Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I want to visualize some data, the visualization isn't the problem (yet) the problem would be modeling data.

I want to visualize accelerometer data as positions, (this data can be cleaned and improved with on device magnetometer, barometer, and gyroscope data), by integrating twice and doing more math. Normally this wouldn't be possible(remotely accurate) because the small % errors at each tick cause huge errors when integrated twice. However I know several facts about the movement I am trying to capture that might help me in modeling it. For example approximate distance and target location will probably be known ahead of time, and once moved to a location the device will return near to the starting point. Starting point is also 0,0,0. Is anyone familiar with work like this or could point to resources?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker

ohgodwhat posted:

A Kalman filter, perhaps?

Kalman came up, and I have started doing the research. A normal 2d free body might be a good start with an extra dimension for z added, and there are some good resources for that.

• Locked thread