Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The X-Wing Miniatures game from Fantasy Flight Games puts you in the role of a squadron commander, leading a collection of Rebel/Resistance or Imperial/First Order (or Scum & Villainy, starting with Wave 6) ships against an opponent in a tactical tabletop dogfight.

The image above is the game's original starter set, which contains one Rebel X-Wing, two Imperial TIE Fighters, and all the movement templates, tokens, cards, and dice that two players will need to enjoy a simple game.

As part of the September 4th 2015 "Force Friday" marketing push for merchandise tied into Star Wars Episode VII, Fantasy Flight released a new core set for X-wing, using Resistance X-Wings and First Order TIE Fighters instead of the Galactic Civil War versions from the original core set. This also introduced new sub-factions. Resistance ships can be intermixed with Rebel/New Republic ships freely, and the same goes for First Order ships and the Empire. Also as part of this new core set is a new and improved Damage Deck.

How to Play
Players secretly set maneuvers for each of the ships under their command using maneuver dials:
Once all maneuvers are set, they are revealed and played out in order of each ship's pilot skill.
After moving, ships can take one of various actions, including Evading incoming attack, Focusing to improve offense or defense, Barrel Rolling out of the target sights of enemies, or a number of other actions granted from crew, droids, weapons, etc.
Then comes combat, where ships can each make a single attack on an enemy ship in the path of their weaponry.

Damage is tracked using a special deck of cards which can function as either simple damage indicators or flipped over to have special critical hit effects.

Expanding the Fleet

Expansion ships for X-Wing are primarily sold individually, with waves of 2-4 ships coming out semi-regularly. There are also a selection of two-packs and Huge ships for Epic level play taking the fight beyond snubfighters. Every expansion includes all the tokens, bases, and cards needed to field the included ship(s).

Wave 1: X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Y-Wing, TIE Advanced

Wave 2: Millennium Falcon (YT-1300), Slave 1 (Firespray Patrol Craft), A-Wing, TIE Interceptor

Wave 3: HWK-290, Lambda Shuttle, B-Wing, TIE Bomber

Wave 4: Z-95 Headhunter, TIE Defender, E-Wing, TIE Phantom

Wave 5: YT-2400, VT-49 Decimator

Wave 6: Scum and Villainy Faction; StarViper-class attack platform, M3-A Scyk fighter, IG-2000 (Aggressor assault fighter), Most Wanted pack (A Y-Wing with a new S&V paint scheme, 2 Z-95 headhunters with a new S&V paint scheme, and conversion bits to make Slave 1 and HWK-290 S&V faction)

Wave 7: K-Wing, TIE Punisher, Kihraxz Fighter, Hound's Tooth (Modified YV-666)

Wave 8: [The Phantom (Attack Shuttle), The Ghost (VCX-100)], TIE Advanced Prototype, Mist Hunter (G-1A Starfighter), Punishing One (JumpMaster 5000), T-70 X-Wing (The Force Awakens X-Wing), TIE/fo Fighter (The Force Awakens First Order TIE Fighter)

Wave 9: ARC-170, TIE/sf (The Force Awakens Special Forces TIE), Protectorate Starfighter, Shadow Caster (Lander-class Pursuit Craft)

Wave 10: Quadjumper, Sabine's TIE Fighter, Upsilon-Class Attack Shuttle, U-Wing, TIE Striker

Wave 11: Auzituck Gunship, Scurrg H-6 Bomber, TIE Aggressor

Wave 12: Alpha-class Star Wing (Assault Gunboat), M12-L Kimogila fighter, Phantom II (modified Sheathipede-class Transport Shuttle)

Wave 13: TIE Silencer, B/SF-17 Heavy Bomber (Resistance Bomber)

Wave 14: TIE Reaper, Saw’s Renegades (An X-Wing and a U-Wing with unique paint schemes)

Aces Packs: Imperial Aces (Two TIE Interceptors, each with a unique paint scheme), Rebel Aces (An A-Wing and a B-Wing with unique paint schemes), Imperial Veterans (TIE Bomber and TIE Defender, with unique paint schemes), Heroes of the Resistance (a YT-1300 and a T-70 X-Wing, updated with The Force Awakens sculpts), Guns for Hire (a StarViper and a Kihraxz fighter, with unique paint schemes)

