Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Just looking for stuff on the cards. This dude's card has some sort of energy he can spend: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/1c/85/1c85279b-d5e4-49b9-b145-c0e2093d73df/swz01_a1_tie_attack_diagram.jpg

Luke Skywalker is PS 5. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/cf/c4/cfc472db-d1f2-4ead-9d8c-c1e4356aa5f7/swz01_a1_force_cut-out.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

VI is now gone. There's no equivalent.

God this is just the best.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Honestly if this makes the game fun again I'll pick up some conversion kits on discount. I stopped playing a while ago because it started getting really overwhelming.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
They seriously filled almost my entire wish-list.
Medium bases, bullseye arcs on everything, no more PTL or VI, mobile arcs replacing turrets.

Let's see how ordnance and bombs are handled and I might call it perfect.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Presumably great pilots who are not force-sensitive will get extra of these "lightning" tokens that are used to activate abilities, instead of (or in addition to) EPT.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I am glad to be wrong in convincing myself they wouldn't invalidate a mountain of physical components and that 2.0 was effectively impossible

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Strobe posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: WRAITH SQUADRON PILOT SPOTTED :siren: :siren: :siren:

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT. WHO.

Yeah, that's Iden from BF2.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

FFG quietly raised all the prices on the Imperial Assault expansions by 20-30% a couple months ago. Note now that all the wave 1 small ships are $19.99 MSRP instead of $14.99 MSRP

One of the local game stores here clearanced out literally all their X-Wing inventory a couple weeks ago, so they're probably feeling pretty :smug: that they're not going to be stuck with old stuff anymore

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hey guys, remember the one thing we all agreed the game needed to be more robust? The more granular hit/evade dice? They're not doing it. And now they're even reducing the granularity of the pilot skills to 6.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I don't see Scurrg Bomber in that Rebel conversion box. I know Slave I is Scum only now, looks like Nym is too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Hey guys, remember the one thing we all agreed the game needed to be more robust? The more granular hit/evade dice? They're not doing it. And now they're even reducing the granularity of the pilot skills to 6.

Turrets and missiles were the real problem there, and turrets are being addressed. No idea what's coming on missiles yet.

I don't mind reducing pilot skill granularity since VI is gone and there's no replacement effect to manipulate pilot skill

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

If they make objective play the default for tournaments I am definitely in. $300 for cardboard to play my current stuff is tough

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Misspoke. I meant attack/defense values. 2 is worthless, 3 is good. That's all we have for now and what everyone here agreed on.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

So in 2.0 you'll keep your models but you'll use entirely different wheels/cards etc, right?

It's almost like having two different games using the same plastic starships?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Push the Limit is a core mechanic on all ships essentially now

Definitely not all. SOME ships have LInked Actions, which are actions where you can take one, then a linked one, which may or may not stress you. Some actions may just stress you anyway.

JerikTelorian posted:

So in 2.0 you'll keep your models but you'll use entirely different wheels/cards etc, right?

It's almost like having two different games using the same plastic starships?

Pretty much, yeah. Same with what happened in Descent to Descent 2e. Except no new dice.

There is a fuckton to unpack here but I am 100% up for it.

WIth the sad exception of my poor wallet holy gently caress.

alg posted:

If they make objective play the default for tournaments I am definitely in. $300 for cardboard to play my current stuff is tough

Sound slike there will be a bunch of different tournament modes available. Almost too many.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I wonder if I can keep my templates.

Another thing I noticed is that there's flavor text/titles underneath the pilot cards. Luke's is "Red Five" and Iden Versio's is "Inferno Leader". I wonder if that will be used for certain synergies, tied to upgrades or even to distinguish between different versions of the same pilot in the same ship (like MF Chewbacca/Han vs. HOTR Chewbacca/Han)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT. WHO.

Yeah, that's Iden from BF2.

