Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

I play a lot of games, but this is Imp Zone so who doesn't?

Anyway, sometimes games I play turn out to be fun or at least tolerable in spite of my low expectations!

For example, 'Two Worlds II' is actually a fun game, and not at all bullshit (in the same ways) as the first game. Obviously you have to disregard any story or plot going on, but the freeform character development and interesting equipment upgrade system made the game fun enough to play that I finished it.

Another game I recently found pretty good despite its heritage was 'Pac Man Championship Ediiton DX+' on Steam. I was born in 1981, so I got my fill of the original game by the time I was 5, and it wasn't even that great when I was a kid. But this new game is intense, and the variability and speed really keep me interested despite it still being a pacman game.

One last one I found really fun to play even though it's in a played-out genre by a nobody developer is 'The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing' games. The quips between the main characters are funny or clever, the skill system has lots of options, and hitting werewolves with grenades so hard they explode into gibs is satisfying as heck. Sometimes the fights can be a little unbalanced in favor of the monsters and you get killed, but it's fine because it lets you respawn on the spot. It does start to feel like a slog near the end, but I kept playing to see what the next tier of skills were like, and overall had a good time.

Imp Zone, what games have you played that turned out to be decent when you expected them to be terrible?

All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread