Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

As for the Arbetsförmedling, my point was that they should use the money to reinforce and fix that department rather than outsourcing it for even more money.

We allowed private companies to run the equivalent of the Arbetsförmedling in Denmark and it was a complete failure. One by one they've basically been fired by the local councils for being lovely. A few municipalities had the good sense to write contracts that stipulated fines for not reaching targets so they came out alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Koorisch posted:

Sadly it seems people are just as stupid as ever to vote for them at all.

If limiting immigration is an important issue to a lot of Swedes it might be sensible to give them an alternative to actual nazis to vote for.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

TheFluff posted:

Do you have any source for these amazingly high costs of immigration that you keep claiming are such a problem? Because I'm pretty sure it's a myth. Financing a Swedish-born kid's child support, education, healthcare, etc etc until they start paying taxes is almost certainly more expensive than just teaching some Syrian Swedish and letting him run a pizza place, even if he fiddles with his tax reports.

You really can't expect someone to flee a civil war, leaving their entire social network and all earthly belongings behind, and just step into an alien society and start producing while their family at home is being bombed. I'm sure some can but honestly I would expect most to suffer from some form of depression and PTSD.

Part of the problem has been that we haven't realized just how severe some of these problems are and have failed to properly address them so it became a multi-generational issue. We need to be much more pro-active throughout the whole process but of course that require resources - and the political will.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

The problem is that these people have no contact whatsoever with Immigrants or immigration communities. Prejudice is the expression of ignorance, nothing more. Rural communities have a tendancy to respond to cheap rethorical tricks like the ones SD pull all the time simply by being comfy in a situation where they never have to deal with the problems they claim are national.

The data doesn't support it though. SD is getting votes in the most heavily populated areas except for Stockholm. In Denmark people really like to perpetuate the idea of the stupid hicks too - if not for the racists out west all us enlightened cosmopolitans could run this country the way it's supposed to. In reality the DPP is pretty drat popular in the Copenhagen suburbs while the rural west don't really care for whatever reason. Other rural areas particularly on the islands are very keen on the DPP but it's not a rural/urban divide at all. Basically urbanites have just decided that *we* are not the baddies - we can't possibly be - it must be some other idiots.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

It does mean quite a bit. SD has excluded more party members in recent years than the other parties have in the past 20 years combined. They are desperately trying to shed their image of being old nazis. And yes you can ignore whomever you drat well please in Parliament, nobody is talking about M having to respect FI or V. Why should SD be so goddamn special?

Well it's extremely easy to be a populist party when you don't have to implement any of your policies or deal with actual governance with all of the complications that comes with it. In essence SD will never be held accountable for policies that don't work or promises they can't keep. Their only enemy is themselves which is great if they happen to be openly incompetent or insane - but if they are not or even get a charismatic leader they can continue to grow and build their base which over the long term could be an issue. Including them presents another set of problems of course but exclusion won't necesarrily work against them either.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Ligur posted:

Some Swedish people all are up on arms because models of German WW2 tanks have nazi emblems on them. I mean, WW2 era German nazi tanks have nazi symbols?

That should be banned from existing because otherwise poeple will, I don't know... start goose stepping and listening to Wagner.

No fascism in my war toys!

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The destabilizing factor is Swedes in Scania.

They annexed the geographically moar racist part pf Denmark :cheers:

Votes for Danish People's Party.

#karma #goodriddance

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

You're free to engage Ligur if you wanna. I don't see why anybody should be obliged to do so against their will, however.

But then again, not engaging dumb gimmick posters is literally censorship. When will the oppression of shitposters end? :qq:
The word was "childish", not censorship. Sitting around in a circlejerk posting about how much you ignore someone, instead of just ignoring them and contributing, is childish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Atal Vataman posted:

I think the EU question is very interesting. A lot of rightwing parties have added euroscepticism to their political core. I find this shift peculiar, considering the situation was reversed (at least over here) back when we considered joining in 94, with the rightwingers forming the yes-block and forming the no-block. Was this the case in Denmark too?

Here the far right always hated the EU because it means giving up sovereignty to foereigners and adhering to treaties regarding immigrants. The left hated it in the beginning because it was only rich countries but they warmed up to it when the East was admitted.

• Locked thread