Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

Press alt+f4 to download the map faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Press f10 to report hackers.

Valve why did you have to change it? :(

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

limaCAT posted:

I had an obnoxious friend of a friend who

2) some years later I saw him again and his father had a 586 at work when 486s were the hot new thing

586 was actually a thing but not from Intel, IIRC it was also-ran Cyrix who made it. Of course the reason it made a decent name is the reason it also makes a compelling lie; the 486 followed the 386 which followed the 286, so a 586 was only a natural thing to exist. This doesn't mean he wasn't lying, only that unlike stuff regarding the truck in Pokemon or Final Fantasy being a good game, it's possible he wasn't lying.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Someone told me in Junior High that after the boss fight with Demyx in Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora stabs him through the head and he explodes.

Disappointed.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
pikablu, which turned out to be pikablueshit, or, hm, i guess that doesnt work. pikablu...sh... hmmm, how about, it turned out be, a massive loving lie! man.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Someone once told me, that the world is going to roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape, of an L, on her fore head.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Red_October_7000 posted:

586 was actually a thing but not from Intel, IIRC it was also-ran Cyrix who made it. Of course the reason it made a decent name is the reason it also makes a compelling lie; the 486 followed the 386 which followed the 286, so a 586 was only a natural thing to exist. This doesn't mean he wasn't lying, only that unlike stuff regarding the truck in Pokemon or Final Fantasy being a good game, it's possible he wasn't lying.

no that little poo poo was definitely lying, the 5x86 came out two years AFTER pentium

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

pikablu, which turned out to be pikablueshit, or, hm, i guess that doesnt work. pikablu...sh... hmmm, how about, it turned out be, a massive loving lie! man.

I saw a japanese pokemon card (not for the game) in a comic store and invented all sorts of stories about the characters on it based on little evidence

Dec 26, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Someone once told me, that the world is going to roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape, of an L, on her fore head.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Simon's Quest lies to the player a lot does that count?

Graveyard duck.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

You all remember the cake? HEH. The cake was a lie!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

LordHippoman posted:

Someone told me in Junior High that after the boss fight with Demyx in Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora stabs him through the head and he explodes.

Disappointed.

Goofy dies in Kingdom Hearts II.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
plugging and turning on the s-box on ps2 makes the games load faster

i still have no idea what s-box even do

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love the Power Glove

It's so bad

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
half life 3 is a thing

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MY friend Jason used to call me up whenever he rented a game and tlak me through the actions that were happening on screen at the same time because I didn;t have a playstation, but before the opening cinematic was done, the games would always devolve into crazy ex adventures like Crash 1, Crash's big boner is having sex with his girlfriend Resident evil, the zombies are sucking off the player etc and I believed him.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
blowing in the cartridge does nothing

fuckin liar you aren't even my real dad

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
for a while it was "Mmo is getting a console release."

Romero never made me his bitch

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
possibly not worth mentioning but in elementary school I fell for the "my dad/uncle/friend works at sony/nintendo" + "tomb raider nude code" gag. It was like... up left right triangle right square square... type poo poo. I tried it out and it didn't work. Wasn't sure if he punked me, or if his dad lied to him.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Widestancer posted:

I love the Power Glove

It's so bad

Technically that's not a lie.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

press alt+f4 to get free money in cs

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet
the xbox one is not good

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The Last Guardian will be released for PS3 :argh:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Myron posted:

The Last Guardian will be released for PS3 :argh:

Your post made me remember a Fallout Lie

"Myron is worth saving and a valuable member of your crew in combat"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
myron is worth saving because of the ending montage you get with him tho

i don't think that requires you to keep him around, but yea. after how big a douchebag he is to you it's a happy ending to see that he gets his poo poo ruined in reno

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Playing a low intelligence high charisma female will get you raped by Myron after he spikes your drink

This is not a lie though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
what also is not a lie is that he is a teenager, so if you murder him it counts toward the like 3 child murders you need to get Childkiller

still tho even if you don't

quote:

Myron died less than a year after the defeat of the Enclave, stabbed by a jet addict while drinking in the Den. His discovery of jet was quickly forgotten, and now there is no one who remembers his name.
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/e/e5/Fo2_Myron_DeadAndForgotten.ogg

fucker gets his, though i guess it was the den and not reno

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Coolguye posted:

what also is not a lie is that he is a teenager, so if you murder him it counts toward the like 3 child murders you need to get Childkiller

still tho even if you don't

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/e/e5/Fo2_Myron_DeadAndForgotten.ogg

fucker gets his, though i guess it was the den and not reno

Uh oh Myron is a teenager and Fallout 2 includes a rape involving him

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Ok, sorry, man. So Final Fantasy XIII isn't exactly all I claimed it was. Sorry about that. I'll own that mistake. But hey, Final Fantasy XIII-2? Bear with me now: it's legitametly a Good Game."

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The witcher is a good game. Dark souls is a good game. Doom is a good game. Deus ex is a good game.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Widestancer posted:

Uh oh Myron is a teenager and Fallout 2 includes a rape involving him

It's really epic that the retards at black isle thought it was a good idea to make a game where you can get raped.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

The witcher is a good game. Dark souls is a good game. Doom is a good game. Deus ex is a good game.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Gee I wonder why interplay went under.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

It's really epic that the retards at black isle thought it was a good idea to make a game where you can get raped.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ragg posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Lol.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
there is a trigun mmo coming out for the dreamcast

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Omally posted:

there is a trigun mmo coming out for the dreamcast

Hey that sounds chill. *checks out title of the thread* FFfffffuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
a lie from a fellow gamer is much more painful than a lie from a non-gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
a painful but important lesson

"you can totally play as luigi if you fly around the castle tower three times and then into the princess peach stained glass and then go to the second world second star and do a hundred triple jumps on top of the tower also yoshi is totally hidden in the metal hat world"

• Locked thread