Huge Ships: Rebel Transport (GR-75; includes a pack-in X-Wing with a unique paint scheme), Tantive IV (CR-90), Imperial Raider (original ship designed by FFG, includes a pack-in TIE Advanced with a unique paint scheme), Gonzati class Imperial Assault Carrier (includes two pack-in TIE Fighters with unique paint schemes), C-ROC Cruiser (Scum faction, includes a pack in M3-A Scyk fighter with a unique paint scheme)

Accessories: Dice Set, Playmats (Comes in Starfield, Yavin, Bespin, and Endor designs), Replacement Bases and Pegs (Comes in a variety of fun colors), Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kits

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need 2 core sets?
Maybe. Getting a second core set provides you with a second set of movement templates and dice, and is a cost effective way of getting 2 more TIE Fighters and an X-Wing. If you're going to be playing a lot at home or with people who don't have their own gear, then having the extra bits and bobs on hand will prove very handy.
-In tournament play, both players are required to have their own damage deck, so if you're fielding fleets for yourself and a friend, you'll need 2 core sets' worth of damage decks.

Do I need the X-Wing and TIE Fighter expansions, since those ships are in the core set?
The X-Wing and TIE Fighter expansions have completely unique pilot cards (with their own attendant effects) compared to the core set. If you want to use Wedge Antillies or Howlrunner, yes you'll need to grab those expansions.

The same goes for the Force Awakens core set and the Wave 8 Resistance X-Wing and First Order TIE Fighter. The individual upgrades contain cards not found in the core set.

Is it true that certain upgrade cards are 'exclusive' pack-ins with certain ships
Yes. Each expansion pack comes with its own assortment of pilots, ship upgrades, etc. Some cards have only been present in one expansion thus far. In casual play, it is not uncommon to proxy cards that you need more of or simply don't have at all, but in tournament play, a physical copy of a card is required in order to field it.

What ship scales exist?
Currently there are 3 basic sizes of ships, Small (X-Wings, TIE Interceptors, etc), Large (the Falcon, Slave 1, Lambda Shuttle, the upcoming Wave 5 ships), and Huge (Transport and Tantive IV). The small and large ships are all in scale with each other (1/270 scale), but the huge ships had to be made at a smaller scale to keep them reasonably sized for table play.

What's the best way to store all these ships and cards?
Many goons use some manner of Plano case. This particular model has room for most currently released ships (I personally have 2 of everything except the large ships) other than the Huge ships as well as all of the tokens and cards.

What ships should I get?
Pretty much anything that looks cool to you. The game has proven to be pretty well balanced thus far, so there really aren't any Must Have ships. That said, the Falcon has been very prevalent in the current meta, so if you're planning on getting into tournament level play as Rebels, grabbing one of those early on won't hurt.

Is there any good place to theorycraft before buying lots of ships?
Yes, here's a goon recommended squad builder. There is also an official online tool-set, that features a collection tracker and mission creator.

Which of the two core sets should I buy?
Thread opinion incoming
My personal opinion is just go with whichever one has the ships you think look cooler. At its heart, the game is completely the same.

More Information

Fantasy Flight Games' X-Wing homepage

X-Wing Mission Control - FFG's mission creator and collection tracker

FFG's video tutorial (This is good. Watch it)

Thread for Fantasy Flight's other Star Wars games (Including the fleet-level miniatures game, Armada; and the tabletop boardgame, Imperial Assault)

jivjov fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Commonly Used Acronyms and Nicknames

PTL = Push The Limit, an Elite Pilot Talent
EPT = Elite Pilot Talent, a possible upgrade for pilots
EI = Experimental Interface, a unique Modification upgrade
Prockets = Proton Rockets, a Missile upgrade
ACD = Advanced Cloaking Device, a TIE Phantom-specific Modification
ATC = Advanced Targeting Computer, a Sensor upgrade
VI = Veteran Instincts, an Elite Pilot Talent
CM = Countermeasures, a Large ship-specific Modification
EU = Engine Upgrade, a Modification (Could also mean Expanded Universe based on context)
HLC = Heavy Laser Cannon, a Cannon upgrade
FFG = A company that will hypnotize you into giving them all of your monies in return for little plastic spaceships

jivjov fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 18, 2015

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Yay, new thread!

