Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

#earthme is so good. Without spoiling anything, Morrison included a bunch of superhero references I like and acknowledged some characters DC has given short shrift that I appreciated. Not to mention the constant stream of criticism/commentary about spoiled kids and apathetic comics/readers.

He also drops a million gallons of foreshadowing about the "haunted comic" that had better start manifesting in more direct ways from this point onward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Latest issue got my hopes up that Multiversity and Convergence will somehow make good on the whole "every comic happened" premise and integrate other DC continuities, if not into the main post-Convergence series, then into continuing Elseworlds books.

If neither, I still greatly enjoyed the romp through DC's history and hope there are more to come.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Die Laughing posted:

The panel architecture gave me an uncomfortable feeling. And I think the empty hand is our hand.

Was anyone else super jazzed during the "rubix cube" sequence where, and maybe I'm reading this wrong, each shot is a rotation of the cube as it's reflecting the story to us as comics panels?

Also, maybe the series ends the way it does so Morrison can do it all again when DC and Marvel decide they can play nice and let their properties share a sandbox.

• Locked thread