Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Good to see that none of the new kids got stuck with default budgets. Weird stuff going on with scouting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Leonardo Kramer is like Rafael Camacho and you guys loved Rafael Camacho

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Jimmie Garces posted:

You could have signed me cheap last season - now I'm heading for free agency. I'll enjoy the bidding war.

But you said you wouldn't sign! Why Jimmie? Why?

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

nasboat posted:

only because i could call him "Macho" Camacho and no other reason

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Well I declined Barker's 20M to try and re-sign but now he won't ink so he leaves for nothing OH WELL here's to risks that don't pay off

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
This FA class has gotten a lot more interesting lately...

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

nasboat posted:

And Rafael Camacho was acquired via trade in a salary dump for a backup shortstop and a long reliever. And he was on a cheaper contract than Kramer will be.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
gonna sign sandy and barker and instantly have the best team in the league

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

And Rafael Camacho was acquired via trade in a salary dump for a backup shortstop and a long reliever. And he was on a cheaper contract than Kramer will be.

yeah because he pissed me the gently caress off and I was ready to dump him cheap, which you knew

I gave up a 'prospect' for him originally!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I acquired him twice but people shouldn't look at my talent evaluation as "normal" or "good"

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

What do you guys think Ismael Barrios is going to get in FA

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

Probably not as much as someone is going to give sandy.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

paid

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Yes but how much, assbutt. How much

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Personally I am going to give him an offer of five years and 8 million dollars for each of those years and I think he will sign with my franchise because he likes the borough of Queens and we can arrange a meeting with Kevin James. Kevin James will remain in character as Doug Heffernan during this meeting.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

Personally I am going to give him an offer of five years and 8 million dollars for each of those years and I think he will sign with my franchise because he likes the borough of Queens and we can arrange a meeting with Kevin James. Kevin James will remain in character as Doug Heffernan during this meeting.

Yeah but is Lou Ferrigno gonna be there? He's a really big Hulk fan

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Hi Sean Creek, welcome to Cleveland, I will rename the city Creekland if you decide to change your mind and re-sign with me

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

AlleyViper posted:

Hi Sean Creek, welcome to Cleveland, I will rename the city Creekland if you decide to change your mind and re-sign with me

And I will set Creekland on fire.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Well there is a flammable river ready and waiting

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Fun times in Cleveland today. Cleveland!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm really looking forward to watching The Olmedo Calderone Experience take over Portland

Also: Cleveland!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3plaSowWc

Alternately... Cleveland??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Ismael Barrios is about to get $Texas

Next season Sean Creek will get $California

Former Snowbird Pay Day

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

How on earth do you post Cleveland youtubes and not post the Hastily Made Tourism Videos

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

Ismael Barrios is about to get $Texas

Next season Sean Creek will get $California

Former Snowbird Pay Day

HEARD THIS: #MysteryTeam strongly pursuing Barrios, also planning a move to Texas next off-season. Meanwhile, Sean Creek shutting extension discussions with Cleveland already? Sources say he's looking at real estate in the LA/Anaheim area.

Someone tell @McKayDuffy

^^ ok fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

e: lmao

Go Cleveland Not Detroits!

uublog fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 21, 2014

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

"I want to send a message. A message to anyone who ever made fun of Cleveland. A message to anyone who ever told a Cleveland joke or laughed at a Cleveland joke. You can now officially SHUT UP."

Doesn't have quite the ring since your team is actually really good, but it's my go-to for a quick laugh at Cleveland.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

:siren: if I approach you wanting to trade prospects for veterans please gently remind me not to act like Art and refuse all deals, tia :siren:

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

The stove got REAL hot in Portland.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

uublog posted:

Tex Watson wants $8.3M in arb2

Hahaha I let it auto-arbitrate because I couldn't decide how much to offer even though I knew I'd lose regardless. So naturally I won and he's only making $5.8M instead, sweet.

And yet I lost when I offered Jesus Romero $500k instead of the $635k he wanted. I don't get it :confused:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Dale Benard is still a type A. Keep on truckin' old pitcher dude

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I forgot how great HBD FA responses are, from a MiLB pitcher:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

these Free Agents are bullshit. they are most certainly NOT free, but rather, really really expensive. They want $Texas but I only have $Virginia. smh

0/5, would not buy again

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

wow Trey Sellers is going to have the worst contract in the game

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

tatankatonk posted:

Sandy Nitkowski's gonna be riiiight behind him

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Okay real talk though Jackson has sixty one goddamn seasons under his belt how on earth is he still this bad at developing players

I just looked at his minors and Jesus Christ the things he's done to his poor prospects

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

Trey Sellers had the worst contract in the game starting last season the moment he signed it. I knew that when I offered it!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Capt Murphy posted:

Trey Sellers had the worst contract in the game starting last season the moment he signed it. I knew that when I offered it!

somewhere, Vic Soriano celebrates

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Attn: those of you bidding on Oswaldo Sivilla

You have no chance. Your efforts are futile. Focus on your consolation prize.

Love,
The Tampa Bay Snowbirds Organization

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I like how if you don't wait four hours after signing an extension to trade a guy it gets nullified

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Whoever decided to outbid me for Omar Roberts as rookie PC you're dumb but thank you for inspiring me to pursue more rational choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Whoever decided to outbid me for Omar Roberts as rookie PC you're dumb but thank you for inspiring me to pursue more rational choices

:livintrope:

• Locked thread