Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
The perception that he was absolutely innocent and could do no harm I'm assuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
I haven't commented on this thread and I don't know what truly happened that day but I find it hard that a police officer would give up a 60K a year gig with benefits to shoot a black guy he's never met just because.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Badera posted:

Hmm, yes, clearly the town residents are the problem. There's just...something about them.

I would've gone with the Molotov cocktail pic

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Nonsense posted:

None of the residents of Furguson most likely, as many of them helped protect a lot of property from looting and damage, but that doesn't jive with the poo poo agenda you're pulling out of your rear end to fling around.

Well that RIP Mike Mike kind of supports the fact that its locals.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

The Droid posted:

Please post that. I haven't seen it.

Molotov cocktails of peace
And no, that's not a straw

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Woozy posted:

:qq: The police have rifles, body armor, tear gas, and a giant noise laser but those peaceful protesters have molotov cocktails :qq:

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Ferguson has hired a PR firm. They are all white people. Way to find a PR firm that can handle your case with the proper viewpoint.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/city-of-ferguson-public-relations-common-ground

That's about as shocking as seeing an all-black basketball team.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Those are certainly visibly lit and seen being thrown at police officers.

No, I believe they were actually poured out onto the ground in memory of their 'dead homies'.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

these pictures of unthrown weapons sure are convincing

would you stop being such a chickenshit and just say friend of the family already? you're not fooling anyone with this just asking questions nonsense

Unlike you, I don't immediately see the headline, pick my side, then dig the moat and build the fort.
Stop pidgeonholing someone who doesn't agree with your side of the story. This thread has turned into the equivalent of Saddam's regime where all must think the same. Everyone either agrees with eachother than Cops summarily executed an upstanding citizen with their hands up 35 feet away, all of Ferguson PD are trigger-happy racist pricks, the robbery is a smear campaign and might not have been him, cops just shot tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesting children, no one protesting was violent, people brought molotov cocktails only for 'show and tell', and know one committed crimes, but if they did, they definitely weren't from Ferguson. Anyone that doesn't agree with this is squashed mercilessly and painted a racist.
Stop splitting the discussion into with us or with them.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Xandu posted:

What's the alternative? That they were just carrying them for the hell of it? I find that less likely.

Get out.

Oh my bad, I thought the sarcasm was obvious

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I'm calling you a racist because you're making coded racist statements. Like many racists you're too much of a coward to come out and say these things openly, so you flirt with racism by saying in the most roundabout way you can that black people are inherently violent. The problem is that you're not nearly clever enough to get away with it, instead getting defensive and huffy when people point out your obviously stupid and lovely attitude.

gently caress you.
If I was a racist don't you think the internet would be the place to let my racist hate out?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

On Terra Firma posted:

There should be a padded soundproof room in every city or town where white people can just go in and scream "friend of the family" until they're blue in the face. Maybe if they just get it out of their system they can chill the gently caress out.

There is, it's called Home. How else do you think their children grow up to become so hosed up?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Peven Stan posted:

Pretty much a do as I say not as I do deal with whites. Go on a rant about blacks and plead the first if you're white. Go on a rant about whites if you're black and watch as former first amendment fans forget about "freedom of speech"

Tell that to Anthony Cumia

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

I hope Anthony Cumia gets stopped and frisked and then arrested for carrying a concealed firearm in NYC.

He is one of the few who has a license to conceal carry, wise guy.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

archangelwar posted:

Yeah, but he isn't black, so that would make it a welcome improvement in the stop and frisk policy.

Did you not get enough Iodine as a child?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

I need more information on what the colored hive mind demands.

It seems like many here already know what the white AND black hive minds are thinking

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

bassguitarhero posted:

Nope. They want a trial. Literally just a trial. Would some people like to see Darren Wilson get the death penalty? Sure. Would they like to see him get an eye for an eye? Sure. But what the "movement" wants is a trial. I was in Ferguson the week after the shooting, and was getting a ride to the airport on my last day and asked the taxi driver what the protestors want, all he said, "We just want him to go on trial. Like, if a cop knows that killing a black person means they'll go on trial, maybe they'll do it less often."

