Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I do too but it took my computer like 5-10 minutes to load naboo spaceport again after every mission. I forgot why I chose that one instead of a less populated one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

EdBlackadder posted:

UK goons, does anyone know of a good online retailer? Or anyone who has X- or Y-wings in stock?

thediceshoponline had x-wings a couple of days ago, no idea on Ys though.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Gladiator-class Star Destroyers are cool, but not as cool as the VSD. The plain old scum ships don't really interest me at all, I don't really know how they'll be different from Rebel ships we already have.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Does anyone know the points costs of the generic outrider and decimator pilots? Those were missing from the official FFG posts but it should be known now that the product is out.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
edit: this question is answered in the OP

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 15, 2014

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Leo Showers posted:

Gladiator-class Star Destroyers are cool, but not as cool as the VSD. The plain old scum ships don't really interest me at all, I don't really know how they'll be different from Rebel ships we already have.

They're very different. Scum has a really unique and cool feeling as a faction.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Caddrel posted:

Does anyone know the points costs of the generic outrider and decimator pilots? Those were missing from the official FFG posts but it should be known now that the product is out.

30 (PS2) and 40 (PS3) respectively, I believe.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Leo Showers posted:

The repainted Z95s and Y-Wings probably won't have different stats from the regular ships, but we'll probably see different pilot abilities.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Well, the factions should actually form a scale of Uniform to Individual, with Imperial on the former end, Scum on the latter and Rebels in the middle.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

edit: new faction :/

loving called it. :getin:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hope this opens the door for stuff like looted Lambda Shuttles on the rebel side.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

I hope this opens the door for stuff like looted Lambda Shuttles on the rebel side.

Yeah, with any luck this is going to give us Rebel Lambdas and Imperial Z-95s and what-not (even if just via Rebs/Imps getting to hire Scum ships for a point surplus).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am very disappointed in this thread title. It needs to be "Never Not Roll Dice in a Galaxy Far, Far Away".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Strobe posted:

I am very disappointed in this thread title. It needs to be "Never Not Roll Dice in a Galaxy Far, Far Away".

That would just invite endless “let the wookie win” jokes, tbh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's the best way to store everything? My current solution is running out of room.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's the best way to store everything? My current solution is running out of room.

Oh hey, that's in the FAQ.

I personally use a Plano 3952 (http://smile.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Cover-Tackle-Organizer/dp/B001ECQPVQ/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1408066020&sr=8-28&keywords=plano) for my stuff, with all the Pilot and Upgrade cards in a standard binder. That holds at least 2x of every ship except the 3 big ones.

That said, once Wave 5 hits, I dunno what I'm gonna do. Probably drop some serious cash on some of that custom cut foam poo poo.

EDIT: Speaking of...I really wish I could get custom cut foam trays...Everything I see doesn't have quite the distribution of slots I need for my collection.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 16, 2014

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The battlefoam site has a thing that lets you customize it.

edit: here http://tray.battlefoam.com/tray.html

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

zVxTeflon posted:

The battlefoam site has a thing that lets you customize it.

edit: here http://tray.battlefoam.com/tray.html

I love you.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Friends don't let friends buy battlefoam.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Indolent Bastard posted:

Friends don't let friends buy battlefoam.

Do they have a bad reputation or something? Or too expensive?

I just need something I can keep all these plastic ships in, especially when Waves 5 and 6 hit.

Which means I really need to wait to order this stuff until Wave 5 hits and I can have a slot for the YT-2400 on there.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

jivjov posted:

I just need something I can keep all these plastic ships in, especially when Waves 5 and 6 hit.

Which means I really need to wait to order this stuff until Wave 5 hits and I can have a slot for the YT-2400 on there.

They're expensive but I absolutely love mine to death.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

jivjov posted:

They are way over priced, and rape retailers on order limits and shipping. oh and the owner is a total loving rear end in a top hat that is sue happy and was trying to sue people for cutting foam with a laser. Here is an amusing read on it. http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/02/battlefoam-learns-why-legal-threats-can-be-dangerous/

Go KR Multicase, well made, and very reasonably priced.
https://www.krmulticase.com/buyarmystorage.aspx?system=STAR&army=XW

Their modular box system that goes inside their cases is also pretty slick.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 16, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

jivjov posted:

The owner and therefore the company have a terrible reputation. The bags are fine, but the maker is an absolute douche. A short list of things:

Withholding promised prize support from a con because other bag manufacturers product was allowed to be sold at the con.
Threatening his dissenters with physical violence.
Making some ones mother cry at a con after he berated her and her son for some trifling poo poo.
Legal threats to his competitors for infringing on his intellectual property, because apparently he invented laser cut foam for bags.:rolleyes:

Romeo Filip is a oval office (and I use that word advisedly).

http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/02/battlefoam-learns-why-legal-threats-can-be-dangerous/

E: Just search "romeo filip battlefoam" 3 of the first 4 results are articles about him being a jackass.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

LumberingTroll posted:

They are way over priced, and rape retailers on order limits and shipping. oh and the owner is a total loving rear end in a top hat that is sue happy and was trying to sue people for cutting foam with a laser. Here is an amusing read on it. http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/02/battlefoam-learns-why-legal-threats-can-be-dangerous/

Go KR Multicase, well made, and very reasonably priced.
https://www.krmulticase.com/buyarmystorage.aspx?system=STAR&army=XW

Their modular box system that goes inside their cases is also pretty slick.

