Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

More Nix Uotan. Cam Stew Captain Marvel. Quitely Watchmen.

I am ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

On a basic level I don't get why Marvel Comics would have to fear or be in danger of DC editoral coming to destroy their things. Well based on the thought that I'm sure this was written pre-influx of terrible editors from DC to Marvel.

On the basic of the book itself I'm going to re-read a bit but it all seems pretty straight forward as far as Morrison things go. It does have a lot of those quotes and singular moments (mostly from Captain Carrot) that made Final Crisis so great.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think his strongest message is "Comic fans are gay."

e: Feeling the chill of probation, facetious comment refers to digital page 26 in the comic.

Hah there wouldn't be a probation. I liked that of course alternate universe Flash and Green Lantern would be a couple.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

fatherboxx posted:

I've always thought that Jim Lee is a worse artist than Liefeld, I am glad that Lee is eager to prove it.

It's a very sloppy piece for Lee, I actually thought it was Liefeld for a second when I saw it.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I'm going to need to re-read this issue (a lot) but god drat Quitely absolutely killed it on the issue. I mean holy crap it's brilliant.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Senor Candle posted:

I going to be perfectly honest and admit that I didn't quite understand everything that happened in this issue but I loved it anyways and I'm going to read it again when I get home.

If someone said they understood everything perfectly the first time I'm calling bullshit because it's easy Morrison's most :psyduck: and dense work in a long time, if ever.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't understand this issue. :(

Grant Morrison says gently caress you to Millar, Moore and the comics culture in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

bairfanx posted:

I really loved the murderous Sivana that had no qualms about killing Billy before he could even talk and how Thunderworld's Sivana was actually a bit disgusted that this was an alternate version of himself. It feels like an excellent comparison between what DC's doing with some of their characters (like, say, having someone cut off the Joker's face) and what they could be doing.

Having the Joker run around with a bullet hole in his head and disfigure himself to give himself a Chelsa smile?

• Locked thread