Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is getting kind of weird.

Edit: Yes Martin, drink any random liquid a stranger gives you.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just waiting for Martin's boss to be in on it too.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This show is a lot of fun but has those dumb moments like Martin drinking the coffee or allowing your high value prisoner to stand in the open minutes after he mentions snipers. I like the probable outcome that the conspiracy to hide his identity are the good guys.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Last week's Justified "Bulletville"-style finish was cool, but this show isn't perfect as wormil mentioned.

And why the hell wouldn't that kid run a) back to his bike or b) at least in the direction of our bad guy of the week?

muscles like this? posted:

Just waiting for Martin's boss to be in on it too.

That didn't take long. I just hope they don't further turn this into The Bourne Series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That bomb effect was pretty bad, but whatever. That was also kind of a hand wavey write off of that guy they caught last week.

Kind of inside pool but I'm wondering if there's some behind the scenes stuff with how terrible Tina Majorino's make up has been in the last couple of episodes. Like, someone decided that they have to make sure she doesn't look better than Ali Larter.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They're working on Maggie being the naive nerd ("She's just planning a protest!") versus Crystal (still) being the intelligent, determined, sexy FBI operative ("...let's do some more digging.") this week.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I thought goons loved Sean Bean, why are only five people watching this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The plot in this episode seems to be getting away from them. Like, why are they even really doing any of this anymore?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This show's losing me. Now Crystal is sympathetic toward the feminist?

e- Bean is selling the poo poo out of the tinfoil hat-wearing journalist, though.

Somebody remind me: is Crystal in on the ambiguity to Martin's true life story?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 2, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think so, but I could see there being a twist where she's in on the conspiracy too.

Also, man that young Saudi guy looked like he was an animatronic robot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Legends breaks one of the cardinal rules of TV casting: never cast Ali Larter in anything but a guest spot. I don't see how she got work post Heroes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did have a laugh at Maggie's "Oh, by the way, the main plot is still kind of happening" scene.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
At this point, I'm betting Sean Bean is praying they kill him off so he can go on to better work.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Two-hour season finale's tonight. Probably in time because I've found myself in my "The Bridge" mindset of "I don't know if I'm watching this again if there's a next season".

e- It's the last two episodes back to back. Is TNT just saying "Let's just get this out of the way"?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 9, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they have a second season I kind of hope they focus a little more. This one has been kind of all over the place, they need to decide whether they're doing an overarching story or stand alone cases.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like the Legends much more than this Bourne-ripoff subplot. If we could get more of Sean Bean assuming identities and going merciless on the bad guys. I'd like it more. Maybe this will be an entertaining finish now that the secret's out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who wants to bet that "John Cameron" is Sean Bean?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's Godfather from Generation Kill!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really? REALLY?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So he was part of the plan to steal the money, then felt bad, called in danger close fire, and survived because he got blown into the grave dug for him?

e-

Who wants to bet that "John Cameron" is Sean Bean?

Oh Jesus Christ. :respek:

Oh for gently caress's sake, and you put your prints on the gun.

My question is does the FBI believe that John Cameron really hacked into some super-secure FBI computer system to play "his recorded message"?

At least this show has the patronizing politician down pat.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 9, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, so Spiller wanted a promotion, teamed up with Varex to kill the current Director to give him the job and put Cameron away at the same time by framing him. And the dickhead senator is probably in on it and benefitting somehow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of bizarre that we don't even get a token check in with Maggie or Tony.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

If they have a second season I kind of hope they focus a little more. This one has been kind of all over the place, they need to decide whether they're doing an overarching story or stand alone cases.

I actually really liked the structure of 2-3 episode arcs. Gives the story lines more room to breathe rather than containing them into one episode each. The overarching story I thought was quite well worked in too. Of course it did get a little ridiculous but that's a matter of opinion. Don't suppose there's much chance of season 2 but it wasn't a bad little show overall.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd keep an eye out for an official post-season survey from TNT. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the first time I saw one of those was when Southland was inches from being pushed off the cliff after Season 5.

The show feels a bit more "fanciful" (for lack of a better term) than some of the other similar shows I've watched (Justified, Southland, The Americans, The Bridge, Fargo), but I'd give it a second look to see how Martin/Cameron story plays out. His road to redemption and how the writers put that together could make for a fun second season, and I think that's what they were leading to in the event there is a second season.

The show doesn't draw me in week to week in the "appointment viewing" category like Justified or Southland, which I dreaded the end of the seasons for (though Justified S5 was downright bad at times), but it's not bad if you can look past some of the ridiculousness.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I am surprised that they burned their 'the wife is also involved' currency so quickly. You'd expect that to be the meat of a season 2 or 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of weird how quickly they turned around the family and friends thing from being sinister to protective.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I think I might be the forums' biggest fan of this show. Pretty much loved the season. Then again, I'm a sucker for PMC conspiracy stories. Hope it gets renewed.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Well I enjoyed the season although the finale felt more like a mid-season break. This show is about 90% awesome and 10% stupid (touching the gun, drinking the coffee, etc.), all centered around Martin. Everyone else is just so Sean Bean isn't walking around an empty set. Hopefully there is a S2 and they get the stupid out.

CBJSprague24 posted:

My question is does the FBI believe that John Cameron really hacked into some super-secure FBI computer system to play "his recorded message"?

When the leadership all proclaim Martin/John guilty, the rank and file are going to march on it; our heroes excepted.

This show would be much better if the writers watched a few seasons of Forensic Files.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Renewed!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnts-legends-renewed-second-season-753855

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Good, I enjoyed this show. If they could tighten up the writing just a little that would be great.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Genuinely surprised! When I saw this topic had new posts, I was sure it was cancellation news.

Sean Bean lives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Wow that is very surprising, ratings were in the toilet by the end of the season. I guess they feel the show has a prestige factor with Sean Bean involved. Good news though, i'll definitely be watching the next season.

• Locked thread