Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fellis posted:

"Get out of here stalker" ukranian duty guy really touches my soul

duty scum can gently caress right off

hail freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

http://kotaku.com/5932081/has-glados-from-portal-invaded-the-olympics

this is far and away the most worthless thing kotaku has ever published

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Fellis posted:

I am more of a "Don't just stand there, I SAID COME IN!" guy myself

Dec 26, 2012

Fellis posted:

hawaiian had me at ALOOOOOOHAAA

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

In Gold I kept Picnicker Gina's number in my phone at all times. She did give me a Leaf Stone though. Obviously she wanted my Miracle Seed.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
every other page on gawker media has legit funny people writing for it who take the absolute loving poo poo out of all their respective targets - the media, men, entertainment, sports, food, etc.

but kotaku is an absolute pussycat and would never DARE call, say, Ubisoft a motherfucker for doing something stupid - at best they'll make a 20 paragraph sternly worded Facebook post that amounts to "ya done wrong, but, well, okay then" because they're scared shitless of not being invited to the next shitball exclusive reveal of rear end creed 5 billion

then again this is true of all game journos

games journalism must die

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

lets exterminate the game journos

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
don't kill them, but don't pay them to keep playing good little boys and girls when Mr. Electronic Arts and Mrs. Ubisoft are around

i want these fuckers to be as relentless and mouthy as their betters

pay them to ruin the rear end in a top hat of these companies; who gives a poo poo if they're not going to get exclusive looks or whatever

just read what happened today on Gamespot or Joystiq, then spin it into something actually readable and - maybe, just loving maybe - funny AND also true

readable, funny, and true - gaming journalism's triforce it has yet to grasp

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

matrix ripoff posted:

every other page on gawker media has legit funny people writing for it who take the absolute loving poo poo out of all their respective targets - the media, men, entertainment, sports, food, etc.

but kotaku is an absolute pussycat and would never DARE call, say, Ubisoft a motherfucker for doing something stupid - at best they'll make a 20 paragraph sternly worded Facebook post that amounts to "ya done wrong, but, well, okay then" because they're scared shitless of not being invited to the next shitball exclusive reveal of rear end creed 5 billion

to be fair they basically have to do this because their jobs exist so long as publishers and developers are willing to talk to them. if they actually had balls everyone would just avoid them.

gently caress kotaku tho

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

yeah gawker and jezebel have a lot of funny and interesting arti-hahawehiahiahahauhauhauehueahuehuaeuh AUHEUHEUHEUUHAEUUHEHAUHUEUAHUHEUHEHUEUHE *starts brazilian hollering like a madman for hours*

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
can i still say which pokemon character i would date or has the thread moved on

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Omally posted:

can i still say which pokemon character i would date or has the thread moved on

i'm not the op, but be my guest

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

yeah gawker and jezebel have a lot of funny and interesting arti-hahawehiahiahahauhauhauehueahuehuaeuh AUHEUHEUHEUUHAEUUHEHAUHUEUAHUHEUHEHUEUHE *starts brazilian hollering like a madman for hours*

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

LaTex Fetish posted:

i'm not the op, but be my guest

ok it's lorelei

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
As a kid who would literally ask people, "Do you want to be my friend?" and then add them to a physical list in my desk, I wasn't quite sure how to approach girls on this more romantic matter.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Omally posted:

ok it's lorelei

look at that loving Tentacruel

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I think the tentacruel wants to date her too!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Butt Ghost posted:

look at that loving Tentacruel

i was a tentacruel in one of those "i will name pokemon after you" threads so it all works out

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Cyra posted:

lmao gaming journalism

:chord:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
He should have taken a trip to Korea thats what worked for me.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Soral posted:

http://kotaku.com/5932081/has-glados-from-portal-invaded-the-olympics

this is far and away the most worthless thing kotaku has ever published

Wow.

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

no because io9 is basically a dr who fan blog masquerading as science journalism

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

just read what happened today on Gamespot or Joystiq, then spin it into something actually readable and - maybe, just loving maybe - funny AND also true

readable, funny, and true - gaming journalism's triforce it has yet to grasp

i'm actually trying to do this with my gaming news site because actual journalism means a lot to me, but the sad truth is that actual news is pretty boring and also really hard to do right as just one person so no one will ever actually read it

if you don't have a hot girl in a tank top in front of a green screen trying to talk about games, there's not much incentive to enter the market basically

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 15, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wolfman Nards posted:

no because io9 is basically a dr who fan blog masquerading as science journalism

CERN's Bold New Test Could Create a TARDIS Here on Earth

What NASA's Whatever Probe Could Teach Us About the TARDIS

If We Land On Mars, Would a TARDIS Work?

