Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
The new Wolfenstein was surprisingly dope.

Mark of the Ninja was one of the best stealth games I've played and I really wish there were more 2d stealth games in general, let alone ones as well-done as that one.

I didn't think that Legend of Grimrock was really gonna grip me because people talked it up as old-school challenging, but it was piss easy compared to Etrian Odyssey (which was my introduction to that type of dungeon crawling) while still managing to be a really great game with really well-kept secrets.

A lot of people shat all over Fable 2 for being worse than the original but honestly I liked it for its own merits. Fable 1 combat wasn't hard it all and 2 knew it so it just kind of focused on being a blast to mix up combat styles, which it mostly succeeded in. I say mostly because going full magic was boring as gently caress later on because they decided it should be the only fighting style which didn't scale up the damage on its basic attacks, but eh. I also appreciated that the areas were as big as they were, Fable 1 feels like a series of hallways but each zone in 2 felt big enough to explore without trying to be a failed open world thing. Just a shame that Fable 3 took the worst aspects of both games while ditching all the wasted-potential-but-good things in the first two games, the latter of which would have made a game that might have actually lived up to the hype from the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread