Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Is there a connecting thread to this or is it all one shots in different universes?

I assume it will be making GBS threads on DC and mainstream comics in general. I think I already read that they communicate with each other using comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This was everything I wanted from a Morrison comic and more. This is going to be amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shameless posted:

Nix Uotan being corrupted is interesting too. Is this the naive young fan or writer turning to the dark side? *cough* geoffjohns *cough*

Yep someone starting all heroic and writing about "heroes", then due to the way that comics work ends up selling out and becoming one of them. See JSA to Infinite Crisis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

chime_on posted:

I'm not hugely clued in to the nuances of the Grant Morrison/Alan Moore beef, but I did find it a little interesting how Multiversity #1 echoed the ideas and themes of Moore's run on Supreme from the 90s. I'm not saying it's a ripoff or anything, but a lot of that meta commentary where characters are aware of other characters being in comic books, the decisions of creatives in the comic book industry are affecting fictional characters emotionally, showing someone holding a comic book that has the actual cover of a previously puiblished book, etc.-- that's all in Moore's Supreme run.

That goes back to Flash as Barry Allen would read comics with Jay Garrick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Last night I dreamed I was a superhero, and it was all very clear, and I swear to God someone mentioned that my evil arch-nemesis was working for the Gentry.

What if the comics are actually magic :tinfoil:

WHY DID YOU READ ULTRA COMICS?!!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Is the final issue going to turn us all into supervillains or something? Or are we already the supervillains for reading and enjoying the series? :ohdear:

It will be a picture of Grant Morrison loving us in the rear end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Grant tries to one-up the Animal Man scene, the last page of the physical comic is a reflective surface showing you as the monster.

So it will time magazines person of the year from a couple of years ago?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Darkseid Is...a master of just chilling out on your couch.

Best thing is how its just another angle from the first time the two interact in The Fourth World Saga.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Probably because nowhere in the book does it say this is a direct sequel to Final Crisis. I haven't read FC yet and I'm having no problems with this so far.

Well the main character from issue 1 was introduced in Final Crisis and we got all his back story there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bairfanx posted:

Most of them were pre-existing on some level or another. At least a few were created by Morrison (some as far back as about 30 years ago), but there's the Millar-based Red Son world, the Waid-based Kingdom Come world, the Earth One that has been curated by JMS and Johns that I refuse to believe is anything more than boring. The Kirby-earth was, well, Kirby, and goes back as far as... was that map in 52? Sliding all of Kirby's stuff onto one world just kinda made sense and helps insulate it too.

While I'm sure there were some that were freshly made up, the only one that I think had no precedent was Earth 13 (and tell me if I'm wrong about Earth 13, because I want to read all of that).

That also means the Kirby Earth includes Pre Crisis Superman since he was part of the Fourth World Saga and Kamandi

• Locked thread