Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Well THAT sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Actually it ruled marry me Peyton Manning's forehead.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can't believe I finally (probably) got a win with my lovely team.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Well THAT sucked.

Yes it did. That Packers Lions game was such a poo poo show.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Arian Foster was out, Vernon Davis was out, LeSean was gone most of the game, Aaron Rodgers couldn't do anything, and all the reports SAID DeAngelo Williams was going to play, so I doubled-down on Panther RBs thinking the Steelers would get beat on the ground. Not only did Williams not play, but the Steelers absolutely crushed the run game.

gently caress this week.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Two of the three undefeated teams have already secured a loss today, I'm hoping for a huge night from Matt Forte to make it a trio.

Also, look at those 20 point WRs on my bench. Anyone want a freshly minted Jordan Matthews? Going price is a defense that isn't the Miami Dolphins.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Vargo posted:

so I doubled-down on Panther RBs

Well, the writing was on the wall with that tactic.

e: Looks like unless Matt Forte drops 30, we'll only have one undefeated team left in the league going into week 4.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Well, the writing was on the wall with that tactic.

My only other shot was to play Hurns or Boldin, neither of which would have helped me win, but would have at least scored points, since I started an injured man.

Mockingjaycutler, you have a trade proposition.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone want my Tennessee Garbagemen players? Free to a good home.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Two of the three undefeated teams have already secured a loss today, I'm hoping for a huge night from Matt Forte to make it a trio.

Also, look at those 20 point WRs on my bench. Anyone want a freshly minted Jordan Matthews? Going price is a defense that isn't the Miami Dolphins.

Sent you a trade proposal.

EDIT: Juuuuuuust kidding, no I didn't. Rethought my strategy.

RE-EDIT: Okay, for realsies this time.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 22, 2014

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If I had realized White wasn't playing and subbed in Floyd, and bit the bullet on giving up on my sweet autodraft selection of Gerhart and put in Fred Jackson like I agonized over, I'd have won this week. The lesson is, I guess, that I suck at fantasy football.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hey Yoshifan, did you reject my trade proposal? It's cool, but I was expecting a message from Yahoo saying "Your trade has been rejected" or something like that. Instead it's just... not there.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vargo posted:

Hey Yoshifan, did you reject my trade proposal? It's cool, but I was expecting a message from Yahoo saying "Your trade has been rejected" or something like that. Instead it's just... not there.

I did, yeah. I don't trust the Rams D much further than I can throw them. I dunno why it didn't send you a message.

DeimosRising posted:

If I had realized White wasn't playing and subbed in Floyd, and bit the bullet on giving up on my sweet autodraft selection of Gerhart and put in Fred Jackson like I agonized over, I'd have won this week. The lesson is, I guess, that I suck at fantasy football.

Toby Gerhart is a pox upon the game of football.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I did, yeah. I don't trust the Rams D much further than I can throw them. I dunno why it didn't send you a message.

Toby Gerhart is a pox upon the game of football.

I tried to talk myself into it not being a terrible selection when I missed the first 10 minutes of the draft and ended up with him but...he's garbage.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Russell Wilson's War has shattered the season's worst score record by about 8 points; so far that record has been revised weekly. A Most Wanted Manning is now officially the only undefeated team, but in terms of cumulative score, it is clear that true power lies in the Robin Williams division with four teams attaining over 300 points so far to the Hoffman division's one.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm excited to come in with my Rainman FF skills and pilot an autodraft team to the playoffs.

Hahaha who am I kidding this will be a rerun of the year that made me quit fantasy football where I went 6-0 then missed the playoffs.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

weekly font posted:

I'm excited to come in with my Rainman FF skills and pilot an autodraft team to the playoffs.

Hahaha who am I kidding this will be a rerun of the year that made me quit fantasy football where I went 6-0 then missed the playoffs.

Happened to me last year in my other league. Fantasy football is fun because it's so swingy as to be almost random, embrace it or embrace agony.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Looks like my hopes for the week (and frankly, the season) rest upon Drew Brees in primetime vs. a historically porous Dallas secondary. I'll take those odds. :cool:

e: :negative:

Kull the Conqueror fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 29, 2014

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Me and Swarm have a hell of a Monday Night to agonize through. :hfive:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like my hopes for the week (and frankly, the season) rest upon Drew Brees in primetime vs. a historically porous Dallas secondary. I'll take those odds. :cool:

e: :negative:

:smug:

I feel your pain, it must really suck putting up the third highest point total of the season, and still losing to the first 150+ point total of the season.

:smug:

edit: also, holy poo poo Vargo what wizard did you piss off?

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 29, 2014

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

News: The Patriots are gonna lose bad. That's cool.
Views: gently caress you Jamaal Charles.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Yoshifan823 posted:

edit: also, holy poo poo Vargo what wizard did you piss off?

Look at all those "O" next to my mans! O means outstanding, right? :downs:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Why are my points on my sucky team going backwards?

Oh, I see, I was forced to start Brady on a horrible bye week - figures.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm completely happy with this week's performance. Put up a league high performance while down a WR1, RB1, and Flex starter.

Also, I'm gonna be in 2nd place because Jamaal Charles decided to be Jamaal Charles tonight. No matter how lovely I fare against my other leagues, it's nice to know that I'm gonna shitkick you lot year after year (until I lose in the finals!)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I ain't even mad about losing by 6 while Peyton's off. It just means I ain't losing again. :c00lbert:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I looked at Vargo's week and was like "drat, I've never seen such a disappointing output," but then I saw Aaron Rodgers was benched for Jay Cutler and my sympathies morphed into cackling merriment.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I looked at Vargo's week and was like "drat, I've never seen such a disappointing output," but then I saw Aaron Rodgers was benched for Jay Cutler and my sympathies morphed into cackling merriment.

It wouldn't have done me any good even if I had played Rodgers!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

The rest of your team would have been inspired to play better.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vargo posted:

The shame of not even scoring 50 points would be replaced by the shame of not scoring above 60.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

My team is straight bad y'all. Luckily there's no chance that Donnell won't score 3 tds a week from here on out so I'm saved!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Who wants a Jay Cutler? Get yer Jay Cutlers right here! For the price of a decent RB. Or WR. Or hell even a pretty good TE, I am so hosed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Who wants a Jay Cutler? Get yer Jay Cutlers right here! For the price of a decent RB. Or WR. Or hell even a pretty good TE, I am so hosed.

You're projected to beat me though? I think you're doing alright. :smug:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Ah yes, the always super-accurate Yahoo predictions.

Swarm
Aug 18, 2014

by XyloJW

weekly font posted:

Me and Swarm have a hell of a Monday Night to agonize through. :hfive:

That was nuts. I seriously lucked out in so many ways there.

Swarm fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 2, 2014

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This is my worst league every year. I think all my bad luck just gets focused here so I can succeed in other ones.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone interested in Khiry Robinson?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Goddammit Yahoo, let me cut LeSean McCoy already.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My team is about as successful as Scotty J's love life. I chose the wrong right mascot. :(

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vargo posted:

Goddammit Yahoo, let me cut LeSean McCoy already.

Is he injured, or just underwhelming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Is he injured, or just underwhelming?

When asked if he was injured McCoy replied, "It doesn't matter." So both.

• Locked thread