Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

redbackground posted:

They don't exactly pop up frequently, but they do every once and awhile (see: Daniel!Morpheus in Morrison's JLA, Death in the pretty great Action Comics "Black Ring" arc starring Lex just before the New52 reboot).

While it's understandable due to their popularity, it's a shame that Dream and Death are the only ones that get little nods and appearances like that. It'd be cool if some of this cosmological stuff touched on the aspect of Destruction quitting his job. While it's a major point of the Sandman series itself you'd think the embodiment the very balance of destruction and creation going on hiatus would be something to touch on.

Maybe that could explain why the Multiverse constantly keeps destroying and reforming itself. There's something off with the destruction and therefore something off with the reconstruction (as it's established the Endless represent both sides of their aspect, death/life, dream/reality, destruction/creation). Obviously there's similar ideas you could touch on with the other Endless. I don't know, I'm just a lowly comics nerd with no writing skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

muscles like this? posted:

It was addressed in Sandman. Destruction talks about how him quitting didn't actually change anything and tries to convince Morpheus that he doesn't have to be so hands on.

I know. My point is that he could be underestimating the effect that his departure had. Specifically like how he underestimated how his leaving would affect the other Endless.

I mostly just would like for Endless other than Death, Destiny, and Dream to figure into this crazy cosmic implosion/reconstitution thing that things seem to be leading up to.

• Locked thread