Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Dragongem posted:

Stars are meaningless! 4 star rating vs 3 star rating at home and my team got blown out 0-3 :v:

Indeed. It's only a measure of your tactics, your players can still play like poo poo or the RNG can gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Or the ref.

I really wish we could easily see the player ratings from a match, and on average. Would be useful for going hyper-grognard like in Football Manager.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Rapner posted:

Or the ref.

I really wish we could easily see the player ratings from a match, and on average. Would be useful for going hyper-grognard like in Football Manager.

Not sure what you mean by that, you can see player ratings for each match?

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Yeah is this not an option for you?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Aha! Thanks a bunch, I didn't know that showed it!

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

quote:

Someone broke into your club house during the night and punctured all the balls. Because of this todays training session had to be replaced with some other training and the players lost a little bit of form. New balls are purchased for 100 000 econ. The thugs left no clues.

c'mon, son

This was either KCER pissed about his loss or Managing is Hard not knowing that soaping is the only worthwhile dirty trick

shep
Aug 31, 2003

I am sad because I am stuck with no bacon in the middle of the ocean.

Baby Cakes posted:

c'mon, son

This was either KCER pissed about his loss or Managing is Hard not knowing that soaping is the only worthwhile dirty trick

Afraid I'm a soaper and currently a money hoarder, point that finger elsewhere!

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Baby Cakes posted:

c'mon, son

I havent used dirty tricks in a while so it ain't me, but I'll start soaping you if you want

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Fragile is an exaggerated hidden, a doubled chance to get hurt is nothing when spread across ~18 players in a squad rotation. Your players will retire before the law of large numbers catches up to them.

Anything you to increase/decrease the risk factor of injury to your players has nothing on dumb luck. Confirmation bias example: goalkeepers are supposed to rarely get injured, yet my non-fragile keeper has missed more days to injury than all other keepers in the division combined.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I looked into it, turns out I was wrong but not for the reasons I expected.

Here's an injury batting average of players who have played 85+ games across all my teams, fragile players in bold:

quote:

0.081 Ernst Droge, MF (10 in 122)
0.073 Don Sellers, MF (9 in 123)
0.070 Hans Jørgen Bjerrum, GK (8 in 113)
0.064 Pasquale Massimo, F (10 in 154)
0.060 Ethan Lansbury, D (10 in 165)
0.056 Ludovico Godinho, F (7 in 124)
0.054 Siarzhuk Kasheuski, D (6 in 110)
0.046 Pierre Ödlund, D (7 in 150)
0.043 Ambrogio Negro, D (8 in 184)
0.042 Metananda Prem, MF (8 in 189)
0.040 Joey Smart, MF (6 in 148)
0.039 Clay Jacobs, MF (7 in 179)
0.038 Marlon Baldock, D (5 in 130)
0.033 Pat Given, F (4 in 119)
0.031 Katsuo Hasegawa, GK (6 in 189)
0.027 Tommy Englid, D (3 in 108)
0.022 Manley Power, F (3 in 135)
0.019 Imre Lovas, MF (2 in 103)
0.018 Keith Broomes, GK (2 in 109)
0.018 Steven Stoneblack, F (2 in 118)
0.009 Peadar Lunny, MF (1 in 110)
0.000 Rio Booty, MF (Injury-free in 91)
0.000 Allan Weber, F (Injury-free in 89)
They aren't any worse off than everyone else but it's not because the simulation is run badly. Behold the power of tight marking:

Nobody singles out defenders so their injury rates are pretty consistent, meanwhile the most skilled midfielders and forwards are getting tackled spikes-first. I cut Massimo earlier for being mysteriously injured too often but now I see that was a huge mistake, he'd been taking bullets for Stoneblack. At least he had him covered for his development.

It's more clearcut with Social Justice TSC, where the player twice as fragile on paper turns out to be half as fragile on the field, and the second-best attackers in each position have never ever been hurt:

Someone else can :spergin: out the details but long story short the right team setup mitigates an injury risk completely.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
Nice work. What I'm getting from it is this: if I develop the player into the best player I've ever had (which he very likely will be) he will have increased injury risk from man-marking and from being fragile. Which sucks.

I did notice for about three seasons when Comrade Durov was obviously my best player, he was injured a lot and far less influential in games because he was always man-marked. As soon as I developed a couple of other midfielders to the same level he started getting goals and assists again as people tried to guess which of the three would be my playmaker.

Also, Spacepope: what's going on? I never expected our long-awaited rematch to be against a team languishing at the bottom of the league with no points!

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

My team just melted away in the first five games. I have no idea what happened they were in good form and I used pretty much the same setup that had me near the top of the table the last two seasons. I even offered big win bonuses but I guess we just peaked. I had a high pile of money so I bought some youth players so that the season would not be a complete waste. If im lucky I might win against portland next week.....maybe. you really deserved better than that but im gonna be down in retu next season and theres nothing I can do about it.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
Aw man, you'll be back. Tanking is probably the way to go with the rest of the season. At least you get to fight for promotion again! I've been bobbling around in Serious Business for five seasons without getting anywhere.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

X11 posted:

Someone has spread soap all over the shower room floor so that several players slipped and hurt themselves especially Vel Veeta who will be unable to play for some time ahead. Persistent rumours point to The Dark and Stormies as the ones responsible.

