Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah, we all have that friend who will lie about some stupid poo poo just to make himself look cool. except this friend doesn't talk about how his cool juggling skills let him jiggle the titties on a two dollar whore for free. nah, we're talking about that one friend who tells you how 'yeah man, you can convince sephiroth to join your team if you use the exact right sequences of moves in the battle' and stupid gay poo poo like that.

they will fervently deny any accusations of lying.

I once invited a buddy of mine to the gym with me because he wanted to catch up. in the middle of all the stupid little bullshit lies he likes to tell about how he used to bench 300 pounds for reps and how he used to be cool in high school, he drops a bomb. He starts telling me how he was Diamond in League of Legends, but Riot dropped him to bronze because he was too good. I asked how that happened, he said his win percentage was really high and that he used to get reported a lot for being too good and he was making games unfun for the enemy team and so they dropped him all the way to Bronze.

I asked him why he hasn't gotten out of bronze if he's really a diamond player and he says that the teams he gets are poo poo and he doesn't feel like trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
http://tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Did you guys know that there's a secret fatality where Sonya Blade gets her boobs out? It's almost impossible to do.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I had a friend tell me if you played as Luigi in super smash bros you could enter a secret code to turn him into Spider-Man.

A guy who lived in my dorm freshman year played Battlefield 3 so much that he was like #2 in the worldwide leaderboards for a while. Then he claims DICE banned his account because he played so well the devs thought he was hacking. He probably got banned for being an insufferable rear end in a top hat tho.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it might be hard to believe but ther is an entire forum with subforums right here in sa where people would have you believe that video games are good.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my friend told me he is good at games

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Final fantasy xiii is good"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Give me steam games and I will show you boobies

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Widestancer posted:

Whoa let's not get cruel here

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

*starts breathing heavy*

I uh, umm . . .

*face starts to blush, am visibly sweating*

well, I, um, do have . . . actually have no money to, um

*turns and runs away*

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014
My dad works at Nintendo

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Widestancer posted:

do you want my selfsuck vid for fallout new vegas

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Is it fascism yet posted:

do you want my selfsuck vid for fallout new vegas

After Wetbutt I think all selfsuck vids have been ruined forever

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Papa Daedalus posted:

My dad works at Nintendo

my dad is korean and owns nintendo bitch

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"I am 25 years old and a fighter pilot and we're gonna gently caress up those terrorist that bombed US embassies" - some 13-year old who was in charge of a Jedi Knight clan in 1998

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Someone told me this topic would be fun.

Also, if you walk around 245 steps in Pokemon Blue while pressing B, then talk to a character and then battle a Snorlax, you'll glitch the game and you'll be the proud owner of Mew!

(This was before I even knew Mew was in the game. It then took me 5 minutes to get Mew using a GameGenie/GameShark)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

"Final fantasy xiii is good"

lol

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
Smashing B would make sure you captured a Pokemon.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Grawl posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have a super rare pokemon card with yoshi on it, but i cant show you because i hid it behind my dresser for safe keeping and that thing weighs like a million pounds so you cant move it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the materia that falls out of aeris dies hair is real and you need to collect it from the pool of water it falls into somehow to revive her.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Press D to Dance

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Helldump lives but you have to post hardcore enough to be invited into this secret post-fight club

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The Witcher is an exciting and fun series and way better than Skyrim

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
were making an oddworld quintology

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Grawl posted:

in red/blue it increased your chance but wasn't guaranteed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you spend 3 days in the woods in GTA San Andreas without turning the game off Bigfoot shows up and kills you

In Mass Effect your choices matter

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Benny D posted:

in red/blue it increased your chance but wasn't guaranteed

In that case it's justified.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what buttons did you guys press when capturing pokemon to try and make the capture work.

I would press left and right in sync with the ball moving, and press "A" when the ball should click.

In the more recent games I hold down "A" until the ball opens and the pokemon goes inside.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
up + b on the puff of smoke, hold until you capture that fucker

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
You can get Blastoise and Venusaur to appear in Pokemon Snap.

There's a nude code for Spice World.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
there are women who play games that arent minecraft and candy crush

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Grawl posted:

Someone told me this topic would be fun.

Also, if you walk around 245 steps in Pokemon Blue while pressing B, then talk to a character and then battle a Snorlax, you'll glitch the game and you'll be the proud owner of Mew!

(This was before I even knew Mew was in the game. It then took me 5 minutes to get Mew using a GameGenie/GameShark)

That's actually kind of similar to the glitch you use to get mew without a game shark.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Action Tortoise posted:

You can get Blastoise and Venusaur to appear in Pokemon Snap.

Someone told me you could transer your Pokemon from your Game Boy games into Snap to take photos of them, along with the inevitable 30 step method of getting a Mew by swapping the weird gas ball things for Pokeballs.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

CharlestonJew posted:

In Mass Effect your choices matter

This but telltale

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lord of Bore posted:

Someone told me you could transer your Pokemon from your Game Boy games into Snap to take photos of them, along with the inevitable 30 step method of getting a Mew by swapping the weird gas ball things for Pokeballs.

That would have been cool and possible back when there were only 151.

There was supposed to be a kode to unlock human Sektor and Cyrax.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I actually didn't believe my friend about the sinking lure in Zelda 64. The way he told me about hit every red flag about stupid gamer lies and I called bullshit.

"Well, you just have to go to the fishing area and run around the wall. I think it might be a specific number of times, but I don't remember. Eventually you get this lure and it catches the largest fish in there that you can't get normally and you get a special item from the shopkeeper."

Turned out he was loving right. He brought his n64 over and ran around for like an hour straight and then found it. Couldn't loving believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"No, really, I swear: Final Fantasy XIII is a good game."

• Locked thread