So, normally Expose is a crap upgrade, because you're statistically better off just focusing your regular attack dice as your action. But now Experimental Interface changes the game!

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (Decimator)
+Expose
+Experimental Interface
+Ysanne Isard
+Moff Jerjerrod
+Intelligence Agent

Now I can focus as my primary action, then use Experimental Interface to Expose. I don't lose agility since I'm already at zero, and now I roll four focused dice every turn (five at range 1). Downside is I'm stressed to do it, but since I have a turret I can do soft-2 greens all day and usually be okay. Ish. Ysanne gives free evades, the Moff lets me cancel particularly nasty crit effects (by first spacing the Intel Agent, then himself).

40 points left over to do whatever with. I'm thinking 2x Black Squadron TIEs + Predator + Hull Upgrade.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
So I know that the game is balanced around 100 points, but how do higher point games play out? Is there a reason to avoid them? Cause otherwise my friend and I are looking at much larger fights. We haven't played yet but the idea of having 5-10 ships on either side appeals to us.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

overdesigned posted:

Yay, new thread!

So, normally Expose is a crap upgrade, because you're statistically better off just focusing your regular attack dice as your action. But now Experimental Interface changes the game!

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (Decimator)
+Expose
+Experimental Interface
+Ysanne Isard
+Moff Jerjerrod
+Intelligence Agent

Now I can focus as my primary action, then use Experimental Interface to Expose. I don't lose agility since I'm already at zero, and now I roll four focused dice every turn (five at range 1). Downside is I'm stressed to do it, but since I have a turret I can do soft-2 greens all day and usually be okay. Ish. Ysanne gives free evades, the Moff lets me cancel particularly nasty crit effects (by first spacing the Intel Agent, then himself).

40 points left over to do whatever with. I'm thinking 2x Black Squadron TIEs + Predator + Hull Upgrade.

Given that it's an obvious target, would using a Rebel Captive make sense?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

signalnoise posted:

So I know that the game is balanced around 100 points, but how do higher point games play out? Is there a reason to avoid them? Cause otherwise my friend and I are looking at much larger fights. We haven't played yet but the idea of having 5-10 ships on either side appeals to us.

I've played a few Epic Play games at the 300-point mark. The trend seems to be towards more, higher pilot skill ships, with more upgrades, and more opportunities for synergy and use of secondary weapons/ordnance. I took a flight of low-PS Z-95s along with a flight of E-wings, and the Z-95s got wasted before they could get missile shots off. I think low-PS ships really suffer in the Epic format. There's nothing wrong with it, but the matches do get longer in duration.

Basically, go crazy with it! It's fun if you have the time for a longer game.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Given that it's an obvious target, would using a Rebel Captive make sense?

I considered it, but Rebel Captive only works once a turn and I think I'd rather take the evade from Ysanne and live longer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

overdesigned posted:

I considered it, but Rebel Captive only works once a turn and I think I'd rather take the evade from Ysanne and live longer.

It's a ton of points, but I'm wondering how the combination of Isard, Tactician, and Rebel Captive would do. Now you can really concentrate the stress on targets, which seems really valuable.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
As your new thread overlord OP, feel free to post or PM me if you think anything should be added in to the post.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I hope you got that edit key primed for after the In Flight Report tomorrow. I can't wait to see what's going in that empty spot in the display case :getin:

Also, are we going to make this the X-Wing/Armada megathread?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Carteret posted:

I hope you got that edit key primed for after the In Flight Report tomorrow. I can't wait to see what's going in that empty spot in the display case :getin:

Also, are we going to make this the X-Wing/Armada megathread?

With how big X-Wing is, I wasn't gonna put Armada stuff in the OP. If someone makes a thread for it, I'll totally put a link to it in the OP though.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

jivjov posted:

With how big X-Wing is, I wasn't gonna put Armada stuff in the OP. If someone makes a thread for it, I'll totally put a link to it in the OP though.

Has anyone nailed down a release date on Armada yet? I assume they're not selling stuff at GenCon, but then again, they're selling Wave 5 earlier than I thought they would be.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

Has anyone nailed down a release date on Armada yet? I assume they're not selling stuff at GenCon, but then again, they're selling Wave 5 earlier than I thought they would be.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp says Q1 2015.

vvEditvv: Hey, Q1 is a three month window! I'm sure they'll make it. :rolleyes:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 15, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

And to continue the old joke, add a handful of months to whatever date they set. I love FFG, but they like the wooshing noise that deadlines make as they soar by.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm super stoked tight now.

