Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Is there a good resource for all card errata and rules changes with reasons for each? I know there's the FFG announcements of the changes themselves, but their site is like a goddamn maze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
How annoying to find is the Tantive IV now? My FLGS has it for retail -10% (with their loyalty deal). Usually I can do better online but it seems to be out of stock or $150+ everywhere. Is there just a random shortage or should I jump on the last one my FLGS has before they disappear forever?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Looks like Y-Wing reprints are starting to show up in stores. My FLGS had 5 earlier today.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

thespaceinvader posted:

I mean seriously, things have to be ludicrously good to do anything at top tier at the moment, so unless there's a MASSIVE nerf bat hovering over Miranda, Nym, Dengar, Scouts, etc, this is loving DOA.

Well, this article does confirm the ASLAM nerf, so that's something.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Is it just me, or is it really weird that Boba Fett killing a title that references another card like the Ghost/Phantom breaks their interaction, but him killing Extra Munitions/Jabba doesn't break their extra tokens?

Not necessarily bad for balance mind you, just inconsistent. I guess Munition/Illicit tokens just imply their own use in some way?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The titles require each other to work constantly; Extra Munitions/Jabba have already had their effect used, in that the token itself now exists.

Yeah I just saw in the FAQ that Jabba adds the tokens at the start of the match, and then basically just acts as a 5 point reference card.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Can we run a goon bracket where everyone is required to run janky ConfusedUs builds :allears:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I'm 100% in.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I really wish the bullseye arc could be retroactively added to every ship, because it looks like a really excellent and rewarding mechanic.

100% agree, every Ace should have that. Can we add the Mobile Firing Arc to all turret ships while we're at it?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

canyoneer and Some Numbers, you have until Sunday night to report your games!

I just played LanceKing2200 and won 100-27, with ALL THE CRITS Leebo vs Deathrain Aces.

Surprise surprise, no one wants to play triple jumps, even if it is jankier than usual.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
canyoneer did you get my steam friend request? We gotta duke it out.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
So my FLGS is having a black Friday sale tomorrow, all X-wing is BO GO 50% off. Assuming I have none of these sets, and they are all MSRP, what's my best bet?

Ghost
Guns For Hire
Most Wanted
Upsilon
Shadowcaster
U-Wing
Decimator
Jumpmaster

I'm thinking Ghost and Upsilon, or Ghost and Decimator, but I also want to get Most wanted and start my scum collection.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Fresh and juicy spoilers if you can read/translate French:

Translations courtesy of Reddit:

Asteroid Gambit. Action: Assign one evade token to your ship for each obstacle at range one of your ship, to a maximum of two evade tokens.

Threat Tracker. When an enemy in your firing arc at range 1-2 activates during the combat phase, you may spend your target lock token you have on that ship to perform a boost action or a barrel roll action from your action bar.

Blackout. When you attack, if the attack is obstructed, the defender rolls 2 less defense dice (to a minimum of zero).

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 28, 2017

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Secret Machine posted:

Those cards all seem... kinda underwhelming? I’m definitely going to get the Silencer but so far nothing leaked has really blown me away.

With threat tracker, if I already have an enemy in my arc, why would I trade modifying my attack dice to reposition?

I think it's intended to either get you into range 1/out of range 3, or to get you out of their arc so you can still shoot them while not getting shot yourself.

Also if you're a higher PS and already shot them, you can trade a TL you didn't use to avoid being shot at if you can BR out of arc.

Still a niche use, but kinda cool.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

canyoneer posted:

10 green moves, 4 white, 3 red. And native boost/BR, lol

Power creep? what's that? :v:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
My FLGS is gonna allow the new ships if they come in next week for bracket. How does this look for PalpSilencer?

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Collision Detector (0)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Test Pilot "Blackout" (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Threat Tracker (3)
Autothrusters (2)
First Order Vanguard (2)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Rules question: Extra Munitions says that you MAY discard the munitions token instead of the upgrade card when using an effect that discards it. If you choose to discard the card instead of the token, does the token disappear/stop working, or is it effectively a second copy of the card (that gets discarded instead of flipped down)?

Follow up: The main question of this is; if I have Scavenger Crane and Extra Munitions, can I just keep discarding the CARD (to get it back with the crane) and save the token for an emergency, or will dropping the card before the token just rob me of a use?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Welp, so much for that build.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I ran this tonight and broke even, had a blast though. Norra combo is so janky and I love it, and they all actually synergize really well:

Norra Wexley (29)
Marksmanship (3)
Kyle Katarn (3)
BB-8 (2)
Experimental Interface (3)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Lowhhrick (28)
Draw Their Fire (1)
Jan Ors (2)
C-3PO (3)

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (17)
Push the Limit (3)
Maul (3)
R3-A2 (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I might swap R3-A2 for R2 Astromech, since it and Maul are redundant in attaching stress on attack, while giving me more greens would help him stay in formation.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Cheaper Palp shuttle with Jam action? Yes please. If that thing has a halfway-decent dial then Palp-Aces might be back in a big way.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

uncle blog posted:

Probably, as there is no point in including 5 generics when there is only 3 tokens.

More likely it's just rendered wrong, because the U wing base has one of the X wing pilots' info :ffg:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Also is that an X-Wing with working S-Foils? All the pictures show it open, but the pic of it in the box looks awfully flat.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

canyonero posted:

Yeah definitely different text on the Reaper's version of AA, since it starts with this new text: "Tie Rea[per only]" "Treat your... manuevers...". After that it seems to match up with the Striker's AA text.

The Reaper has a Jam action, which is different than the Jam Token that the Jamming Beam assigns. The Jam action, assuming it's the same one from Epic, assigns stress to an enemy ship, until it has 2 stress tokens. A Palp Stresshog with 2 green dice (LWF), a pre-manuever boost, and an Evade token sounds annoying.

The text of the article mentions the jam action preventing token use, which stress does not do. The non-epic Jam action either applies a Jam Token at range X or has another similar effect.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
No ordinance dice is questionable, but everything else sounds amazing.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Funzo posted:

It sounds like there’s a $50 box that covers upgrades for every released ship in a faction.

Right, but one of each ship per faction presumably. This means Brobots cost $100 to run, and lol Tie swarm.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Article is up:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/x-wing-second-edition/

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Funzo posted:

It sounds like upgrades and upgrade costs will all be handled with the app.

Yeah the article mentions "seasons" of organized play, and even having special rules for particular events.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Presumably great pilots who are not force-sensitive will get extra of these "lightning" tokens that are used to activate abilities, instead of (or in addition to) EPT.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Funzo posted:

What are the odds they got their poo poo together and put in standardized keywords for everything?

The pre-order bonus is a custom damage deck and the images of it show that "flip this card face down" is now keyworded as "Repair this card", so maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

thespaceinvader posted:

2.0 turret upgrades are mobile arcs YAAAAAAS.

COnversion kit numbers are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

It looks like turret upgrades use the mobile arc, and turret primaries use a weird double version. You can see it on the falcon in the preview trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxHfU2Xoac

• Locked thread