Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Chris Burnham's #1 variant

Hahaha that loving cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Unmature posted:

Yeah, but Morrison's Animal Man was before that, right?

And meta stuff wasn't invented by comics.

Them why do they call them metahumans, smart guy?!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I feel like the egg's more like the one from JLA/Avengers, especially since there's someone inside of it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I was just thinking a few days ago how great it'd be if an alternate universe Constantine was a corny superhero like that issue of Doom Patrol, and here we are

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Morrison's compared Kirby and Mayan designs before, so the big splash at the end was fun.

It's not just immortal man and vandal savage that have parallels (symmetries?). Fate and Faust even have matching pants!

E: relevant

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 18, 2014

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Count Sinestro and Parallax: literally Yellow Peril.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Crusader posted:

Also, I think Doc Fate's Mayan fortress may itself be a Doc Savage-Superman reference: Savage had the original Fortress of Solitude before DC established one, and Morrison had Superman using a Yucatan base in Action Comics #15.

Didn't Superman have a fortress in Peru before the reboot, though? I'm almost positive

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh god I'm so dumb I just realized with the whole theme of symmetry there's going to be a literally symmetrical issue with earth Charlton

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The goofy gun Damian holds up makes me think of the hyperpoon from All Star Superman, especially since he mentions the 5th dimension (and the primary color scheme)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

hup posted:

The goofy gun Damian holds up makes me think of the hyperpoon from All Star Superman, especially since he mentions the 5th dimension (and the primary color scheme)

hmm

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Reminder:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Haha, nazi Batman's grandpa is Enemy Ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I wish I had superpowers so I could see the "massless time-symmetrical boson" Captain Atom sees on pages 12 and 13

• Locked thread