I got into this game when it was first released and eventually sold it off when no one in my area played.

I recently moved to an area with a HUGE scene, but haven't found a job yet, so haven't played.

I found a guy who wanted to buy some of my Warmachines and offered up a bunch of X-Wing as a partial trade.

So now I'm back in!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wish I got to play more than I currently get to. I can never seem to make it to my FLGS's game nights or tournaments(I work evening shifts a lot), and my housemates are only rarely up for a game.

I bought one of each Wave 4 ship the week they were available and today was the first time any of them saw any play.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Played in flight 1 at Nationals today. Ran dual Falcons with Predator, went 5-2 and qualified for Saturday! The Decimator, Outrider, and Rebel Aces look fantastic!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

pbpancho posted:

Played in flight 1 at Nationals today. Ran dual Falcons with Predator, went 5-2 and qualified for Saturday! The Decimator, Outrider, and Rebel Aces look fantastic!

I don't even know what cards are in Rebel Aces...I just NEEEEEED that repainted B-Wing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Speaking of Rebel Aces, will pimped up B-Wing/E2's be even that great? Phantoms are a thing now and they are pretty great for being able to murder slower single starfighters with limited firing arcs. I mean they'd be great if it was pre-Wave 4 meta because B-Wings were pretty top poo poo, this is really the only B-Wing I'm not looking forward to facing

:eyepop:

e: Just to be clear, it basically means you can potentially hamper Phantoms with Flechette (or Ion) Torpedoes.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Speaking of Rebel Aces, will pimped up B-Wing/E2's be even that great? Phantoms are a thing now and they are pretty great for being able to murder slower single starfighters with limited firing arcs. I mean they'd be great if it was pre-Wave 4 meta because B-Wings were pretty top poo poo, this is really the only B-Wing I'm not looking forward to facing

e: Just to be clear, it basically means you can potentially hamper Phantoms with Flechette (or Ion) Torpedoes.

Nera with Flechette Torpedos and Munitions Failsafe sounds super fun.

I'm trying to revise my current Rebel list and could use some suggestions.

It started as:
Luke Skywalker (28)
Wedge Antilles (29)
Roark Garnet (24) -- HWK-290 (19), Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Airen Cracken (19)

The idea is a high pilot skill squad that doesn't depend on actions to use pilot abilities (since I bump into poo poo all the time :cripes:)

Recently I decided that Tarn Mison with an R7 Astromech has some of the defensive capability of Luke, and that I could free up three points that way. I just can't decide what to spend them on. I'd like to spread the points around rather than pile them on Wedge, but maybe that's a waste of the value that can be had for three points.

Right now I'm thinking about this:

Tarn Mison (25) -- X-Wing (23), R7 Astromech (2)
Wedge Antilles (29)
Roark Garnet (25) -- HWK-290 (19), Ion Cannon Turret (5), Nien Nunb (1)
Airen Cracken (21) -- Z-95 Headhunter (19), Squad Leader (2)

Should I just go for PTL on Wedge or something?

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 15, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Leo Showers posted:

Both of the new B-wing pilots are pretty OP, Farlander basically can turn stress into offensive focus tokens:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a ton of points, but I'm wondering how the combination of Isard, Tactician, and Rebel Captive would do. Now you can really concentrate the stress on targets, which seems really valuable.

Tactician isn't so great on the Decimator. It's reasonably maneuverable for a large ship, but Tac only works in firing arc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Gate posted:

Tactician isn't so great on the Decimator. It's reasonably maneuverable for a large ship, but Tac only works in firing arc.

Ah, that's what I was confused about. So "firing arc" always refers to the forward 90 degrees, even on a turreted ship. Got it.