Elendil004! Why so mad! Is it really worth soaping my 3rd choice defender/processed cheese for?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Anyone want to buy a 29/10 tough, cheaty goalkeeper on the cheap? He's valued at 1,850,000 but I'm happy to let him go for 1.5m.

http://xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=10926912&dh=2

Edit: Nevermind, can't afford it anymore. 18/6 undereval with 3sq for 4m :(

Rapner fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 15, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Robodog posted:

Elendil004! Why so mad! Is it really worth soaping my 3rd choice defender/processed cheese for?

Payback for injuring one of my stars! :)

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Elendil004 posted:

Payback for injuring one of my stars! :)

After you already injured my captain 10 minutes into the match? That's just harsh.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dirty Tricks are a waste of money anyways IMO. Rather spend that on form training, win bonuses, saving up for a new player, etc.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 15, 2014

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

quote:

Someone has spread soap all over the shower room floor so that several players slipped and hurt themselves. Luckily no one was seriously injured. This was obviously at attempt at sabotage but no one knows anything as to who might be behind it all.

hey haters I didn't choose to be in RNA outclassing y'all by like 3+ skillpoints im sorry ok

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
:china:

X11 designed by WW2 propaganda artists confirmed.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Baby Cakes posted:

hey haters I didn't choose to be in RNA outclassing y'all by like 3+ skillpoints im sorry ok

You're Crimemakers right? Isn't soap in the showers a good thing?

I'm getting soaped too, which is interesting. I blame shep!

shep
Aug 31, 2003

Rapner posted:

You're Crimemakers right? Isn't soap in the showers a good thing?

I'm getting soaped too, which is interesting. I blame shep!

Woooahhhhhh there! I've already accepted my fate and I'm preparing for next season, I don't have the money to spend on these underhand tactics.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

X11 posted:

Someone has spread soap all over the shower room floor so that several players slipped and hurt themselves. Luckily no one was seriously injured. Persistent rumours point to FC Lamentare as the ones behind it all.
And now VelociBacon steps up to soap Kraft Foods, sheesh! If you guys are going to waste money on dirty trix, at least do it to a team that you're fighting against for promotion.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The way this is going I need to buy stock in ACME Soap Co.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Robodog posted:

And now VelociBacon steps up to soap Kraft Foods, sheesh! If you guys are going to waste money on dirty trix, at least do it to a team that you're fighting against for promotion.

I'll soap anyone who runs bruise against me nonstop every cooldown.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

VelociBacon posted:

I'll soap anyone who runs bruise against me nonstop every cooldown.

That's how he rolls yo

shep
Aug 31, 2003

To be honest everyone should just soap the gently caress out of The Crimemakers, if only for those smug press releases. :smugissar:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Soap? In prison showers?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

X11 posted:

Someone has spread soap all over the shower room floor so that several players slipped and hurt themselves. Luckily no one was seriously injured. Persistent rumours point to FC Lamentare as the ones behind it all.

Dude, seriously? That trix money could've been spent on at least two rounds of rehab for your injuries.

This is just sad. Sheesh. I'm embarrassed for you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Robodog posted:

Dude, seriously? That trix money could've been spent on at least two rounds of rehab for your injuries.

This is just sad. Sheesh. I'm embarrassed for you.

Yeah doing it once is cheeky and in the spirit of a rivalry, but more than that is kinda a waste of money

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Elendil004 posted:

Yeah doing it once is cheeky and in the spirit of a rivalry, but more than that is kinda a waste of money

PS sooo puncturing your balls before our next match

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
FINALLY BEAT HARDFLIP AT HOME

Now I need to hope he chokes hard

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Dragongem posted:

FINALLY BEAT HARDFLIP AT HOME

Now I need to hope he chokes hard

forgetting to set tactics tanked my form completely and i just lost again oh god

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alright bring it on KRAFT FOODS!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Elendil004 posted:

Alright bring it on KRAFT FOODS!

I'm playing 1-1-10 fyi

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Whoever owns Helsinki Hawks is doing a good job, nice to have more competition in Retu Nagele A. They caught me napping.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Robodog posted:

I'm playing 1-1-10 fyi

That's good I'm playing 10-1-1 very defensive and my guys are literally going to create an impenetrable wall in the net

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Oh dang I'm going to have to bring my a-game to beat that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I am disgusted that you are both cheating so hard you have extra players on the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

IRL I'm a respiratory therapist who deals with this poo poo with patients occasionally this is creepy.

e: Name generation strikes again! I've had good luck with GK's from youth camp.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 2, 2014

• Locked thread