Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Caddrel posted:

My god.

Also, so glad they are going into more crazy EU than making the ugly Episode 1-3 stuff.

I'm surprised that we're getting a new faction this late..I would have thought that would be something added in like Wave 2 or 3 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

alg posted:

Good lord is X-Wing popular

Some of that might be Dust Tactics....

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

jivjov posted:

I'm surprised that we're getting a new faction this late..I would have thought that would be something added in like Wave 2 or 3 or something.

I had been concerned, but I figure that the new movies will only drum up more interest in the game. It looks like FFG is doubling down on the brand, which is an interesting choice and I'll be glad to see where it leads.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Board game, Armada ships and squadrons

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I am going to be soooo broke...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Star Wars themed Descent sounds pretty fun!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yep; there goes all my money.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

jivjov posted:

I'm guessing it's because they still had lots of iconic ships from the films to release through wave 3. They probably didn't plan on another faction until last year or so when it was clear the game was a huge success and they would run out of ships that fit either Rebel or Imperial.

I hope they get the rules and feel right, but they've done so well so far that I trust them to do that. What I'm most excited about is that they may come up with new rules for 3 player games!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Caddrel posted:

I'm guessing it's because they still had lots of iconic ships from the films to release through wave 3. They probably didn't plan on another faction until last year or so when it was clear the game was a huge success and they would run out of ships that fit either Rebel or Imperial.

I hope they get the rules and feel right, but they've done so well so far that I trust them to do that. What I'm most excited about is that they may come up with new rules for 3 player games!

Oooh, I didn't even think of that; I'd be down for a 3-player match.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

jivjov posted:

Oooh, I didn't even think of that; I'd be down for a 3-player match.

It's really my only complaint with the game, that if two friends and I want to play then we can only really 2v1.

I guess with a third faction, 1v1v1 could be done in some way to prevent king making or teaming up. Conflicting objectives maybe?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I'm glad they're doubling down on EU stuff. Just give me my clawcraft and support for a chiss fleet in Armada now.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I just bought a bunch of rebel stuff to fight my buddy who got all imperial. Scum and Villainy is gonna be my preferred faction though. Any idea when this stuff is actually getting released?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Armada is a ton of fun. I've been getting into every demo I can.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

oh my goodness
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4994

just drain my bank account dry, FFG

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

oh my goodness
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4994

just drain my bank account dry, FFG

Oh my god this looks amazing.

Okay, do we want a thread for "Other FFG Star Wars stuff" with the Empire vs Rebellion card game, Armada, and Imperial Assault? Or do we want to roll in Armada to here, Empire vs Rebellion in the LCG thread, and just keep Imperial Assault in the Board Game thread?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think Armada should be in this thread.

I wonder if I can just setup my direct deposit to FFGs bank account.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I think Armada should be in this thread.

I wonder if I can just setup my direct deposit to FFGs bank account.

Until its actually out, there isnt even much to talk about. same with Imperial Assault. a single FFG Starwars thread is probably fine for now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LumberingTroll posted:

Until its actually out, there isnt even much to talk about. same with Imperial Assault. a single FFG Starwars thread is probably fine for now.

Yeah, X-Wing, the LCG, and the RPG are all big established games in their own right. I'll whip up a FFG Star Wars general thread for discussion of the smaller stuff. If Armada or whatever becomes as huge as X-Wing, it can spin off into its own thread later.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Last page has it all wrong. Run Nera, E2 title, recon spec, deadeye, and adv. Proton torpedo. Cruise into range one, and then order something to die with gang near guaranteed five hits. Don't even bother with munitions failsafe.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

alg posted:

edit: new faction :/

It was pretty much inevitable, wasn't it? I seem to recall it being discussed a while back in the old thread and that's pretty much where they have to go to keep spitting out ships.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tippis posted:

It was pretty much inevitable, wasn't it? I seem to recall it being discussed a while back in the old thread and that's pretty much where they have to go to keep spitting out ships.

I was honestly expecting them to go prequel first, give us GAR and CIS factions with ships from the films. I'm surprised that the now-Legends EU is getting so much love from FFG still.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Despite many, many awful things the EU has wrought, dumb ships are not one them. Except the Sunkiller.

Please give us uglies FFG

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Despite many, many awful things the EU has wrought, dumb ships are not one them. Except the Sunkiller.

Please give us uglies FFG

If ships weren't $15 each, I'd be kitbashing my own uglies...

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Neither Disney nor FFG have shown much, if any, indication that they even acknowledge the prequels existence. I would have expected them to stall a bit until the sequel merchandizing starts, but not at the rate they've been releasing product.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

jivjov posted:

I was honestly expecting them to go prequel first, give us GAR and CIS factions with ships from the films. I'm surprised that the now-Legends EU is getting so much love from FFG still.

I suppose it's at least the same era so it makes sense from that perspective.

The again, it's much more fun to imagine that some proper star wars geek at FFG reacted poorly to the Ep7–9 news and went “EU is not canon, huh? Well gently caress you, I say the prequels are not canon, so there!” :haw:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 15, 2014

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
What is better? To remain canon but never again be mentioned, willfully forgotten, or to be de-canonized, but acknowledged and rebranded as legendary but alternative?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, here's a thread for Fantasy Flight's other Star Wars stuff

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
UK goons, does anyone know of a good online retailer? Or anyone who has X- or Y-wings in stock?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

http://imgur.com/d0CnKEz

Jesus loving Christ. That's a Gladiator Class Star Destroyer.

gently caress the Victory. That's my command ship.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Rebel Assault Frigate Mk.2
Star Viper
Scum and Villainy faction

Oh god, it's all falling apart.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Just got my first ships in the mail. Pretty cool little figures I have to say, and way more little fiddly bits than I expected!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

signalnoise posted:

Just got my first ships in the mail. Pretty cool little figures I have to say, and way more little fiddly bits than I expected!

Yeah, FFG is known for their fiddly bits. Honestly I wish they (or someone) would make an Action Dial that worked just like a maneuver dial but let you select Focus, Evade, whatever to cut down on the number of tokens.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

jivjov posted:

Yeah, FFG is known for their fiddly bits. Honestly I wish they (or someone) would make an Action Dial that worked just like a maneuver dial but let you select Focus, Evade, whatever to cut down on the number of tokens.

You could buy it from Litko.net probably but be prepared to pay for acrylic

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I need a token to remind me whether Turr Phennir used his real action to boost or barrel roll when his post attack action comes around.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 15, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There was nothing announced by FFG today that I am not excited about. :getin:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

What's the ship between IG-2000 and the Y-Wing? I recognize everything else.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
It's a Scyk Fighter, they were in SWG, as well as the rest of the freelance ships.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M3-A_Scyk_fighter

Things we can look foraward to!

Dune Lizard
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/G1-M4-C_Dunelizard_fighter

Kimogila Heavy FIghter
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M12-L_Kimogila_heavy_fighter

Krayt Gunship
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M22-T_Krayt_gunship

and so very, very many more.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 15, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The dune lizard was the only ship I could afford to own in Star Wars galaxies. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Chill la Chill posted:

The dune lizard was the only ship I could afford to own in Star Wars galaxies. :(

I miss Jump to Lightspeed very much.

• Locked thread