Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

need for speed hot pursuit actually makes car game kinda enjoyable

lol look at this dork, i bet he thinks all car games play like gran turismo

this is becoming more and more true every year and need for speed is part of the reason why

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got Bionic Commando 2009 because I liked RearMed and I really liked it but then I found out people didn't for some reason. Then I got Dark Void and I thought it was decent but the ending came out of nowhere and went by way too fast but it was really fun being a jetpack man while everyone else was in a cover shooter. Then I found out people didn't like that either.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 14, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Snackula posted:

I like Gran Turismo almost as much as I like Ridge 7 so I'd be completely fine with it if all these games ostensibly moving in a more realistic direction actually ended up feeling like Gran Turismo but they invariably end up blending the worst of both worlds. Like all the Criterion NFSen have this weight to the cars and you can't do ludicrous Burnout Paradise drifts anymore (boo!) but at the same time there's not enough serious sim in there to really make driving around without the arcade excesses very nuanced or interesting. And every Codemasters sim-lite has cars that can spin out but there's not enough feedback and the physics aren't terribly consistent so you've got to use an external cam and just look at what the car is doing in order to catch it in time.

You're p. cool. I recommend you try out Grid 2, that game was made by the Sega Rally Revo guys and it's got actual nice-feeling drifts.

• Locked thread