The demands of the protestors is so low that they're just asking for a trial, not even one they expect to win, just in the possibility that it would mean cops would think twice before shooting a black person.

And you believed him?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

zoux posted:

Stop trying to twist this into a "they are just hurting themselves smh" paternal white person narrative.

What the hell are you talking about? That's a legitimate question and concern. I doubt any businesses will be coming to Ferguson and by the looks of it, many will leave/never come back. Don't warp everything down into a racial issue.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

zoux posted:

Haha yes all of this has nothing to do with race at all.

Asking whether a burnt down business will come back or not isn't.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

RoanHorse posted:

My father just loving told me, because he punched an officer, Mike Brown was an rear end in a top hat--someone that would have bullied me when I was in school.
No Angel (tm) indeed.

(My parents are very progressive but they are the sort that checks their privilege to just beyond average and as a consequence they can't entirely empathise with minorities, resulting in lots of instances where their statements appear intellectually dishonest or dissonant but they are more adequate in supporting their world view.)

Well it looks like the trait of thinking you can analyze someone when you're probably wrong was passed down from father to son.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Skeesix posted:

I had a thought about the protest thing:

Has there ever been a case where a black policeman has shot an unarmed white person of age 18 or younger? If so, what sort of jail time has been involved?

Yes.And it happened AFTER the Brown shooting.
http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop-kills-white-man-media-hide-race/

Btw, This took me like 7 seconds of googling.

Edit: looks like this news clip is from a VERY biased towards whites site but the events did occur nonetheless.

towelieban fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 25, 2014

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Sailor-Arrakis posted:

It's disheartening that people are using this as some sort of counterpoint. You know what this says? That police brutality and militarization are real things that are happening and they shouldn't go unnoticed. That police abuse their power on a consistent basis and it's terrifying. It does not say that white people are somehow being discriminated against on a national level and it certainly doesn't take away from everything this situation with Brown is about.

yes......Yes.....YES!!! loving Yes!

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

zoux posted:

Whoa this source also tells me that Obama smoked weed with Billy Joel at the White House!! Retard.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/ferguson-could-spark-renewed-interest-utah-case/

Here you go.

e: This one took me 6! seconds of googling this time.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Periodiko posted:

lol from WND to the washington times. I mean it's an improvement... I guess...

Let me guess. You're the type of guy that sends their food back in the restaurant irregardless if it was made to your order or not just to prove a point?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm used to seeing megathreads eventually end up with some dumbass citing worldnetdaily without knowing what they are, but I don't remember seeing anyone trying to defend them afterwards. That was neat.

Yea that was my mistake i just did a quick google without checking the site. I posted a second link from Washington Times

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Effectronica posted:

That's not how voting works.

how does it work then?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

Red Pyramid posted:

Planned protests in the ilk of MLK and Ghandi and the spontaneous riots that erupt from them are two separate things. Protests are about hope, riots are about rage and, in the worst case, despair. The Ferguson case is a prime example of the impartiality of the legal system failing to overcome the incompetent racist hacks who infest it, and it's understandable that many are interpreting it as a signal that black people just don't have a legitimate avenue to justice. Violent outbursts have been a part of literally every progressive revolution and civil rights battle throughout history. You hear about the leaders who had the genius to channel that rage into something positive, but all of them were preceded by plenty of violence.

Looting and violence sucks, and it doesn't progress a cause in a legitimate way. The same goes for Palestinian terrorism, guillotining shopkeepers, Mandela's call to arms for the ANC, and plenty of other terrible consequences of oppression. But here's a newsflash: oppression is going to engender lovely reactions. It's not the onus of the oppressed to reform the system, because they don't have the power to do so in a system that's designed to deny them a voice - it's the onus of the oppressor.

All the examples of oppression you listed make the oppression seen with Blacks in America seem miniscule. You honestly can't go comparing Apartheid with what's happening in America. That's just an insult to those who actually experienced the Apartheid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
Looks like the beat the poo poo out of him too.

• Locked thread