Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
After hearing about things like this, I hope President Obama is successful in federalizing local and state police departments.

Apparently nobody can be trusted to do the right thing without proper oversight.

And perhaps the number of innocent people murdered in cold blood (like Michael Brown) by racist, homicidal white pigs (like Darren Wilson) will decrease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nobody is trying to do that.

That's not even a thing that can be done in America.

Why not?

President Obama can do whatever he wants. It's called the Executive Order. If he doesn't like an existing law, he can just change it with his pen. That's how America works.

We need to stop things like this from ever happening again. When an innocent, defenseless boy raises his hands and asks a police officer to not shoot, that officer shouldn't immediately fire several rounds into that sweet African-American child. We need to change the way things work in this country.

I'm glad they burned Ferguson to the ground in defiance of the disgusting racist cops.

We should be willing to accept dramatic change for the good of this country.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Everyday Lurker posted:

I'd accept that explanation if it weren't for legions of white middle-classers letting their own fears and prejudices make them deliberately dismissive of these problems. It's very easy for the average white person whose biggest fear is having their kids surrounded by blacks in a lovely school district to dismiss minority groups' experiences with cops. It's a lot harder to actually empathize with those people at the expense of pissing off your own tribe and questioning everything you know and do.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help when large groups of minorities rally behind falsehoods, as Eric Holder confirmed.

I mean, how hard is it to dismiss a blatant lie?

It's also a good example of how large groups of people (not just minorities) can be easily misled, and inspired to engage in acts of arson and/or violence. Also, I heard that Michael Brown's mother might have her day in court for assaulting her own relatives and stealing money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLlDzWt7TPc

There were a lot of bad things that went on that could have made it easy for racist white people to dismiss the arguments made by African-Americans. Alternatively, one almost has to wonder why people wanted to believe the "Hands up, don't shoot" thing so badly that they were willing to ignore the facts and reality of the situation.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Zeitgueist posted:

Yeah black folks really, really really want to believe that unarmed black people get murdered by cops, it's not like this is a thing that happens.

I think the word "murder" is a bit strong here.

Darren Wilson was acting in self defense. Are you saying that cops should not defend themselves against unarmed black people that try to take their guns?

Darren Wilson would be dead right now if he had let Michael Brown take his gun.

And on an unrelated note, it is possible to kill someone with just your hands.

VVVV - Who said he did that? Aside from you, of course.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 5, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's hosed, LC's is good poo poo when you're poor. It's like Ramen though you gotta throw some poo poo at it to really make it shine.

Pfffft... I used to eat ramen with just the flavor packet. :sun:

That said, all you really need to make bad food shine is Tabasco sauce. It covers up all the (worse) flavors.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 5, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

semper wifi posted:

So can I get an apology from all the people who called me a racist when I said exactly the same stuff the DOJ just did? How about a better avatar?

Sometimes I wonder what the word "racist" really means.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Space Whale posted:

Wait, isn't whether or not Wilson did anything wrong completely independent of whether or not the Ferguson PD (or any PD in the nation, rather) is racist and hosed up or not?

Also, money doesn't actually make up for a wrecked life, unless a new life is for sale at that price!

Martin Luther King, Jr. posted:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

I wish I lived in a world where Americans were judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
^^^^^ - Michael Brown definitely said "Hands up, don't shoot", right?

Animal-Mother posted:

I'm judging you by the content of your posts and I think you're pretty terrible.

Luke 6:29

"If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other cheek as well. If someone takes your coat, don't stop him from taking your shirt."

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 6, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

tezcat posted:

Pretty much..
Probably not. Here's why..
So in the end you have a guy that is conditioned to gently caress with black kids he didn't have business loving with in the first place and finally ends up killing someone when he gets his fat pale playdoh looking body out of his vehicle shooting an unarmed college aged or younger kid.

Retarded white guy armed with a gun in vehicle escalates situation against unarmed youth that ends up with youth dead. Sound familiar?

That sounds racist as hell.

You forgot to use the phrase "creepy rear end cracker".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQboLRQyyg

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 6, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

PT6A posted:

The fact that a very high standard is required to convict someone of a crime is a benefit of the system, not a flaw. The fact that this high standard is often ignored by juries and prosecutors in cases against minorities and other marginalized groups is the issue that needs fixing very urgently, but that fix cannot be accomplished by lowering the standards that everyone is supposed to abide by.

I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_NVzIuEjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZZQzyhp7g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnAFCLGWl_Y

:devil:

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 6, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

I also am fairly certain that there wasn't a good reason for Wilson to be so aggressive towards Brown in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ga8xM8W4M

Notice how Michael Brown clearly paid the clerk before leaving. He was innocent, and a gentle giant, guys.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 6, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Too bad Wilson didn't know any of this had transpired when he stopped Brown for jaywalking.

George Zimmerman didn't know that Trayvon Martin had gotten kicked out of his school for burglary when he encountered the innocent black boy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

So if someone is suspected of a crime, police can do whatever they want because large black kids are scary

I honestly don't know why people are defending Michael Brown.

Is it because they hate the police so much that they are willing to outright lie in order to prove... :confused:

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
They are saying now that they have caught the shooter of the two cops. Supposedly they were shot by accident.

I think that is a shame, considering how racist the police are.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

eSporks posted:

What does shot by accident mean? Do you have a link?

Suspect admits to firing shots that struck two officers in Ferguson

quote:

St. Louis County Police have confirmed that the suspected shooter of two police officers early Thursday morning outside of the Ferguson police department is in custody. Jeffrey Williams, 20, of north St. Louis County, has been charged with two counts of first-degree assault, firing a weapon from a vehicle, and two counts of armed criminal action. He is in custody with cash-only bail set at $300,000.

At a Sunday afternoon news conference, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch said that Williams has admitted to firing the shots that struck the officers. Williams was at the protest in Ferguson Wednesday. He left, possibly after a dispute, and then later returned and fired shots from inside a vehicle, possibly at someone other than police. A handgun has been recovered and matches shell casings from the scene.

If it wasn't for all the racism, this innocent African-American would not have been shooting at police officers from a car. He is the true victim, not those racist police officers.

Besides, he wasn't even trying to kill the police officers (as evidenced by their survival)... he was trying to murder someone else.

The police officers were said to have had their hands up, and there are claims that they asked Jeffrey Williams not to shoot them. The ironing is delicious.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 15, 2015

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I heard it was legit in Ferguson to shoot at someone you think might possibly have committed a robbery.

But only if you and the robber are both African-American.

I've heard from a few coworkers that are neither black or white that they think the media is just trying to get people riled up about this because they want people to riot, or have a civil war, or something like that, because blood sells papers.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

So a local pastor says Williams told him that someone or some people who were at the protest had robbed him at some prior time. He left and then returned and fired several shots from his car into the crowd.

:cop:

If Williams had spent more time at the range, honing his marksmanship skills, anywhere from one to three protesters would be dead. But now we have two injured police officers.

#blacklivesmatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
I think the real reason the police got shot was because the locals didn't trust the Ferguson police department.

If Jeffrey Williams had felt comfortable reporting the theft to the fat, greasy, donut eating bacon filled pigs, then he wouldn't have felt he needed to take the law into his own hands, and he never would have tried to kill that protester, which resulted in him accidentally injuring two police officers.

The police have nobody to blame but themselves. Especially that one oinker that got shot in the face with a .40 caliber bullet. gently caress the police.

I hope they give Jeffrey the key to the city for helping to expose the corruption in Ferguson. We should all chip in a little money to help him pay his bail. This man deserves to be free.

People like Jeffrey Williams are the same as the slaves that helped build the White House, and white people are keeping him down.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread