definition of paradise?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

The greatest trick Ligur ever pulled was convincing the world he was reasonable.

John 3:16

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Ligur posted:

What I'm afraid Sweden is looking for though is reduced quality of life for all but the elites, a stressed economy, a more and more segregated society divided between the dwindling ethnic Swede middle and working classes and the segregated humanitarian immigrant ghettos where they are forced to live, amidst unemployment and crime, at worst not much better than where they left from, that the latter will become more and more hostile to the society at large because of this, loss of the social contract and common values which made Sweden such a nice place for a long time, and very thinly stretched public services or failures of them thereof.

Yes well that's Moderaterna for you.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Why contain it*? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

* = Ränteavdraget

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

Full employment is a big issue in every sense for every country using the Scandinavian model. The right has rhetorically hijacked it in the name of international competitiveness, but it used to be a huge social-democratic project, based on the idea that the more people were in work, the lower the supply of labour, the stronger the negotiating position of workers was.

Right to work (for nothing, you greedy low born scum).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yes you don't need eyes to conduct proper phrenological examinations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Woo we're going to ring-3?!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

If there's someone strange in your neighborhood. Who you gonna call? Heil Hitler! If there's someone weird and he don't look white. Who you gonna call? Heil Hitler!

Call now! 1-800-LIGUR

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Hey I don't know anything about no anal orgies, but if I did, Ligur woud be invited.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

are you loving kidding me

who the gently caress looks to england and thinks "yes, this is truly a railway success story"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Bully harder?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Biomute posted:

Students who vote FrP are NEERRRDS!

FRRRRRRRRRRRRP!

Or alternatively, LIGUUUUUUUUURRRR!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I've been wanting todo it for years but always gotten beaten to it, well I was tired of waiting.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Xoidanor posted:

I don't know whether to be more concerned about their deaths or that Rutkowski could remember so many names without looking it up.

I remember all my victims (of my posting).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

That whole free choice school thing sounds so dumb and just to set up to lead to disaster and segregation, it's just so swedish in a way. If anyone tried introducing it here I think we'd be justified in just tossing him into the sea with some lead weights, for the good of the country's future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Nämen kva säir et? Int kan vi ju buri tal hitche norsk int tå he fins österbottnisk gaambeldags dialekt att ta till oåv.

Å kvarendaste daag, ja härrigud he je no liik langt som brätt som di säir i niesby city.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 12, 2015

• Locked thread