Agreed, KR Multicase makes a fine product at a fair price. I am highly considering dropping 50 bones on Yet Another Case from them but ughhghg.

Also the protip for getting stuff cheapest from KR Multicase is to always always always go with a bespoke case.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

My storage method might not scale well for some people's collections, but I have about one of each ship and two cores. I don't bring my whole collection with me, so I have some leeway there. Here's what I do:

All the cardboard goes in one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-25-Removable-Compartment-Professional-Organizer/dp/B00005QWYF

That thing can fit the range and movement templates, dice, maneuver dials for 20+ ships, pilot cards, etc. It's also rock solid, doesn't spill pieces during movement, and the little boxes come out individually. Not bad for $13 each.
You can see how people fill them here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/943758/my-non-plano-storage-solution-now-storing-epic-shi

The ships themselves I just keep in the plastic containers from the blister, since it's already molded to fit. For transporting a small squad, those containers fit into a core set box:

The original large ship boxes also fit two large ship containers to one box.

For longer term storage, I just bought one of these bigger versions of the organizer above: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Removable-Compartment-Professional-Organizer/dp/B001G1CUK0
I put all the small ships in there and pull out the containers when I need them.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I am currently using a Plano 1374; outgrew the old toolbox I was using long ago. It's got a nice exterior top flap to hold tokens too. I've gone full nerd and own 100 points worth of every ship except the Y-Wing, Z95, and TIE Advance (I only own 3 HWKs), and it works well for everything so far. I highly recommend it.

Also, the top section is large enough to fit the Tantive, Transport, and several large ships comfortably with room to spare.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

My flatmate got the Core Set today and I watched them play a game. It looks fun and I love Star Wars so I pretty much have to buy some. Thinking the Rebel Aces pack and an X-Wing....or maybe an E-Wing.

Is this one of those things where you start off buying 2 or 3 ships for a squadron and then 3 months later you have entire fleets for both sides?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

CODChimera posted:

My flatmate got the Core Set today and I watched them play a game. It looks fun and I love Star Wars so I pretty much have to buy some. Thinking the Rebel Aces pack and an X-Wing....or maybe an E-Wing.

Is this one of those things where you start off buying 2 or 3 ships for a squadron and then 3 months later you have entire fleets for both sides?

Not really, I only have Rebels and Imperials because I own the ships my girlfriend uses. If it wasn't for her then I'd just have Imperials.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Here's my storage solution:

:v:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Here's my storage solution:

:v:

You're the rear end in a top hat who takes 30 minutes to set up for a simple game because he's hunting for components :mad:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

You're the rear end in a top hat who takes 30 minutes to set up for a simple game because he's hunting for components :mad:

My solution to that is showing up 30 minutes early.

JumpyMonky
Jul 30, 2010

CORN
I picked this up after seeing one my friend owned and I knew that it was exactly what I needed. So far I fit about 11 small ships and 3 large ships in it and I have a lot of room to grow. The top smallest plano case is great to leave on the table for easy access to focus tokens, shields and other nick-nacks that are frequently grabbed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm not, the box is actually fairly organised. All of the tokens are in individual plastic bags, all of the plastic bases and pilot base tokens are in a couple of piles next to each other, and all my cards are bagged/sleeved and neatly piled up. The only thing I need to hunt for is finding the right number of dials for the ships I'm fielding, and I don't have that many anyway. :v:

e; here's what it looks like with the dials/Fs-31 bases removed:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 16, 2014

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
gently caress setup and tear-down, I just want to play.

Cat-Proof Carrying Case

Rebel Transport's en route from CoolStuffInc and I didn't punch out all the extra tokens okay?!

One of everything, plus one of those pluck-foam ones below this with extra Slave I, Defender (oddly shaped), etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ville Valo posted:

gently caress setup and tear-down, I just want to play.

Cat-Proof Carrying Case

Rebel Transport's en route from CoolStuffInc and I didn't punch out all the extra tokens okay?!

One of everything, plus one of those pluck-foam ones below this with extra Slave I, Defender (oddly shaped), etc.

Upside: Looks great, holds everything.

Downside: Funding an rear end in a top hat.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Upside: Looks great, holds everything.

Downside: Funding an rear end in a top hat.

Got it all from my FLGS; I figure I funded where I play.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I use dis. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Angled-Tackle-System/15904153

Holds everything, still have a ton of extra space

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I'm about to drop a few dollars to get tuckboxes for the tiny cards. :psyduck:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
In a similar vein, do people generally buy card protectors for their pilot cards? Do standard CCG protectors fit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Lungboy posted:

In a similar vein, do people generally buy card protectors for their pilot cards? Do standard CCG protectors fit?

I just slipped a pilot card into a Dragon Shield sleeve and it fit just fine

• Locked thread