I saw a name that was not what I thought it was and was wrong. :(

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to get cheaper local language models than English ones, if everything with text is handled by the upgrade kits and app.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

canyoneer posted:

Another thing I noticed is that there's flavor text/titles underneath the pilot cards. Luke's is "Red Five" and Iden Versio's is "Inferno Leader". I wonder if that will be used for certain synergies, tied to upgrades or even to distinguish between different versions of the same pilot in the same ship (like MF Chewbacca/Han vs. HOTR Chewbacca/Han)

They call those subtitles and are a fluff thing I think

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Seems like you can still use 1.0 templates except for resolving bumps.

The one woman on the panel was super enthused about the subtitles but it seems likely they're just like in Destiny - irrelevant fluff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Oh look, regen with R2-D2 requires spending one of 3 energy that he starts with AND taking a "disarm" token. :getin:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So how are they going to distribute the new upgrade cards? I'm really hoping each conversion box comes with the same ones, and they give you everything that they're keeping. This being FFG though, I'm assuming they'll spread them out, so the scum box has the new cards that came with Scum ships, Imperial box gets card that came with Imperial ships, stuff like that. I really hope that's not the case though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Saw's Rebels is a hybrid 1.0/2.0 pack. Dammit, I still need three. :negative:

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Crack Shot only works in the bullseye arc. Same with Marksmanship. Seems there's a lot of focus on that arc.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I’m hoping they streamline the steps and not have convoluted timing windows for everything.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Everything looks good but I do not think I like not having upgrade icons and point costs printed on the physical cards. I like the idea of companion apps for convenience, but not so much as a necessity.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

What are the odds they got their poo poo together and put in standardized keywords for everything?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Funzo posted:

So how are they going to distribute the new upgrade cards? I'm really hoping each conversion box comes with the same ones, and they give you everything that they're keeping. This being FFG though, I'm assuming they'll spread them out, so the scum box has the new cards that came with Scum ships, Imperial box gets card that came with Imperial ships, stuff like that. I really hope that's not the case though.
Not yet clear, but it is definitely clear that the conv kit will contain everything from the expansions for any 1e ship.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m hoping they streamline the steps and not have convoluted timing windows for everything.

Seems like probably more steps, but less in each step.

alg posted:

Sound slike there will be a bunch of different tournament modes available. Almost too many.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 1, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

They need to show 2.0 TLT and harpoons

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Funzo posted:

What are the odds they got their poo poo together and put in standardized keywords for everything?

The pre-order bonus is a custom damage deck and the images of it show that "flip this card face down" is now keyworded as "Repair this card", so maybe?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm almost exactly as invested in 1.0 as it will cost to upgrade to 2.0, ha. Awkward timing for me.

I guess I'll pick up a 2.0 core and use my T70s and FOs as stand-ins before going all-in. (Assuming they didn't change the pegs and base holes, etc. Which if Saw's is both, it seems unlikely.)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alg posted:

They need to show 2.0 TLT and harpoons

2.0 turret upgrades are mobile arcs YAAAAAAS.

COnversion kit numbers are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

thespaceinvader posted:

2.0 turret upgrades are mobile arcs YAAAAAAS.

COnversion kit numbers are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

It looks like turret upgrades use the mobile arc, and turret primaries use a weird double version. You can see it on the falcon in the preview trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxHfU2Xoac

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And they claim on the team covenant videos that there will no longer be generally applicable upgrades found in only one faction's ships, as in Legion or Runewars. WHich is HUGE and great.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, do the new pilots Like Iden and Thane in an X-Wing come in the conversion kits, or do I need to buy the new expansions too (please be in the conversion kits)

edit: never mind found it, they're in the kits.good

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just when I think I might be out, they drag me back in (to the Sarlaac Pit).

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Anybody wanna buy two pounds of ship and upgrade cards?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Time to sell your current edition Palp cards on eBay while you can, goons.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Did they turn off the stream after the stream questions? If so, you missed the best news: HWK primary is now 2 die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Remember yesterday when everyone was talking over the new Krennic card?

I wonder how well that stuff was balanced, considering they were working on 2.0 at the same time AND with the knowledge it was only going to matter for 3 months.

• Locked thread