Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Falsum posted:

I haven't played any of the Silent Hill but isn't it a series that couldn't be more different from Del Toro and Kojima's movies/games if it tried?

Could still be entertaining though.

Pan's Labyrinth really isn't too far off from being a silent hill movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

on one hand i don't expect anything good from silent hill anymore, on the other hand the big names attached to it have me intrigued. the positive and the negative cancel each other out, and all knowledge of silent hill in my brain is annihilated in a perfect nullifying blast and i've already forgotten what this thread is about or for and i will never think of this game again.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"They look like private military contractors to you?"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pure win. Two great taste's that taste great together.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the only silent hill game i've seen all the way through is shattered memories and that game was dumb as hell. i'm a baby irl so i get scared easily, and while shattered memories got me a bit creeped out at first that all went away the moment i realized there wasn't any danger except in the designated spooky zone, and even then all the tension vanishes when you are running around aimlessly trying to find where the gently caress the game wants you to be. the monsters weren't even scary, they were goofy as hell.

anyway the demo they put out for this seems to be infinitely scarier than shattered memories, so i'm probably never going play it. well, bye.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hmm. shatmems, despite being the least lazy sh game since the room, has a scaritude of negative 500

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
getting lost in the insane nightmare loops in shattered memories was really cool and spooky

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

P.T. was pretty good

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

P.T. was pretty good

Pretty..good.. :ocelot:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

quakster posted:

hmm. shatmems, despite being the least lazy sh game since the room, has a scaritude of negative 500

i thought Downpour was interesting occasionally.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
"Mama mia, thatsa' spicy monster!" Guillermo Del Toro pinches his fingers to his lips and kisses them noisily. "The hips'a and the tits'a and the lacka-da-face'a!"

Kojima peers over Del Toro's humongous round shoulders with eyes that are obliterated by his glasses. Although he says nothing, he gives the slightest of affirmative nods.

"This'a monsters gonna have'a eyes that you can toss'a round the level!" Del Toro continues proudly.

After a few moments, Kojima climbs into a cardboard box that their refrigerator came in, sits down, and closes the flap. Minutes later, the room reeks of human poo poo.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"Mama mia, thatsa' spicy monster!" Guillermo Del Toro pinches his fingers to his lips and kisses them noisily. "The hips'a and the tits'a and the lacka-da-face'a!"

Kojima peers over Del Toro's humongous round shoulders with eyes that are obliterated by his glasses. Although he says nothing, he gives the slightest of affirmative nods.

"This'a monsters gonna have'a eyes that you can toss'a round the level!" Del Toro continues proudly.

After a few moments, Kojima climbs into a cardboard box that their refrigerator came in, sits down, and closes the flap. Minutes later, the room reeks of human poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Really? He's mexican, not italiano.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Wormskull posted:

Really? He's mexican, not italiano.

Sure looked like an Italian when I saw him eating an entire x-large pizza by himself, once upon a time.

He went to the bathroom and was in there for twenty minutes. Then I overheard him trying to get a "whole can of Suet" put on top of a second pizza.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

more like del-taco

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Sure looked like an Italian when I saw him eating an entire x-large pizza by himself, once upon a time.

He went to the bathroom and was in there for twenty minutes. Then I overheard him trying to get a "whole can of Suet" put on top of a second pizza.

That's epic as hell,.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

more like del-taco

What's your problem?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well done on the magic cake, strange anime guy who writes gigantic diatribes about the craziest things I ever seen on a video game forum, short of the guy from Badgame who wants to murder all black people in Europe for attacking his mom on a bus.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Well done on the magic cake, strange anime guy who writes gigantic diatribes about the craziest things I ever seen on a video game forum, short of the guy from Badgame who wants to murder all black people in Europe for attacking his mom on a bus.

That guys really epic and I wish he'd post more.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

That guys really epic and I wish he'd post more.

It wouldn't matter to me, aside from hearing about it and laughing the first time, but then quickly losing interest, as that forum is for scum.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Devil Tesla posted:

I hate that I'm excited for this.

Fixed, game is gonna be garbage. Last time Hideo Kojima tried to put subtle nuances in his video games it ended with a giant robot dinosaur driving itself into the sea to kill itself for no reason other than to satisfy the main character's symbolic ties to the stupid thing. There has not been a good Silent Hill game in many years and Guillermo Del Toro will not be able to fix that.

edit: I hold only pessimism for this crap so maybe it'll surprise me hopefully who knows

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 17, 2014

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Try being optimistic for once, face that crushing disappointment head on instead of hiding beneath a veneer of "I've always known this game will suck" attitude. Guillermo can make some really creepy monsters and Kojima obsesses about detail obsessively, so the atmosphere and environment of this Silent Hill is gonna be great. Gonna poo poo so many pants, man.

Then again I haven't played most of the Silent Hill games after 4.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kojima presents Silent Hill: That Dog's Revenge.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

Unguided posted:

Kojima presents Silent Hill: That Dog's Revenge.

would.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
p.t. spooked me and the future wife. i hope that they can make it run at 60 fps and that the camera movement's sluggishness is not in the final game. obvs this is some super pre-game poo poo. but boy that looked good. it sounds like they have a solid shitlord protragnist plot for the game, i just hope it doesn't go slendaman or amnesia

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

CJacobs posted:

Fixed, game is gonna be garbage. Last time Hideo Kojima tried to put subtle nuances in his video games it ended with a giant robot dinosaur driving itself into the sea to kill itself for no reason other than to satisfy the main character's symbolic ties to the stupid thing. There has not been a good Silent Hill game in many years and Guillermo Del Toro will not be able to fix that.

edit: I hold only pessimism for this crap so maybe it'll surprise me hopefully who knows

didnt you beat your girlfriend with a nintendo gamecube

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm gay, so no you probably have me mistaken for someone else

Origins was the last genuinely good silent hill game imo even if carrying around TVs in your inventory was a little silly.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i thought Silent Hill was dead after that lovely hack n slash game they made for it, really glad Kojima's getting to do something other than Metal Gear, even if I'm a big baby who will be too scared to play it myself

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Effectronica posted:

i prefer the idea that the town isn't an active entity at all and all the crazy poo poo is just what people put in it. in sh1 it's alessa (this is talked about in one of the artbooks i think), in sh2 it's everybody except laura, in sh3 it's claudia and heather, in sh4 it's walter and a little henry, and no other silent hill game existed between those and the upcoming one

Downpour owned, don't ignore that game

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

CharlestonJew posted:

i thought Silent Hill was dead after that lovely hack n slash game they made for it,

It came back from the dead :ghost:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

didnt you beat your girlfriend with a nintendo gamecube

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gamers are loving epic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What is he actually talking about there anyway, is that something that really happened

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

hubris.height posted:

p.t. spooked me and the future wife. i hope that they can make it run at 60 fps and that the camera movement's sluggishness is not in the final game. obvs this is some super pre-game poo poo. but boy that looked good. it sounds like they have a solid shitlord protragnist plot for the game, i just hope it doesn't go slendaman or amnesia

The game was made to look and play worse so people would think it was just a small indie game.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sons of liberty never ended. we're all still on the tanker level

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Seshoho Cian posted:

The game was made to look and play worse so people would think it was just a small indie game.

nice

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

short of the guy from Badgame who wants to murder all black people in Europe for attacking his mom on a bus.

What lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know all the details. It's some racist pedophile whom's mom got knocked down by a quote, "loving N-word" on a bus and he heard her yell for help and then he had to get therapy for his murderous racist ambitions. Or something like that. You probably still have an account on there so looking for "loving N****r".

• Locked thread