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.
Anyone know of a live stream of the big event thing today?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
To go back to Armada price chat from the old thread, $100 doesn't seem too bad. I'd guess it will be £70 or so in the UK, so from a 3rd party seller maybe £60 (hard to tell as the $ to £ conversion for X-Wing is wonky). That's pricey, but not crazily so. Maybe I'm just desensitised to those kind of prices from playing Warhammer.

e: this post needs to be in this thread too:

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 15, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Lungboy posted:

To go back to Armada price chat from the old thread, $100 doesn't seem too bad. I'd guess it will be £70 or so in the UK, so from a 3rd party seller maybe £60 (hard to tell as the $ to £ conversion for X-Wing is wonky). That's pricey, but not crazily so. Maybe I'm just desensitised to those kind of prices from playing Warhammer.

e: this post needs to be in this thread too:

Wayland games have a preorder for £63.99, so thats the benchmark I'm using.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ah, that's what I was confused about. So "firing arc" always refers to the forward 90 degrees, even on a turreted ship. Got it.

To confuse things slightly more: the forward arc with solid lines is your "primary firing arc", which some things reference. The Firespray has another "firing arc" however, to its rear. So, Tactician will work on a Firespray if the target is range 2 on either side, but some other effects that require "primary" will only work off the front one.

So far the Firespray is the only ship where this matters, though.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

LumberingTroll posted:

$99.95 is the price I have from my distributor

This is in the same price range as other full size box boardgames, so really its not that much of a stretch. Its also the same price as most intro boxes to traditional table top wargames. Speaking of, remember hearing not too long ago that they would be doing a tabletop wargame, I wonder if this is what that person meant.

... So probably $80-85 on Miniature Market, or as much as you'll probably spend on a 100-point Squadron? It's steep for the initial outlay, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Grey Hunter posted:

Wayland games have a preorder for £63.99, so thats the benchmark I'm using.

Not too bad then, as long as you aren't actually buying it from Wayland.

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.

Hubis posted:

... So probably $80-85 on Miniature Market, or as much as you'll probably spend on a 100-point Squadron? It's steep for the initial outlay, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I think it's all going to come down to what the expansions end up costing, but with 300 points being the tournament standard it won't take too many purchases above the base set, especially once ISDs and Mon Cal Cruisers come out, to get a force on the table. Also, Coolstuffinc is usually 30% off so $70 for the starter isn't bad, but I'll personally probably shell out the full $100 to support my local shop.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

smashthedean posted:

but I'll personally probably shell out the full $100 to support my local shop.

This is a great way to be, sadly here we have 1 shop, and they are basically Comics and TCGs... So I used my business license to get a distributors account, and supply my local group.

We run a monthly meet up at said shop, to play X-Wing but havent really attracted any new players.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

edit: ^^^kind of scummy to meet up at your shop but buy your games through a loophole dude.

In Flight report is starting, following it on Team Covenant twitter.

https://twitter.com/teamcovenant

Good lord is X-Wing popular

alg fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 15, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

alg posted:

edit: ^^^kind of scummy to meet up at your shop but buy your games through a loophole dude.

Its not a loophole, they dont sell / carry them, dude. Perhaps read everything I posted?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I buy the majority of my X-Wing (and other FFG stuff) from my FLGS, but every now and then I find a deal that's too good to pass up. My 2 Star Wars RPG core books are from amazon, but I've purchased every supplant at full MSRP from the shop.

They let me prepay my transport and Tantive GameStop style though, which was super handy.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

X-Wing is their number one selling game, they are making an online toolset

edit: new faction :/

Apparently this can convert the HWK-290 and Slave 1 to Scum and Villainy. Pretty disappointed, I wanted a Rebel Aces 2 for Y-Wings :/

alg fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 15, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

X-Wing is their number one selling game, they are making an online toolset

Apparently this can convert the HWK-290 and Slave 1 to Scum and Villainy. Pretty disappointed, I wanted a Rebel Aces 2 for Y-Wings :/

Holy poo poo those new ships are cool.

EDIT: What's the pictured ship on the first slide? It doesn't match the Wookiepedia pics of either the Star Viper and the M3-A, and I can't quite make out the name of the 3rd one.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 15, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

IG-2000, IG-88's ship.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

IG-2000, IG-88's ship.

Didn't catch the I, thanks much!

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

alg posted:

Welp, my girlfriend is going to kill me. :aaa:

Any Uglies shown?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, Wave 6 ships added to the OP. Someone ping me if/when good pics go up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

My god.

Also, so glad they are going into more crazy EU than making the ugly Episode 1-3 stuff.

• Locked thread