Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Pinterest Mom posted:

always agree to help someone move
because you might need to move too someday

only if you've already seen inside their house though

this might be more of an american problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

only if you've already seen inside their house though

what are u worried they've got in there

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's not particular things it's you might find out they were hoarders or something and you're already committed and nothing's packed up yet

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

learn to live for the benefit of others without also losing yourself

is it u aristotle??

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's not particular things it's you might find out they were hoarders or something and you're already committed and nothing's packed up yet

"yeah i'm mostly packed, just a few last things that can be thrown in anywhere"

no, you've half packed and the "few last things" are the other half. you need to put that poo poo in boxes, not leave it all loose. also it helps if you empty out your wardrobes and drawers instead of thinking we can carry them downstairs while still full

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
dont help people move unless theres P/M/W in it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

had to look that up, but agree 100%

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Sweevo posted:

"yeah i'm mostly packed, just a few last things that can be thrown in anywhere"

no, you've half packed and the "few last things" are the other half. you need to put that poo poo in boxes, not leave it all loose. also it helps if you empty out your wardrobes and drawers instead of thinking we can carry them downstairs while still full

at least they took the drawers out of the dresser first, or did you have to explain that as well?

my favorite is getting couches and bed frames up four flights of narrow curving stairs while hearing "it shouldn't be too hard, I carried my TV up already"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

"I thought you could just load it onto the truck like that."

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
this is a disgusting display of male privilege. you are physically incapable of understanding the horror of women facing their 30th birthday. count your blessings nerds.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have a book of quotes by Baltasar Gracian but I can't find it just now. it's v cool though. the world hasn't changed much in 400 years

True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.

- Baltasar Galactica

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

colbylol posted:

dont help people move unless theres P/M/W in it

rear end, Gas or Grass, no one rides for free!

-Baltasar Galactica

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kwinkles posted:

- Baltasar Galactica

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

kwinkles posted:

rear end, Gas or Grass, no one rides for free!

-Baltasar Galactica

that's what i love about these cylons, man, i grow older, they regenerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm in my mid thirties and i still don't know what the gently caress i'm doing lol
same

• Locked thread