Goofy Looking British Spaceman gently caress Me, gently caress Me With Your TARDick

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

even though gawker/deadspin/jezebel do go after a lot of sacred cows, they take things way too seriously. drew magary is the last of the good old-school gawker journos and he doesn't write poo poo anymore besides his annual NFL preview, a mailbag, and some assorted columns

if nothing else, kotaku manages to be the funniest part of gawker media, albeit unintentionally

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here have a really stupid article that wasn't written by kotaku. it's so profound(ly stupid) that two people wrote it

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/14/6000267/ferguson-police-cameras-watch-dogs

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Thread is now about Flannery

Yo Who Wants TO gently caress Flannery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Y-Hat posted:

drew magary is the last of the good old-school gawker journos and he doesn't write poo poo anymore besides his annual NFL preview, a mailbag, and some assorted columns

Drew's great. I respect how he is very upfront that he cares about the Vikings first and foremost, the NFL as a whole second and literally every other sport in a distant, distant third. That's sports writing I can relate to.

Y-Hat posted:

here have a really stupid article that wasn't written by kotaku. it's so profound(ly stupid) that two people wrote it

Polygon may be the only Game Journalism site you can hold up as worse than Kotaku. All Polygon needs to become the epitome of insufferability is to hire Brian Ashcraft and have him write a weekly column about how HE LIVES IN JAPAN and about how HE'S MARRIED (To an Osaka girl. [Hey, have you heard of Yokai Watch? Here's forty loving columns about how his lovely kids love it])

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Y-Hat posted:

idgi I mean it tries too hard to tie into Watch Dogs and is really speculative but police cameras are being covered by a lot of major outlets right now

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Axel Serenity posted:

i'm actually trying to do this with my gaming news site because actual journalism means a lot to me, but the sad truth is that actual news is pretty boring and also really hard to do right as just one person so no one will ever actually read it

if you don't have a hot girl in a tank top in front of a green screen trying to talk about games, there's not much incentive to enter the market basically

yeah, that's another issue - hard to have enthusiasm if you know that literally nobody is reading your poo poo

pretty much the reason i stopped writing

like, i stopped writing news, stories, tv and film :smith:

i know popular theory is if nobody reads your poo poo then your poo poo sucks, BUT I WONDER TO THIS DAY

Wolfman Nards posted:

this is also true; though i had hoped their The Postman-themed mailbag thing would some day approch Deadspin's Funbag but jesus loving christ talk about a hugbox

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Omally posted:

ok it's lorelei

Highly misleading image, this is not what she looks like in the games or anime at all.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
dem pokemnon babes... holy lee gently caress, wanna throw my pokemon balls into her mouth and shoot out a cumizard, lol!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Axel Serenity posted:

I dunno Retro Magazine owns because they interview people who worked on older games and hardware. It's also a very thick magazine with minimal ads but I've yet to see a boring or terrible issue.

The Primal Rage one was interesting because it showed that nobody to this day can unlock the arcade version and make it portable to home consoles with perfect accuracy.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
retro designers have absolutely nothing to lose discussing the details or dishing on their shithead bosses - it's a zero-risk enterprise

that doesn't mean it isn't interesting as hell, tho

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
hardcoregaming101.net is pro as poo poo and i loving fear the day they try to web 2.0 that poo poo

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno Retro Magazine owns because they interview people who worked on older games and hardware. It's also a very thick magazine with minimal ads but I've yet to see a boring or terrible issue.

The Primal Rage one was interesting because it showed that nobody to this day can unlock the arcade version and make it portable to home consoles with perfect accuracy.

I'll try and check it out! Was watching Video Games: The Movie and, while the movie is OK at best, it was still cool to see some of the older Atari dudes talking and whatnot. A retro mag sounds kind of fun

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

matrix ripoff posted:

retro designers have absolutely nothing to lose discussing the details or dishing on their shithead bosses - it's a zero-risk enterprise

that doesn't mean it isn't interesting as hell, tho

Well they can tie it into new releases because when Metal gear Rising came out they had an interview with all the people who worked on all past and present metal gear games.

But it's actual games journalism that's good.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Omally posted:

ok it's lorelei

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

• Locked thread