Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Krayt Cup was fun. 12 hours for 5 rounds was rough though. At least I can shelve x wing until they fix harpoons and play some L5R and Arkham. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

canyoneer posted:

For real. I played a system open today and had a pretty miserable time. Lost a lot of games too.

First time getting paired against 4 wookies for me and ughhhhhhhhh
If harpoons didn't exist I'd say that 4 wookies is easily the worst thing about this game.

It is horrible. If you did not bring bombs (preferably with trajectory simulator), you will not win that match.

I've also came to the realization that the (8-0 before tournament, now 9-4) Ion Kanan/Fenn list I brought is not fun at all to play unless you're winning with it. Even then, not that fun.

I should have stuck with Shadowcasters. I would have definitely won my first two games with that.

I only saw wookies on one table today but holy poo poo every other table was harpoons.

I flew Kanan/Fenn too and didn't have much fun. I should have stuck with Rey/Poe

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They had software issues

I managed the first pass of each harpoon battle, but the fact that gunboats can just slam away after you start to focus them means later in the game I'm going to catch a harpoon.

They definitely need to be fixed, they are simply better in every way than any other ordnance and gunboats are way too cheap a platform for them.

Edit also filthy neckbeards saying POONED is just, bleck

alg fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 28, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Raged posted:

4 points for that? It would be useless. The only fair nerf I could see possibly coming is spending the TL to fire.

Fix Sabine/Bombs/Reinforce/Slam+reload/Nym with 10 upgrades/Assaj being "too tanky" all things people complain about that will be brought up as soon as harpoons aren't the big thing anymore. It's just another in a long list of things people don't take the time to learn to counter and just whine about till it's nerfed. If every matchup was easy the game would be boring.

Remember just over 2 weeks ago where everyone was losing their minds about Nym+ Genius+ Traj Sim/ Miranda? Some people actually built counters to the list and smashed the poo poo out of it in tournaments. Hell, I personally saw a top 16 Aussie player get tabled in the 5th round. It got nerfed the next week.

Even if something is OP there is always a counter to it. I'm a middling to average player and I can counter massed harpoons if I fly really well. The only ones I have consitant trouble with are imp gunboats w/harpoons. That's why I am flying my current list. It counters it.

Hell, a Dash with an Ion cannon/Corran went undefeated a couple weeks ago in a 2 day 60+ player tournament where it faced pre-nerf Nym/Miranda and QD+ 3 harpoon boats. It won because the player flew well.

But having to build against it and massively outplay someone because they can take ultra undercosted options just to win is the problem. Nobody is saying they can't learn to beat it or build against it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

it's a mod, so any ship can take them

edit: that's right it has a req for missile and torpedo

alg fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 29, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

yeah playing 75 minute games where 40 of them are chasing assaj is really fuckin' fun

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Scrambled has to have another way to assign it or it's utter garbage

Edit: it's good on palp shuttle for 0 I guess. Not that it needed that

alg fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 13, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It says cancel a result for a shield. So it's auto damage

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Raged posted:

I'm watching a reply top 8 match of Marcel and his triple jumps and he is slow playing like a motherfucker in the last 15 minutes.

lol even his own squad mates think he is doing it.

You gotta link this

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Raged posted:

I really like that T-65s are getting a fix. but does anyone else think maybe that these are going to be OP as hell?

In a corner somewhere a Tie swarm player and a Interceptor player are holding each other. Both are crying.

s-foils are basically garbage with one extra action that isn't free, just an option

the refit is genuinely good but not even as good as the nerfed defender fix

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, a 0 point modification that doesn't gives you a free extra action every turn is totally garbage.

You realize that's a 0 point modification that's both Vectored Thrusters AND Engine Upgrade, PLUS TIE Mark II?

Oh and it lets you Tallon Roll. When you want to.

Engine upgrade to make your attack worthless.

Barrel roll at the cost of an action is an option.

T-roll at the cost of an action is an option.

Defender title was a free evade action and a reduction in cost. The refit is good in that respect but not quite as good as x7.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

So you're saying that the 0 point modification should be a stressless PTL?

They could have made it more interesting for sure but having FAA already the option of a boost with garbage attack or a barrel roll with unmodified dice is pretty underwhelming when compared with x7. No need for strawmen.

The refit is neat from a pure math perspective and should make T-65s fun.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

You know it’s not an action to flip s-foils, right?

At the start of the activation phase, you can choose to flip the card. So if you’re about to fly into combat, you open them. You get to decide, after revealing a 3 hard, if you want to talon roll or not. If you’re running away, you close them, and you get boosts and green 2 banks.

And with renegade refit, you get to equip this for free.

Of course I know that.

Yes it's a free card that provides more options. Is it going to break the game as claimed? No.

Renegade refit is solid but also not game breaking.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

He's saying that adding an action to your action bar is worthless because the action isn't free.

No, I specifically compared it to x7, which did get free actions.

Edit: also I guess this means they are never fixing torpedos, which is probably for the better given harpoons

alg fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 26, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/30/sowing-fear/

How cheap can Imperials get away with a ps10 coordinate now?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

22 points with 8hp, white turns and 1 sloops, plus 2 crew slots and absurd new cheap crew

Seems like a great ship

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Hopefully they announce 2.0 on Friday

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Edit: ^^^holy poo poo if true

This is great for the game but probably a great time to bow out too

Core + fixes will be $200? Do I need to buy the expansions too if I already own them?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rebels: Faction identity is support ships and effects.

Imperial: Swarm playstyle, group buffs if you stay in formation

Scum: Dirty tricks, everyone for themselves.

It would be so good if they stuck with this

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Have they mentioned anything about objective play?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

And two more for the Force Awakens factions?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

If they make objective play the default for tournaments I am definitely in. $300 for cardboard to play my current stuff is tough

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They need to show 2.0 TLT and harpoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

beardnerds posted:

Before buying those kits, you need to understand one critical change that we were excited to learn about with factions in Second Edition. If you buy all of the products for a single faction, you will have access to the full range of pilots and upgrades usable for that faction. No more buying ships from other factions in order to get the upgrades that you need! This means that you will need to buy one Conversion Kit for each faction you intend to fly.

Ok yep I'm in

• Locked thread