Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

gardenald posted:

I'm rooting for you but only because I am 100% convinced that you are actually Charlie Kelly irl

Wouldn't scrotos be Charlie Kelly irl, seeing as how they both have a tendency of writing in fractured sentences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey I think I am out after this year. The game is fun but not like $100 a year fun.

So if anyone wants a super cool contending team you should call dibs

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Goetta posted:

Hey I think I am out after this year. The game is fun but not like $100 a year fun.

So if anyone wants a super cool contending team you should call dibs
Same with me. I started finding it a chore to check my team each day. Going to stick with sim league.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Ivan Drago posted:

Same with me. I started finding it a chore to check my team each day. Going to stick with sim league.

Ivan nooooo

This division has gone 10 0 seasons without an ownership changes

BTW, I was wondering what the closest AL South race during jeff's reign before this season was, so...

code:
Season	2nd Place	GB	Wins
11	Ivan		23	82
12	scrotos		18	78
13	scrotos		17	89
14	scrotos		11	103
15	scrotos		17	104
16	scrotos		2	109
17	scrotos		36	91
18	scrotos		29	93
19	scrotos		33	88
20	scrotos		26	96
21	scrotos		26	96
22	Ivan		24	96
23	Ivan		11	89
24	Ivan		30	82
25	Ivan		19	97
26	Ivan		21	88
27	Ivan		15	91
28	Ivan		12	86
29	uublog		0	100
wow

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Season 16 pissed me off so much. 109 wins and finished 2 back.

code:
Season	2nd Place	GB	Wins
14	scrotos		11	103
15	scrotos		17	104
16	scrotos		2	109
17	scrotos		36	91
18	scrotos		29	93
19	scrotos		33	88
20	scrotos		26	96
21	scrotos		26	96
ahhhhhh 104 wins and loving 17 games back. :suicide:

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 10, 2014

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Ivan Drago posted:

Yea thats why I build teams that I can let run on auto pilot for a few days.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Go die in a fire Larry Rodney

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Congrats on drafting a Cy Young Award winner art

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
And he is team controlled for the foreseeable future. What a poo poo loving trade

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

The other four of you who voted for Haywood are cool. The rest of you are shitlords.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
lol Rickey won fireman with like a 1.5 loving WHIP

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'm glad that reason prevailed and Graham Abernathy won.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I'm glad that reason prevailed and Graham Abernathy won.

I'm glad I can add "drafted an MVP" to my resumé, but I'm disappointed that only six other people recognized the value of an OPS over 1.000 from a catcher

But two other people voted for Damaso so

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Who else is leaving? Right now I think we're up to 4 openings

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well, I kinda want to leave, but I know everyone would hate me for it. I'm just going to firesale this poo poo and start over and hope I make a team that doesn't bore me really quick.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

womp womp, nasboat's dumb juggernaut team isn't a joke in the playoffs anymore. :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

https://vine.co/v/OipMtUU3T0r

while i enjoyed making that vine i am pretty sure the karma from it means i will not win this series

nasboat fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 12, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Atheistdeals.com posted:

womp womp, nasboat's dumb juggernaut team isn't a joke in the playoffs anymore. :(

I'm sorry I have failed you all

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So how many dimaggio dynasties have I helped create now?

I know I helped Wad, but I also helped out natedogg too. I also gave some help to soxxyport, and lord knows Jefferson got some serious help from me in the old days. If nasboat wins this world series, it's entirely because of me.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ArtVandelay posted:

So how many dimaggio dynasties have I helped create now?

I know I helped Wad, but I also helped out natedogg too. I also gave some help to soxxyport, and lord knows Jefferson got some serious help from me in the old days. If nasboat wins this world series, it's entirely because of me.

Art if you're taking credit for nasboats team then I'm claiming New Orleans, whole lotta ex Barons on the Spirits

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Guess it's going to be an anticlimactic world series :\

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I think I'm going to bow out as well. Haven't really been interested in HBD in a few seasons, and it's kind of taking it's toll on my rebuild.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Steve Sweeney winning MVP softens the blow of Graham Abernathy winning the other MVP

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Dryb posted:

I think I'm going to bow out as well. Haven't really been interested in HBD in a few seasons, and it's kind of taking it's toll on my rebuild.

drat it, trade me Raul Castro before you go

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

So we're losing goetta, Ivan, and dryb, plus non-goons in Baltimore and St. Louis? Yikes. Apparently we have a waiting list though, of Tavarin, and "some Dodgers guy on Twitter"

Hoping we can find three more quick, we're starting to hemorrhage owners, I think 9 in the last two seasons now?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog posted:

So we're losing goetta, Ivan, and dryb, plus non-goons in Baltimore and St. Louis? Yikes. Apparently we have a waiting list though, of Tavarin, and "some Dodgers guy on Twitter"

Hoping we can find three more quick, we're starting to hemorrhage owners, I think 9 in the last two seasons now?

Interest is waning in the game in general because of a lack of time and resources put into it by WIS. Add that to the fact that we have some good owners who have very entrenched good teams and it seems like a mountain to climb for a lot of new players. Not only losing, but just getting plain blown out is not fun. Not much we can do to help that though other than mentoring new players and hopefully unlocking the autistic part of their brains that makes this stupid thing fun.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I've wondered where you were, Playoff King Figueroa.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

yeah I'm not winning this series

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

YOU CAN DO THIS ATHEIST

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

BACK IN ACTION BABY, gently caress BON JOVI

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Atheistdeals.com posted:

BACK IN ACTION BABY, gently caress BON JOVI

whoa, whoa, whoa. While I support you in this series, let's not say things we'll regret.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
God dammit nasboat if you're gonna be the juggernaut of the al you had better drat well act like it

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

gardenald posted:

God dammit nasboat if you're gonna be the juggernaut of the al you had better drat well act like it

Hey now he finally won two playoff series in a row this season. Let's wait a couple more seasons before we ask a third out of him.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Elvis has left the building

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIMES

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

yeah it's not loving great it's a waste of my goddamn time and money and I'm so glad everyone gets so much loving enjoyment out of my failure

gently caress you all and gently caress this game

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I don't recommend waking up, reading a box score and posting right afterwards

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

That game is the stuff ragequits are made of

Like, purestrain ragequit material

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Oh my goodness

That was physically painful just to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsEuTYbDRwE

• Locked thread