Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Cardiac posted:

Additions: They are trying to pick upp disgruntled S voters that are unhappy with S triangulation of M.

It's actually working somewhat, my grandmother who's always been a Social Democrat is now voting for the Left Party because she feels that they are what the Social Democrats used to be, she's frequently saying that the Social Democrats have gone to far to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Randandal posted:

I'm an American-born Swede with full dual citizenship that I only became aware of and finalized a few years ago. I'm a complete noob with Swedish politics, but I intend to educate myself and participate. For now I know so little that I won't do anything but read discussions, but I have one silly question which I can't seem to find the answer to via Google: Can I submit an absentee ballot from the US and how do I do that?

You can find out all sorts of information here: http://www.val.se/sprak/engelska/index.html

Hmm, doesn't seem to be that much information there in English but it might be enough to answer your question.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 31, 2014

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Randandal posted:

I did register as a permanent resident with Folkbokföring and Skatteverket when I was over there so I guess that the voting card was sent to my Swedish address and my dad just forgot about telling me.

Considering that the elections are in two weeks, am I screwed for this one?

Not necessarily, you could get your father to vote for you acting as a messenger or if you have the ability to go to a Swedish mission you can vote yourself there.

Information in English here (Search for Voting by messenger and Voting at diplomatic missions abroad)
All you apparently need to vote on a Mission is an ID-card, it doesn't say so on the English page but it says so here

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
^^^
That comic was pretty funny, are there any more like that.

Got FI at 84% and V at 83%, still voting for V.

SD, KD and M at the very bottom in that order.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 10, 2014

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
What would SD gain from a re-election, isn't it likely that they would be seen more as a menace and possibly lose votes because of this?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Xoidanor posted:

Uh, not likely. I've been listening to enough "call P1" for the last few weeks to know that they have the support of their voting base. If anyone is losing voters out of this it's M.

But just because some of the hardcore voters will stand by this decision doesn't necessarily mean that all of them will.

Lord Tywin posted:

It's S that will lose the most votes from this, they pissed off people when they didn't cooperate with V and that they included the loons in MP in the government.

I was talking to my friend and she said that if S is going to lock out V then she might as well vote for S, I talked her out of it but other people might feel the same way.

Ligur posted:

What other policies SD has apart from reducing immigration

According to their website they care about immigration, crime and elderly care.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
How could the Sami not be considered proper Swedes, they have lived here for thousands of years.

• Locked thread